Chapter 53

Now what does he want from me?

"What do you want?'' I said it in annoyance. He pulled me into the far corner, where no one could see us. I tried to yank my hand out of his hold, but he made his grip strong on my wrist. He pulled me forward, making me stumble on my steps. He worked his arm around my waist to make me stable. I glared at him. "Let go of me." I tried to get out of his grip, but he tightened his hold around me. "I told you to behave, but you have always disobeyed me," he said with a clenched jaw. I smirked internally when he said that. "I did nothing. I followed you to welcome them. I showed them the house as you asked me to," I said innocently, and it made him clench his jaw even more. 

"You are telling me you did those things willingly, with me threatening you to do them. You want to act smart. Keep up your act," he said in his low, dark voice. I didn't let that affect me and continued my act. 

"I was going to let you go after dinner, but I think you need to stay here to get a few things straight into your head," he said, and that's what made me gasp in horror. He had a determined look in his eyes. I can't spend one more night under the same roof as him. I need to get away from him. 

"You promised me that you would let me go after dinner," I said in annoyance, with my brows furrowed in anger. 

"I never promised you. It was a deal that you broke first. Now face the consequences. You did what you wanted; now I will do what I want," he said with an evil smirk on his lips, and there was again that determined look in his cold blue eyes. My jaw clenched when he said that. He took hold of my chin with his thumb and forefinger, making me look at him. He pecked my lips before I could stop him. My body went still when his lips touched mine. He let go of it with that evil smile on his lips. His eyes told me he had evil plans for me. He walked away, leaving me behind in dismay. I thought he never had a plan for letting me go in the first place. He was just toying with my emotions. What ever I do doesn't matters because he never had planes of letting me go. I will be on my reblelliouse mood. I had to take a few deep breaths to calm myself. I was so pissed at him. I joined them after a few minutes. Dad and Erick were talking but stopped when I entered. Lily and Sabrina were sitting on dad's side. So I had to take an empty seat beside Erick. 

"Everything is okay, Lily asked me when I took my seat. Yes, everything is perfect," I said with a forced smile on my face. She smiled at me. Food was served to me. I was hungry, but my mood was so off that I didn't feel like eating. I was playing with my food. Everyone was quiet, eating their food. 

"Erick, you have such a beautiful house, I must say," Lily said, sad to ease the awkward tension in the air. He moved at her with a small thanks. 

"Yes, you have such a big pool. I would love to spend my day in it," Sabrina said with a huge smile on her face. 

"You are welcome here anytime. I would love to spend some time with your sister," Erick said to her, making me roll my eyes. He is trying too hard to be a sweaty guy, which he is not. I gulped my red wine in one go. I gestured for Fergus to rifle at it. He did it immediately. 

"Relly. I would love to spend my time with Grce," Sabrina said excitedly while averting her eyes from him to me. I smiled at her. I would love to spend some time with my baby sister, but not here. Once again, that silence was back. Dad kept looking at me, but I kept ignoring him. I bet he wants me to act like his good daughter. Everyone in my life only expects things from me but is not willing to give me something in return. For a long time, I have been his puppet, but not anymore. 

"Your diamond set is very beautiful," Lily said once again to cut the silence. She had a soft smile on her lips. Unknowingly, my hand moved to it. My fingers felt the design. I sigh, and once again, sadness takes over. 

"It's the second most expensive thing I've received in my life. But people who give me things don't know things like this do not please me," I said with a sad smile on my face. The first gift I received was the car my dad gave me. Only for me to never use it. I could feel Erick's cold eyes on me, but I gulped my drink once again in one go. I again asked for relief. I just hope this wine makes me numb from the inside so I don't feel anything. I'm a bit tipsy now. Once again, my words increased the tension in the air. Lily looked at me with side eyes. Dad cleared his throat. 

"So have you both decided on the date of engagement? We need to make things official soon," my dad said, like a businessman he is. Now I know the purpose of this dinner. It almost made me spit my wine, but I put my hands on my lips, stopping it. Engagement! This soon, I'm not ready for it. But once again, no one asked me if I was ready or not. I gulped my wine again. 

"We have not, but we will soon decide a date," Erick said in a firm tone. I asked Fergus for refil again, but Fergus looked at Master Erick first. I rolled my eyes when I saw Erick saying no to him. My jaw clenched in anger. 

"So now I have to drink with your permission too. Why don't you put restrictions on the air I breathe? It will make me suffocate sooner. At least then I don't have to face all this drama," I said in pure irritation while looking at him. Alcohol is in my system, giving me the courage to speak my mind. He glared at me. I rolled my eyes. 

"Grace, behave," my dad said in a firm tone, and it made me glare at him. I was done with this dinner. I was done with them. I was done with everything. 

"Enjoy your dinner," I said in the same irritation. I slammed the glass on the table and stood up. I didn't want to be here a minute more. I stomped out of the room. I had enough.

He wants to cage me here, but I will escape this prison. 

Tonight itself. 

Guys if you want to keep reading this book for free follow me here and on Instagram.
_______________________________________
A/N
Hey guys update for you all.
Let me know your thoughts in the comment section.
Read up to chapter 109 exclusive on patreon.
The Nuptials of Convenience up to chapter 67.
Vote, comment, and share.