Chapter 37

I just want to kill him.

I got out of bed and stood up to slap that shamelessness out of him, but as soon as I strid in his direction, my legs wobbled and my head felt foggy. I lost my balance because of my sudden movement. He was on my site in a split second, holding me firmly to his chest. I closed my eyes, feeling that fog still in my head. It took me a few minutes to come to my senses. 

"Why do you have to stand up like that? You still have a fever," he said sternly while looking down at me. His hands were wrapped around me, securing me to him. I opened my eyes only to glare at him. I put both hands on his chest and pushed him. 

"Don't touch me and stop behaving as if you care," I spoke out while pushing him away from me. I don't want to be anywhere near him. His closeness makes my heart cry. 

"Just stop showing your fake concern!" I yelled this time and sat on the bed because my head was spinning a bit. His jaw clenched when I said that. He stepped back and didn't say anything. I took a deep breath until that fog disappeared from my head. 

"I want my clothes. I want to go back," I said while looking away from him. He once again didn't say anything. He walked away and came back with my clothes. They were dried. He kept standing, which made me glare in his direction. Does he think I will change my clothes in front of him? I sigh, looking at me. I changed into them when he walked out of the room. Once I was dressed, I walked out of the room. I found my cell phone and bag on the coffee table in the living room. He was nowhere to be found. I walked to it and grabbed my cell phone. I had calls and messages from Aria asking me if I had reached home safely. I replied to her messages. I told her that my cell phone was dead; that's why I couldn't reply last night. He walked out of the room after a few minutes, dressed in a new set of clothes. 

"Let's go," he said without even looking at me. He grabbed his keys and walked out of the house. I followed him. I wanted to take a taxi, but I knew he would create one more scene if I did that. I don't have the strength for it. So I kept quiet until we reached my place. I didn't even thank him; I just got out of the car and slammed the door. He deserves it for changing my clothes. I could feel his eyes burning holes in my back until I disappeared inside my apartment building. I slumped on my bed once I was inside my house. The dizziness was still there, but my fever has lowered because of the medicine I took. My mind was not ready to repeat last night's events. I was still tired. The exhaustion of all the weeks was making me feeble. I decided to stay in bed and go to the office late. I messaged Evelyn before sleeping again. When I woke up next time, I was feeling good and a little fresh. It was past lunchtime when I reached the office. 

"Everything is ok. You never took half days," Evelyn asked, placing a steaming cup of coffee in front of me. 

"Thank you, I so badly needed it," I said while taking it. 

"I'm good. I was just so tired, so I slept for a little longer," I replied, taking a sip of steaming goodness. Her eyes narrowed a bit, and her lips were pressed in a thin line for a few seconds. She knows it's not the reason. She sighs when I don't say anything else. "You should take a few days off. You know Aria and I can handle the things," she suggested, because she knows how I end up exhausting myself when there is a fashion show. "I know, but I won't burden you. You both have equal pressure on you. Don't worry, I will be fine, and I will take a few days off after the show," I assured her while sipping my coffee. She once again sighs, looking at me. 

"I don't know when you will start listening to me. Don't overwork and leave for home early," she said, turning to leave the office. I smiled while moving my head in amusement. Mother Hen was back. Work went by. Once I was engrossed in my work, all my bothersome thoughts disappeared. I was busy at work when my cell phone started to ring. I took it without looking at the caller ID. 

"Hello!" I said, still looking at the new designs. 

"Grace, I heard a croaky voice and then a few coughs from the other side of the call. Sabrina, what's wrong? Are you ok?" I asked in concern, stopping what I was doing. 

"Sabrina! I told you not to call your sister; she must be busy with her work. I heard Lily, her mother, and my stepmom scolding her. 

"But I'm missing her, and I'm sick. She will come to meet me," Sabrina whined from the other side in her crackly voice before she could say anything else. I heard Lily talking next. She must have taken her cell phone from her. 

"Everything is ok. Sabrina is not well," I asked with furrowed brows, resting my back on the chair. 

"Grace, I'm sorry she is distributing you like that. I know you must be busy with your new fashion week. So don't bother; she will be fine after taking the medicine," Lily said, dismissing all her daughter's pleas. 

"But I have been sick for the whole week," she whined again, protesting it. 

"Give her the pheon. I will talk to her, I said, wanting to talk with my sick sister. 

"Hey, how are you?" I asked softly. 

"Not doing well and missing you badly," she replied, coughing again and then sniffing. I sigh with a small smile on my lips. I told her I would visit her in the evening. She was so happy after listing it. I left work early. I grabbed her favourite muffins on my way to cheer her up. I will meet her before my dad comes back from work. I don't want to even bump into him. Yes, I'm avoiding him, like I have been doing for a few years. After what Erick said the other day, I know meeting him won't be any good for me. She was so happy to see me. She is still a child. 

"I'm sorry you have had to come like this. I know how busy you are and how you don't like to come here." Lily once again apologised while Sabrina was busy devouring the muffins. 

"Stop apologising like that. You are my family, and I should take some time to meet you both," I said with a smile on my face. I emphasise meeting only both of them. She smiled and nodded her head. 

"Grace, do you know dad wants me to change schools? He is saying I won't be able to continue there because his business is not doing well. He wants me to go to public school. How will I survive in a new school without my friends?" Sabrin said while looking at me with sad eyes. I think that's the reason she has fallen ill. She is so attached to her friends. 

"Sabrina, no talking while eating," Lily scolded her, which made her pout. I raised my eyebrow in question at Lily when I heard that. 

"Dad wants her to leave private school?" I asked with surprise. Dad is so strict when it comes to studying. He believes in the best education. 

"Things are turning in that direction, but don't worry. Will you have dinner with us?" she asked, brushing off the topic. She changed the topic. I moved my head in no because I'm leaving. I was on my way out when I bumped into my dad. I wanted to walk past him, but I stopped when he called me by my nickname. 

"Can we talk, Gracie?"

Guys if you want to keep reading this book for free follow me here and on Instagram.
_______________________________________
A/N
Hey guys update for you all.
Let me know your thoughts in the comment section.
Read up to chapter 96 exclusive on patreon.
The Nuptials of Convenience up to chapter 49.
Vote, comment and share.