Part 2.

Erik's Pov.

"Have you heard anything about Wildings south of the wall?" Father asks, and I give him a nod.

"I've gotten some words that the amount of raids have been increased. I've been thinking about going further North and deal with it, but I've been busy with the Riverlands, and shouldn't the Night's Watch deal with them." I say as we start walking out of the stables with Shadow besides me. Well, he's not as bad as expected.

"The Night's Watch don't have enough men to gaurd all points. They've been understaffed for years." Father says, and I give him a nod.

"You have over 60 houses that are loyal to house Stark . Let each of them send 20 men to the wall. They won't have to take the black, but they'll help keep the Wildlings hopefully away from our lands."  I state, and he turns in my direction. 

"Many houses don't have a lot of soldiers to call upon. " Father says and,   I give him a shrug. "That's why you're asking for 20 and not hundreds. Because  60 times, 20 is still 1200 men  if they are mounted they can patroll in groups of 100." I say, and I see a small smile appear on his face.

"I'll send word, but one day you'll be warden of the North, Erik." Father says, and I give him a shrug.

"I have  no desire to become warden of the North, I wish to help where needed. I've been planning to go to Essos." I say, and he let's a frown  grow on his face.

"Essos? What lays in Essos for you?" He asks, and I give him a small smile.

"I've been trying to make this land a better one, taking former bandits, pirates, and everything in between and making them honest men. Essos still practices slavery and I wish to end it. No woman , child, or men should live their life in chains." I say with a shurg, as in my eyes it's true no one should live like that.

"I guess that's why they call you the Wandering Wolf. If that is where your heart wishes to lead you, you should go. But Erik Winter is coming." Father says, and I give him a nod.

"Winter is coming, and when it comes, I will protect my home and people."

...................

Walking onto the courtyard, I see Robb practically run over to me.

"I've missed you, brother." He says as he puts his hands on my shoulders while I give him a chuckle.

"Wish I could say the same." I say with a grin, and he tries to shove me before I put him in a  head lock.

"Will you ever learn." I tease before he tries to get out my hold, and I just shake my head at his efforts.

"Alright, alright, let me go." Robb groans out, and I release my hold on him.

"So tell me about your travels?" Robb says, and I wrap my arm around his shoulders as we walk over the courtyard.

"Well they've been alright, went first to the Westerlands to deal with pirates who where raiding the fishing villages, then I want to the Reach there was this self claimed lord  he was forcing commoners to give him their hard earned coin, then we went to the Stormland to deal with some  bands of Robber Knights, and well then we went towards the Riverlands to deal with some forest bandits." I say as he listens to my every word.

"Was hoping for more details, but I'm glad you're back, even if it's probably for a short while." Robb says, and I give him a nod. Once we have dealt with the forest bandits in the Riverlands, I wish to head to Essos.

"True, so let's enjoy the time we have together." I say before playfully shoving him away from me.

"If it isn't the lost son." Theon says as he walks over and I raise my brow. "I'm still your lord, Theon, so show me some respect." I state with a grin as I hold my hand out for him that he takes.