Chapter 15

"I want to know the consequences." 

before he could say anything else. I elbowed him hard in his stomach and then stamped on his leg. His stomach was harder than I expected. It felt like elbowing a rock wall. He winced and hissed when I did that. His hold went loose on me. I took that opportunity to move out of his hold. If he thinks I don't know how to protect myself, then he is wrong. All thanks to Isabella. She keeps on trying new things, and she forces me and Evelyn to take a defence class with her. "I don't give empty threats. 

"Next time, consequences will be more severe than you think," I said with a smirk on my lips. He stood there with a little hunchback, rubbing the spot where I elbowed him. My elbow hurt too, but I didn't rub it in front of him. I kept a brave face until I turned around and immediately caressed my elbow. 

"Owh!" he mouth is in pain. My facial expression turned painful. I doubt if he was hurt or if he was just pretending to be hurt. I kept walking with that look on my face. I don't know in which direction I'm going. I could hear the cracking of shady, dry leaves telling me he was following me. He didn't say anything and just kept following me. I was so busy making him stop that I didn't pay attention to the path. I think we came that way. I turned and started to walk in that direction. Why is he not showing me the way out? Doesn't he know the way out too? Oh god, then it means we are lost. Suddenly I saw something moving in the grass, and my eyes widened when I saw yellowish scales. It must be something else. Please let it be something else. I still kept walking, but I halted again when I heard the hissing sound, and then I was at the head. It was my last straw. 

"Snake!" I shouted at the top of my lungs. I'm so scared of them. I turned around and ran to him. I leaped on him without thinking much. 

"Snake! There is a snake!" I shouted, hiding my face in the crook of his neck and wrapping my limbs around his body. 

"I'm not going to carry you. Get down," he said with his hands still in the air. 

"No, there is a snake," I said, tightening my hold around me. I refused to get down. 

"No! I have to touch you to carry you, and you don't want me to touch you, and I don't want to face severe consequences," he said smugly with his hands still in the air. His tone just highlighted the words I used on me 'severe consequences.' It felt like he was rubbing those words on my face. My hold was becoming loose on him. I know he is mocking me, but I had no other choice. My jaw clenched, and I took a deep breath. 

"Ok! You are allowed to touch me, so now carry me," I said in annoyance because I had no other choice. I was dreading keeping my feet on the ground. Snakes creep me out. I heard him chuckling when I said that. Is he finding this amusing? I almost had a heart attack after looking at the snake. He put his hand around me and secured me to his body. He started to walk effortlessly. I'm sure I'm heavy, but he is still walking so effortlessly as if I weighed nothing. I didn't care that my whole body was smashing against him. I only thought in my head that I should get out of there safely without any other snake encounters. His hands were under my buttocks, holding me properly, and his warm breath kept fanning my bare shoulders. My skirt had moved up, exposing my tights, and on top of that, I was clinging to him like a monkey. My face turned red when I realised my situation. I bit my lower lip and kept quiet, hiding my face in his neck. But he suddenly stopped making me move my face to look at him with furrowed brows. 

"Get down," he said, but we were still in the forest. 

"But we are still in the forest," I said with furrowed brows, looking around us. I could hear the hooting of different birds and the growling of animals. 

"I will only carry you out of the rest of the forest if you tell me if you like him or not," he said, looking down at me. At first, I was a little confused about what he was talking about, then I remembered he was talking about Zack. It seemed more important to him than a snake chasing us. What if it's just behind us? 

"I will tell you once we are out," I said in a firm tone, not wanting to answer him. He was trying to get an answer by taking advantage of the situation. 

"No, you have to answer me now," he said, refusing to budge. I looked at him in disbelief. I was ready to get down, but I again heard a hissing sound, which made me cling to him even more. Even his hold went loose on me. 

"I don't like him. Happy now, get me out of here," I almost yelled in panic. 

"Good girl. See how easy it was," he said smugly, and he pulled me up to adjust me properly in his arms. His lips touched my bare shoulders, making me shiver a bit. He looked satisfied with my answer. I stayed quiet, not saying anything. His hands around me made me feel something in my stomach. I dug my fingers in my palm. I wanted to run away from him, but at the same time, I felt like staying beside him. I couldn't deny it anymore. There was some kind of pull between us. He carried me out of the forest, and the first thing I wanted to do was to get out of his hold, but he didn't let me down. Instead, he started to carry me somewhere. 

"Where are you taking me? Put me down," I said when I saw him taking me somewhere else. He was walking in the opposite direction of where the party was going. 

"You got into my arms against your will, but you will get down with my will," he said with a smirk on his lips. My breath hitched, and my heart started to beat fast. What does he mean? I felt him open something, and I found myself in the back seat of the car. He made me straddle him. His cold blue eyes moved all over my face and down my neck to my bare shoulders. He dragged his eyes back to meet mine. His fingers tucked my stray hair behind my ear. The tension in the air thickens. My whole body shivered when he demanded the next thing from me.

"Don't you think I deserve a reward for saving you from the snake?" 

Guys if you want to keep reading this book for free follow me here and on Instagram.
_______________________________________
A/N
Hey guys update for you all.
Let me know your thoughts in the comment section.
Read up to chapter 70 exclusive on patreon.
The Nuptials of Convenience up to chapter 30.
Vote, comment and share.