Chapter 30

Sorry guys for the late update there is a bonus chapter for you all.

"Me too"

Two days went by like a snap of the fingers. We were all busy finalising the design material to try on our models. All the measurements were taken, and only the final stitching according to their bodice was left. It will be done tomorrow because today we're busy with Noha and Erick. Erick's schedule is packed for two weeks straight, so his secretary was able to spare only today in his fully packed schedule. We have to do all his final fittings today. Noah's schedule had yet to be finalised. But Noah's secretary told Alice that he could spare a few more days. I have told Alice to discuss this with him and then finalise the future dates. 

"All ready?" I asked my team, who were doing the setup in the hall. I limped a little while walking. My toe still hurts, so I kept a badge for support. We were going to take some teaser pictures to post on our social media sites for the campaign. 

"Yes, everything is done. They will be here at ten," Alice informed me, and I gave her a smile of approval. I limped towards the rack of design materials. Aria was already standing there. She looked at me with furrowed brows. 

"Why have you still not gone to the doctor?" she asked firmly, looking at my bandaged ankle. 

"I'm too tired to go to the doctor after work. Don't worry, it's getting better," I said with a small smile. 

"Yeah, I can see that," she said while moving her head in disbelief. I smiled at her sheepishly. I'm too busy to visit a doctor, and I sleep like a dead woman as soon as I reach home. 

"I know you keep neglecting it. We are going to the doctor after work," she said in a firm tone, saying she wouldn't accept no as an answer. Before I could say anything. Excited, Alice came running. 

"Oh my gosh, Erick Addams is here. I'm so excited. What do you think he will give me his number if I tell him I'm his number one fan?" she gushed excitedly while cupping her red face. It made us smile with amusement. 

"Let me tell you a secret, girl," Aria said while putting her hand over her shoulder. Alice was a couple of inches shorter than us. 

"That brute doesn't even bat his eyelashes if you gush around him. He will ignore you like a buzzing fly around him," she said, looking down at her. It felt like she was advising her younger self. 

"How do you know?" she asked, her excitement getting dull in her eyes. 

"Experience!" she said, looking into her eyes. 

"I've been in your place a long time ago, and baby, trust my words. You don't have a chance," she whispered with a small smile on her lips, telling her the secret. She looked at me when she said the last part, making me clear my throat. Aria had not put forth the slightest effort to surge-coat her words. Alice was surprised and still found it hard to believe her, but she still nodded her head. She walked away to get them. 

"You didn't have to throw the truth at her in the most brutal way," I said to Aria while looking at Alice's retreating figure. 

"My truth is better than getting her heart broken someday. It will be good for her to realise it soon, but people only learn from their mistakes," she said while wrapping her hands around her chest. 

"True. People only learn from their mistakes until then, and every warning bell is just stupid advice," I said and exhaled loudly. I learn from my mistakes. Her words held the truth. If I keep thinking about it, I will go crazy. It's better to get work done instead. 

"Let's go and greet his highness," I said exasperatedly while rolling my eyes. Aria laughed when I said that. Evelyn was already there to receive them. Alice was beside her with a huge, blinding smile on her lips. Aria moved her head when she saw her. My eyes moved to the brute. He was wearing a navy-blue Armani three-piece suit. His sunglasses rested on his straight, perfect nose. He was looking painfully handsome. Poor Alice and her heart. What about you? My inner voice mocked me, making me roll my eyes at her.

"Welcome, Bas-Mr. Villain," Evelyn said with a tight smile on her face. He raised one eyebrow, knowing very well what she was about to say. I bit my lower lip, stopping myself from laughing out loud. My best friend holds her grudges tightly. She has always hated him after what happened between us. 

"Aria, go. She won't be able to hold back another taunt." I patted Aria, and she exhaled, knowing it very well. His eyes moved around my office, and then they settled on me. I did go to greet him. They can both handle him. One of my interns came with new stitched material, and I got busy inspecting it. I could feel his burning gaze on me, but I ignored him. 

"Grace," I heard a bright, excited, familiar voice called my name. It made me look up. He walked straight to me with his charming full-tooth smile on display. His smile was contagious. I smiled back at him. 

"Rose for the rose," he said while giving me a bunch of red roses. I smiled looking at them, and a blush crept up on my cheeks. 

"Thank you. They are so beautiful," I said with a huge grin on my face, and then I smelled them. He has always been a charmer. The burning holes in my face became even more intense. 

"Thank you for agreeing to do it on such short notice," I said with a genuine smile on my face. 

"He had a shoot in Milan with Versace, but he cancelled it for this," his assistant told me, making me gasp. 

"Noah, you didn't have to do that. We would have arranged your trial some other day," I said, feeling bad. He took my hand and pressed his lips against the back of my hand. 

"Don't worry, they love me. I will go next week to do the shoot," he said while looking at me and then kissing my hand again like a gentleman. I smiled at him and bit my lower lips. 

"Let's go to my office. I will show you the designs I have chosen for you," I said a bit excitedly. Noah was a playboy, but when it came to business, he had very good eyes and a sense of the market. His advice has always been genuine. I turned around immediately, and my ankle twisted. In my excitement, I forgot that my ankle was still twisted. 

"Ouch." A gasp left my mouth when I felt a sharp pain. 

"Are you hurt?" Noah was immediately beside me to come to my aid. 

"Oh, it's nothing." I tried to brush it away. Ignoring the shape's pain 

"Your ankle is swollen," he said, looking at my bandaged ankle. Before I could say anything, he lifted me into his arms. 

"Let me carry you," he said, looking down at me with concern in his eyes. I found myself nodding at him and wrapping my arms around his neck, roses still in my hands. I looked back to look at him and smiled inwardly when I saw that clenched jaw and his blue eyes fixed on me. Both of my friends were moving their heads in amusement. I kept staring back into his cold blue eyes until we disappeared behind the closed door of my office.

Let the game begin.

Guys if you want to keep reading this book for free follow me here and on Instagram.

_______________________________________
A/N
Hey guys update for you all.
Let me know your thoughts in the comment section.
Read up to chapter 87 exclusive on patreon.
The Nuptials of Convenience up to chapter 45.
Vote, comment and share.