Prolong

My heart was throbbing fast as I walked on the ramp with my models. I have done this countless times, but my heart still beats wildly as if it were the first time. I could hear claps of appreciation from all the guests who attended this year's fashion week. I had plastered a smile on my face, but from inside, havoc was going on in me. Hundreds of judging eyes were fixed on me. But that's not what bothered me. The reason behind this was that he was sitting in the front row with his calculative, predatory, cold blue eyes fixed on me. He was not alone. A beautiful woman was sitting beside him, whispering something to him. My fingers curled on the side of my dress. I felt a burn in my chest looking at them. 

What was he even doing here in the first place? 

His cold, scrutinised eyes were following my every small movement, and that made me feel anxious. It made my heart beat even faster. It was not his first time doing that, but every time he did that, my stomach scrunched in sweet fear. I just wanted to get out of here. I averted my eyes and smiled for the last time at everyone. Turning around, I walked backstage in a hurry. I just wanted to be away from this predatory gaze. Once I was in my changing room, I let go of my breath, which I didn't even know I was holding. I took a deep breath to calm myself. 

Another successful show

I took a deep breath of relief because I was no longer in front of hundreds of judging eyes. I wanted to get out of this tight dress. I pulled the straps from my shoulder, and the dress became loose around my chest. I was about to let it fall from my body when the door of my changing room opened. My heart beat fast, and I grabbed the dress from the front before it could slip down. I was on my toes, ready to lash out at the person who opened the door without my permission. But my words died in my mouth when my gaze met her cold blue eyes. My fingers curled tightly on the soft material of the dress and pressed it more against my chest. His predatory, cold blue eyes moved all over me, making me shiver under his gaze. I swallowed the lump and mustered my courage. 

"Get out," I said in a firm voice, but it shook a bit at the end. The muscles in his jaw tensed when I said that. Instead of getting out, he closed the door and started taking calculative predatory steps toward me. His eyes moved all over my length. My heart started to drum fast. It made me take a step back until my back was flat against the wall. 

"I said get out," I repeated, trying to sound firm when he was only a step away from me. He stood in front of me with his hands in his pants pocket. 

"Last time I checked, I still own this place," he said arrogantly in his deep voice, which made me want to sink into the wall. He stood in front of me. 

"But it's my workplace," I breathed out when he cut an inch of distance between us. His body was not touching me, but my body still twitched as if his calloused hands were moving all over me. I lowered my eyes and took a deep breath to calm myself, but my heartbeat raised when I heard steps coming towards us. 

"Someone is coming. Go from here," I found myself pleading. The steps became louder as if the person were just a few steps away from opening the door. I don't want rumours to be spread here. An evil smile formed on the corner of his lips looking at the distress on my face. 

"I'm not afraid to be seen with my wife," he said in his deep, low voice, sending shivers down my spine. 

My eyes snapped towards him in anger. I know he was doing this on purpose because no one here knows we are married. 

Why is he breaking the deal? 

A/N
Erick and Grcaes's story.
Ready up to chapter 51 on Patreon.