Chapter 22

"I don't want to go home."

He didn't question me when I said that. Instead, he cleared his throat and gave the taxi driver the address. The taxi started to move, and I didn't know where he was taking me. I kept sitting quietly beside him, waiting for us to arrive at our destination. I watched a taxi take a turn into unknown streets, then it crossed the big highway, which took us to a less popular area where all hard-working middle-class people live. I read the street name. On St. Peter Street, a big board was hanging. The taxi passed by that board and stopped on the corner of the street in front of the building. Erick paid for the taxi, and we walked out of the taxi. I thanked the taxi driver for waiting for me. He just nodded his head with a little amused look on his face before he drove away. I turned around to look at the building standing in front of me. It was not the fancy one I had seen before. It looked a little old compared to them. 

"Let's go," Erick said when he saw me watching the building with curious eyes. I nodded and took his hand as we walked inside. He looked at me for a few seconds when I did that but didn't say anything. He closed the lift door, and I had never seen it before. I thought they were automatic. We took the lift to the fourth floor. Reaching the fourth floor, we walked to the last room in the corridor. My eyes moved to all the closed doors in the corridor. He pulled out the keys from his pocket and opened the door. He pushed the door, and it made a cracking sound. He walked in first, and I trailed behind him. I still kept standing very close to him. 

My eyes moved all over the place. I was a little surprised because he brought me to the place where he lives. He brought his stalker home. My inner voice mocked me, making me roll my eyes at her in my head. There was a couch set in the middle and a coffee table in front of it in the room. Few pictures hanging on the wall. It had very little furniture, but it was so cosy. A homely smell lingered in the air, making me feel comfortable. I let go of his hand and walked to where the pictures were hanging. I saw pictures of young Erick and his mother. He was showing his full teeth with candy in his hand. His mother was standing beside him with her hand on his shoulder. I think this picture was taken at the beach. My eyes moved to the smiling kid. So he used to smile so carefreely when he was young. I have never seen that joy or smile on my face. My eyes moved to the woman standing beside him. His mother looked young in the picture—maybe twenty-five. Now I know from where he inherited his blue eyes. Grey eyes run in the villain's line, but he was the only one with a different eye colour. In every picture, they looked so happy, and it managed to warm my heart. 

"I will get you water." I heard Erick say it, and it pulled me out of my thoughts. 

"Hmm," I hummed in return and looked away from the pictures. Maybe he didn't like me looking at the pictures. He walked to the kitchen, and I took that time to move my eyes all over the place. I think it is a two-bedroom apartment. Home was not a big space or building but a cosy place where people lived with a contained heart. He came back after a few minutes with a cold water bottle in his hand. I sat on the couch, and he gave me the bottle. Only when I started drinking did I realise how thirsty I was. His blue eyes were fixed on me. Watching me drink water like a parched woman. 

"Thank you," I said while wiping my mouth with the back of my hand. A little water had spilled out of the corner of my mouth. 

"There is a bathroom in the corner," he said while pointing to the left. "You can freshen up there," he said, and I nodded my head. I kept my bag and walked to the bathroom. I wanted to wash my face. It was a little sticky from sweat and tears. I pulled the hands of the hoodie up to my elbow, but they still kept slipping from my arms. It was too big for me, but I loved it. I splashed water on my face and then wiped my damp face with the towel that was hanging near the sink. 

"I have ordered pizza; I hope you don't mind it," he said when I walked out of the bathroom. 

"I don't," I said with a look on my face. If only he knew how hungry I am. Rats were fighting in my stomach. 

"I will be back," he excused, and he walked into one of the rooms. I kept sitting on the couch because I knew he wouldn't like me looking at those pictures again. He came back after a few minutes. He had changed into sweatpants and a T-shirt. The T-shirt was clinging to his body like a second skin. Water was dripping from his hair, and dried blood was gone from his wound. He had washed his face. His blue eyes moved towards me. Blushing crept into my face, and I looked away when he caught me staring at him. He kept looking at me as if he were looking down into my soul. The tension kept rising in the air, making my throat go dry. His intense stare was broken by the loud sound of the doorbell. Pizza was here. He paid the delivery guy and walked inside with boxes of pizza. My stomach grumbled at the tempting aroma. He sat on the far end of the couch, creating distance between us. We had pizza and I ate without any care in the world. I was hungry. He grabbed some tissues and wiped the corner of my lips, and I again continued eating. I ended up eating four large slices of pizza. 

"Do you want more?" he asked when I slumped back on the couch. I looked at him in horror. 

"No, I'm so full," I said, moving my head in a no. I was surprised he was asking me to eat more. 

"My diet went into the gutter," I mumbled with the guilt of eating four large pizza slices. Familiar regret flooded me after eating something delicious. He chuckled when I said that. 

"Why do you want to lose weight?" He asked while folding the boxes, making me look at him. Can't he see the extra fat on my body? I'm not one of those lean girls. 

"Because I'm fat," I said the truth; maybe he wanted to hear that from my mouth. Everyone in my life has told me how fat I am in one way or another. Maybe it is his way. In a split second, the distance between us was cut. He effortlessly pulled me onto his lap, making me straddle his lap. My heart started to beat fast, looking at our proximity. 

"Look at me," he commanded, sending shivers down my spine. I found myself obeying him. He cupped my face, and warmth started to spread on my skin. 

"You are perfect. Never forget that," he said, looking straight into my eyes. "I love the way you are," he said without any doubt in his voice. My eyes widened, and my heart skipped a beat when he said that. That had never been said to me before.My heart felt so overwhelmed after hearing those words. A tear slipped from the corner of my eye. His thumb wiped it. My poor heart was not used to such kind words. I was scared at the way he made me feel, but at the same time, my heart carved those feelings. 

I love the way you are. 

Those words ring in my head, making the adrenaline rush in my blood. Our nearness buzzed the tension in the air and pulled me closer to him. Those feelings grabbed my heart more and more. I felt like expressing those feelings. I lifted my shaky hands and cupped his face. I felt tingles when I touched him. Without thinking much, I slowly moved my face toward him. His blue eyes followed my moment but didn't stop me from giving me a little courage. I kissed him on the corner of his lips. The air around us buzzed with needs. His eyes darkened when my lips touched his skin softly. He moved his hand and circled it around my waist. He pulled me more towards him.

"I will ruin you," he said in his raspy voice, his warning sending shivers down my back. I know he will; it was clearly stated in his cold blue eyes. He was ruthless when calming, something I have seen with my own eyes when he was fighting in the ring. My heart was beating fast, and I felt fear at his words. I was tired of being so cautious every time. I was tired of hiding my emotions. I was just tired from everything. I wanted to let my heart do what it wanted to do for once. He was the right thing at this moment, my heart whispered, and just like that, my mind gave up. I moved forward and whispered on his lisps.

"I want you to ruin me."

Guys if you want to keep reading this book for free follow me here and on Instagram.
_______________________________________
A/N
Hey guys update for you all.
Let me know your thoughts in the comment section.
Read up to chapter 78 exclusive on patreon.
The Nuptials of Convenience up to chapter 41.
Vote, comment and share.