Chapter 21

"I'm here," Olga's emotions were all over the place at the moment. She went from having an amazing painting the bakery with Leona last night, to being irate the next, thinking things couldn't get any worse than Hector trying to wiggle his way into Leona's life. Boy she couldn't have been more wrong. Nothing could be worse than it is right now as she stood in the back office of the bar clutching onto her friend.

"I'm here," no matter how bad she thought last night went and how much she hurt seeing Leona run into Hector's arms after their fight, she would relive that moment over a hundred times if it meant today never happen. This was breaking her heart. She couldn't stomach the thought of the woman being more traumatized by her troubled husband and yet, here she was.

The brunette knew their fight had to be weighing heavy on Leona too and now she couldn't even fathom what the woman could be thinking or feeling about anything. All she knew was that she had to be there for Leona. No matter what, she knew she had to be her strength right now even though she just wanted to curl up and cry herself. "I'm here," she kept repeating over and over as the woman cried into her chest.

Leona couldn't stand the thought of Carlos being near Olga. She couldn't risk letting the brunette go even if it was to defend her honor. She didn't need that, what she needed was her friend and she was thankful the brunette relented and didn't go looking for her husband. Olga was the only one she felt one hundred percent safe with and she couldn't fathom being left alone right now.

After hugging each other for several long minutes, Olga was the first to break the hold. "Nilalamig ka," she stated as she felt the woman shaking.

"Oo eh," she sniffed as she released the brunette. "I was out in the rain and I just couldn't bring myself to go inside," she said finally glancing around the room, noticing Feliz had disappeared. "It was like I wanted to, but I couldn't bring my legs to move," she said wiping her eyes with the sleeve of her shirt. "Feliz finally came outside and brought me in."

"It's okay," Olga rubbed up and down her arms.

"Nadalhan mo ba akong ng pants so I can change? I'm fr..freezing," she said her teeth chattering.

"Oo, pero hindi ka pa pwedeng magpalit. Dadalhin kita sa ER and get you checked and ha..."

"No," Leona immediately shot back. "No. I'm not going to the hospital. No," she stepped back from the brunette.

"Leona, honey," she said before she could stop herself, but thankfully the woman didn't scold her. "Kailangan mong pumunta," she slowly stepped closer. "Please? How can he get reprimanded for what he did if we can't prove it. Let them..."

"No... no!" she yelled. "I'm not going," she stepped back again. "Please, don't make me." She shook her head. She just wanted tonight to be over with and if she went to the emergency room she would just have to prolong it and she just couldn't stomach that right now.

"Listen," Olga took a step back also to not frighten her. "Kailangan niyang pagbayaran yung ginawa niya sa'yo. It'll be your word against his if I don't take you, Leona." She tried to get through her.

"Please, nagmamakaawa ako," she begged. "Gusto ko ng umuwi," she shook her head. "Just let me go home and shower. I just need to wash this day off of me. Gusto ko ng umuwi." She insisted.

"Leona, you know what you're saying right?" The brunette asked her softly. "Kung uuwi ka instead of the hospital, odds are he will get away with this." She paused as she let the woman think over it. She wasn't going to drag her to the ER if she didn't want to go, but she couldn't comprehend why she wouldn't want to make him pay for his deed.

"I know you don't want that, sweetie. Let me take you and get some..." She swallowed the lump that immediately formed in her throat at the thought of the man forcefully taking the woman. "Kailangan natin ng DNA. I'm sure you have some of his on you. Kung hindi ka komportable, I'll sneak you in and do the tests myself kung ayaw mong ipaalam sa iba."