Chapter 49

Shit, I got caught!

"Madam, breakfast is ready if you follow me. I will lead the way to the dining room," he said, pulling me out of my thoughts. I was dreaming about escaping this hour and going back to the comfort of my apartment. My shoulders slump in defeat. I had no choice but to follow him. I gave him a slight nod and decided to follow him. He was the way, and I kept following him, noticing my surroundings, so I remembered the way. 

"My name is Fergus, and I'm the butter who has been taking care of this place since it was built," he said while I was busy looking around. His accent had an Irish tone to it. Maybe his parents are from Ireland. 

"Master Erick has told me to look after your needs. If you need anything, you can call me anytime," he continued. I just chuckled when he said MasterErick. I won't know why, but it sounded funny to me. I kept following him without a word. He led me to a big dinner room. It had a huge dining table that could easily fit twenty people. I moved my eyes. He was nowhere to be found. 

"Food is prepared according to your liking," he said, diverting my mind to the table. The aroma of the food made my stomach grumble. He pulled out the chair for me. Lots of food was on the table. Only after looking at the food did I realise how hungry I was. I didn't even have dinner last night. "May I" he asked pointing at my heel. I was still holding them in my hands. I smiled sheepishly and gave them to him. I was running all over the place bare feet. I took a seat and mumbled a small thank you. 

"Please feel at home, and if you need anything, let me know. Enjoy your breakfast," he said with an expressionless face. I just smiled at him awkwardly. 

"Thank you", I said when he turned my plate. Saying that he walked away. I moved my eyes all over the place. Behind the dining room, there was an open modern kitchen. It gave a view of the whole space. I looked at the food and once again bit on my lower lip. I need energy to find my way out of here. My mouth watered, smelling the delicious aroma of freshly baked bread. There was so much food on the table. So much for one person. Thinking over that made my stomach grumble even more. I decide to eat first and then find ways to escape this place. I took the omelette and bread. I moaned as soon as I took the first bite. I even eat a few pancakes with fruit and chocolate syrup. I was busy licking the chocolate syrup from the spoon when he walked in. He was freshly showered, looking like he had walked out of the gym. He was wearing a tight t-shirt that showed all his muscles and a sweatpant that was hanging so low on his hips. His frame was now huge, with lots of muscles. He smirked, looking at me. He caught me staring at him. I rolled my eyes and looked away, as if I were not just ogling at him. I kept looking at him with peripheral vision. My mouth was dry, so I picked up the juice and took a sip. He poured himself a glass of juice and then brought it to his lips while looking at me. He kept sipping his juice while looking at me. Making me feel conscious of myself. He was freshly showered, and I was still in my last night's clothes and a bit dirty. Yeah, I know I'm nothing in front of him in looks, but still, why is he making it so obvious? 

"What's your problem? I asked, looking straight into his eyes, when I had enough. He gulped the last sip and kept the glass aside. 

"It's always been you," he said casually, placing an omelette on his plate with some bread. I rolled my eyes. I should have never asked him that. He was starting to annoy me. I put the last piece of pancake in my mouth. I was done eating. I decided to take the plate back to the kitchen. I don't eat free food. I took my plate and walked to the kitchen. His eyes kept following me, but I ignored him. I washed my plate instead of leaving it in the sink. The wall behind the sink was reflecting tiles, and I could see all the hickeys on my neck. They have started to turn blue now. I have to do something before it gets darker. I can find ice here. I moved my eyes to the kitchen. I spotted a huge refrigerator in the corner. I wiped my hands on the towel and decided to get some ice cubes. I put a few ice cubes in a glass. I once again stood in front of the sink, using it like a mirror. I felt a sting when I applied an ice cube to it. I bit on my lower lip and continued to ice it. I was doing it with so much focus. I hope it fades away soon. 

"What are you doing?" a husky voice whispered in my ear. Ice fell from my hand, and I jumped to my place. I was so focused on my task that I didn't even notice when he stood behind me. I turned around, only to find him standing so close to me. My heart was beating fast because of his sudden appearance. "What were you doing? he asked, looking at my neck with narrowed eyes. I took a deep breath to calm myself. 

"Removing this ugly mark you left on my skin," I said in annoyance, and I was about to turn back to continue what I was doing. But before I could, he moved his face forward. 

"Let me see," he said, pushing my hair back, exposing the whole column of my neck. My hands gripped the edge of the sink when he did that. His warm breath fanned on my wet, cold neck, making a shiver pass down my spine. 

"It has started to fade," he said with cold eyes, looking up at me from my neck. My eyes widened in surprise. 

"Really?" I asked with amazement. "I didn't know if it would work," I said with a grin on my face, my eyes still twinkling in amazement. His eyes kept looking at me in amusement. 

"I will apply more ice to it." I don't know why, but I felt proud of myself. As if I have achieved something big. 

"Hmmm," he hummed, and then I felt his tongue sliding on his mark on my neck. I shivered when he licked my skin. A smile dropped from my face, and before I could push him away, He opened his mouth and sucked on his mark. I gasped loudly and held the edge of the counter tightly. My eyes closed on my own when he sucked on it again. I pressed my lips together, stopping myself from making any sound. My mind became foggy for a few seconds, and I forgot what I was doing in the first place. He sank his teeth into my sensitive skin. My hands moved forward and I grabbed his t-shirt. My brows quickened, and my eyes refused to open. He licked my sensitive skin, making me feel stinging with tingles. He pressed a soft kiss on his mark, making me shiver once again. I pushed him away when I couldn't take it anymore. But he won't budge. He stood in front of me like a mountain. 

"Perfect," he whispered over it, brushing his lips on it. I opened my eyes slowly to look at him. He was already looking at me. But what he said next made my eyes widen in disbelief. An evil smirk formed on his face. 

"Now it won't fade even if you ice it."

Guys if you want to keep reading this book for free follow me here and on Instagram.
_______________________________________
A/N
Hey guys update for you all.
Let me know your thoughts in the comment section.
Read up to chapter 107 exclusive on patreon.
The Nuptials of Convenience up to chapter 63.
Vote, comment, and share.