Part 32.

Erik's Pov.

A Fortnight Later,.

It's been a fortnight, and the weather has been well, whether of the North. It will take us a few more days before we reach WinterFell. 

Looking at the map in front of me, I release a deep breath. If the Bolton's are smart, they will never meet us at open field because they will lose that battle. They'll use Sansa against me. And if we let the dragons loose on the castle, it will go up in flames.

"The famous thinking face again." Daenerys says as she wraps her arms around my abdomen while her head rests against my shoulder.

"They'll never meet us at an open field. They'll use my sister against me, and if we let the dragons loose, they'll burn WinterFell down." I state with a shake of my head.

"There has to be a way for you to draw them out." Daenerys says, and I nod my head as I turn around in her hold.

"Indeed there is, and you won't like it." I state, and she raises her brow at me. "And what may that way be Erik?" She also and I place my hands on her hips.

"My father once said 500 men in WinterFell can stop an army of  10000. They'll never come out of the gates when they see our army, but they won't let me parade around outside the gates." I say, and her eyes widen as she takes a step away from me.

"You can't be serious, Erik? You're one man, and you're talking about getting slaughtered!" She almost yells, and I grab her hand.

"I'll take 500 riders with me. We will be fast. And I was thinking about asking for some help from your children." I say, and she looks as me with a frown.

"You think the dragons will listen to you?" She more states than asks, and I give her a shrug.

"Well, no?  But I can always try, right? You can march after me with out army but I'll put enough distance between us, so you're too late to catch up when and if a fight breaks out. " I say, and she scoffs at my words.

"That's why I don't want you to go! We will be too far behind you to catch up when they've surrounded you!" She almost yells in frustration.

"Daenerys, you need to trust me. They will never let me ride outside of the gates of WinterFell, I'm the firstborn son of Eddard and Catelyn Stark. The North is mine  by birthright. When they see the Stark Banner outside of their gates, they'll never accept that, but they'll never come out if they see 23000 men outside the gates." I say as I take a step towards her. 

"If you die, I'll drag you back from the death, I'll cut your cock off before killing you myself Erik Stark." She states and I grab her hips with a smile.

"I wouldn't expect anything less, my dragon." I say, and she closes her eyes as she shakes her head.

"Come back to me." She says as she grabs my chin and searches my eyes.

"You're my home, aren't you? I'll always come back, Daenerys Targaryen." I say before leaning down and placing a kiss against her lips. 

"Then we better go ask them." Daenerys says with a heavy breath before we walk out of the tent.

Walking out, I see Rickon walk over with Corwyn.

"Corwyn ready 500 riders, give 100 the Stark Banner we ride out tonight." I state, and his eyes widen for a brief second.

"Your grace." He says before running away from me.

"You're leaving, aren't you?" Rickon asks with a frown, and I place my hands on his shoulders.

"I'll always come back, Rickon, I promise you." I say, and he gives me a hesitant nod. "I-i know you'll come back." He says before wrapping his arms around me.