Chapter 7

***Follow me here and on Instagram support me guys***

Guys support me by following me. Most of my readers don't follow me. Please hit the follow button it means a lot it encourages me to write more.
Don't miss the important notice after the chapter.

I should not have come here in the first place. 

Warm tears started to fall from my eyes once I was in my car. I let my pain slide freely from my eyes. I still couldn't believe what happened there. How could he? My vision started to blur with even more tears. The more I thought about it, the more pain I felt in my heart. I sniffed and whipped my tears from the back of my hand. I so badly want to reach my home and curl into my bed. It took me thirty minutes to reach my apartment. In these thirty minutes, my tears never dried up. They kept continuously falling out of my eyes. I kicked my shoes and threw my bag on the floor and went straight to my room and slumped on my bed. I kept crying and crying. My pillow was soaked with tears. Word hurt was nothing in front of what I was feeling. So many unwanted things came into my mind. But I shut them all and closed my eyes. I wanted to stop my inner turmoil but I couldn't. I started to feel the same anxiety I felt at that time. I took deep breaths to calm myself. I did it until my eyes were heavy and my body crumbled under exhaustion. 

Bell rang but there was no sign of him. I had looked at the door for an uncountable time in the past ten minutes. I was continuously clicking on my click pen while biting my lower lip anxiously. I again looked at the door but someone else walked in. Maybe he is not coming to class today too. For the past two days, he has not been coming to school. I wonder where he is. It's none of your business Grace. Stop thinking about him. My inner voice mocked and then rolled her eyes. She was right. It's none of my business.  I exhaled while clicking the tip of my pen when the teacher walked in. The class had just started. 

"Next time be on time," the teacher said to someone. I lifted my eyes at the same time and for a brief second our eyes clashed with each other. Icy cold blue eyes stared deep down into mine. My heart started to beat fast and I found myself looking away. I again looked away first. He sat in the back where I couldn't see him. I tried to concentrate on the lecture but I felt his burning gaze on my back. I think I'm imagining things. He avoids me like a plague. I bet he doesn't even know my name. I did my best to concentrate on the lecture after a small pep talk. The class continued but I kept feeling his burning gaze on me. I was just being delusional. 

"Ok class, submit your assignment. Tomorrow is the last day," the teacher said and walked out of the class. I was putting my things in my bag when I saw him walking out of the class. I hurriedly stuffed everything in my bag. I decided to follow him again. I don't know what made me repeat my stupidity every day. I have been following him around for the past three weeks and to my luck, he has not caught me once. Thanks to my stalking skills. I never knew I had. I can be a good detective. What are you thinking, hurry? I zipped my back and pulled it to my shoulder. Even if I tried to deny it, something about him was pulling me towards him. 

"Where are you going in such a hurry," Evilyn asked me when she saw me rushing out. 

"I forgot to pick an important book from the library. Don't wait for me, you can head out first" I said and ran out of the classroom. I hope I have not lost him. He just took a turn from the end of the corridor. I spotted the corner of his bag or else I had lost him. I ran but when I got to the far end of the corridors he was nowhere to be found. Where did he go? My shoulders slumped and I exhaled in disappointment. How did he vanish just like that? I tried to find him but he was nowhere. I pulled my back on my shoulder and started to walk toward the playground. I didn't feel like going home. I never do. I walked towards it with slumped shoulders. I decided to complete my assignment here and then I will head home. I walked to the bench which was under the shed of a big tree. Winter winds made me shiver a bit. I took out my things and started to do my assignment. I was in the middle of it when I heard Xanthu's voice. 

"Erick, we are playing a friendly game after practice. Can you stay for it," Xanthus asked him when he saw him getting his bag. 

"No, I have to be somewhere. I will join you next time" he said in his rough voice and grabbed his bag. I was surprised to find him here. I thought he had already left. He was heading out of the school and it made me once again pack my things in haste. I don't know but something about him intrigued me. He is so mysterious and I have to solve this mystery. 

Didn't you want to stay away from this troublemaker? 

My inner voice mocked when I started to follow him once again. Yeah, I know I sound stupid. But sometimes I want to be stupid. Nothing great comes from being smart all the time. Instead, most of the time people think you are rude and obnoxious. Maybe in simple words, I have nothing better to do than follow him around and discover what he does. I have been friends with the Villain siblings for so long but I never knew they had a cousin. I'm curious about this mysterious cousin. I kept following him like a cat. I hid behind the things when I felt I was about to get caught. I was not even a bit concerned about the trouble I was about to get myself into.  

I kept willingly following the lion to his dent. 

Important Notice
Guys, now you can read all my books in book format on Patreon. It's now easy to navigate all the chapters on your fingertip. Join me on Patreon and get a bonus chapter every month. Read fast without waiting. I'm trying my best to make things easy.
Give it a try guys. Help me build a community of like-minded people who enjoy my writing. Support me in my creative journey.
_______________________________________
A/N
Hey guys update for you all.
Let me know your thoughts in the comment section.
Read up to chapter 63 exclusive on patreon.
The Nuptials of Convenience up to chapter 27.
Vote, comment and share.