Chapter 67

Before I could walk to him, he turned and started to walk away.

My brows furrowed, looking at his back. We had decided to meet after he was done with his practice. Then why was he going back to his car without meeting me? I was so excited to tell him what I had bought. Why is he going back like that? 

"Erick." I called his name and then ran to him because he was walking to his car with long strides. He didn't turn around and still kept walking away. I stood in front of the car door before he could open it. He looked at me with his cold blue eyes. 

"Where are you going?" I asked, still looking at me with a confused look on my face. His eyes moved to my cheeks, and then he averted them again. It confused me even more. 

"I came here to see you. Now that I have seen you, I am going back," he said, still looking away from my face. But it didn't look like what he was saying. I moved forward and hugged him. He looked sad. 

"Why are you leaving like that if you are here to see me? I was so excited to show you what I shopped," I said with pouty lips while wrapping my full hands around his torso. I was still holding the bags in my hands. He exhaled, and then I felt him wrapping his arms around me. 

"It's just that I missed you a lot, and I was waiting for you for an hour. I'm tired, so I was heading back," he gave me the reason. I looked up from his chest with wide eyes. 

"You have been waiting for me for an hour. Why didn't you call me?" I asked with a surprised look on my face. 

"I did, but you were not picking up the call," he said, looking down at me and then tugging my stray hair behind my ear. 

"It's dead," I said sheepishly while managing to pull out my cell phone from my jeans pocket with all those bags still in my hands. 

"Let's go inside," I said, pulling him towards my house, but he moved his head in even though no one was at home. Dad and Lily, with little Sophia, have gone to Lily's parents' house for the weekend. Lilly wanted me to go with them, but I refused. I don't want to disturb their family time. 

"Let's go to mine," he said, taking my bags from my hands. I nodded my head with a big smile on my face. His place felt more like a home than mine ever could be. I have spent most of my time with him since the summer vacation started. He was holding my bags, so I loosened the door. I entered the house first, and he followed me in. He kept the bags on the sofa, and I went into the kitchen to grab some water. He followed me and then wrapped his arms around me and buried his face in my neck. 

"I missed you so much," he whispered huskily while breathing loudly in my scent. He pressed his full lips on my neck, making goosebumps form on my skin. I kept the glass on the counter. 

"I missed you too," I said, wrapping my hands around his muscling arms. Every dress I bought made me think about him. I imagine how he would react to seeing me in that dress. Especially the bikinis. He picked me up in his arms as if I weighed nothing and carried me to his bedroom. I know I'm heavy, but he never made me feel like it. He put me on the bed and then hovered above me. I cupped his face and smiled, looking at him. He moved forward and connected our lips. I kissed him back with the same passion. His hands moved to my side, and then they slowly started to move inside my tank top. My body started to turn hot when his calloused fingers caressed my soft, sensitive skin. His blue eyes looked down at me as if asking for my permission. I nodded my head slowly with a shy smile on my face. I have never been so comfortable with anyone but him. His touch always made me feel special and wanted. I gasped when he groped my left breast over my bra. Taking advantage of my open mouth, he slipped his tongue inside, kissing me more roughly. I wrapped my hands around his neck while kissing him back with the same fervour. He kept fondling my breast as he kissed me. The way he was touching me evoked so many new feelings inside me. 

"I want you so bad, but I know you are not ready," he breathed huskily over my lips. I was a breathless mess when he rested his forehead over mine. His noses touch each other, and his lips hover above my swollen one. My heart jolted when he said that. I have not allowed him to do more than touch my breast, and he has never crossed the line. I know he wants to do more, and so do I, but I'm scared. I was scared to show him my not-so-perfect body. He was perfect in every way. What if he changes his mind after seeing my non-desirable body? That thought always puts my mind in distress. I wrapped my arms more firmly around him. He pressed wet, noisy kisses all over my face, making me laugh. He buried his face in my neck. His hand was still firmly placed on my breast, as if it belonged there. 

"What did you shop for?" he asked while still pressing and wet-kissing my neck. 

"I completely forgot about it," I said with wide eyes. He moved a little back so I could go get my bags. 

"I shopped for so many new dresses and tops," I said, coming back into the room with all my bags. I sat back on the bed, but he pulled me onto his lap. I started to show him the new dress. I told him about new fashion, and he listened to all my babbling with all his attention. I loved fashion so much. I read all the new fashion magazines Lily buys. I love to follow new trends. 

"What's in that bag?" he asked curiously, pointing to the bag that I had not dared to open. I bit my lower lip, and my face turned red. 

"It's nothing," I said, trying to brush it off. His gaze narrowed as if he knew I was lying. Before I could stop him, he grabbed the bag. I snatched it from his hand. 

"Tell me what it is," he asked curiously while trying to peek at what was inside. I was busy thinking about what to tell him when he snatched the bag and opened it. My face turned red when he pulled out the red bikini from it. His lips parted looking at it. My face became ten times red looking at that small piece of cloth in his hand. 

"Evelyn has a pool party tomorrow. You know she has invited you too. We went shopping. She made me buy it. She," I fumbled with my words while tugging my hair behind my ear. I couldn't look at him with my red face. He cupped my face, making me look at him. 

"Wear it," he said, looking straight into my eyes, making my heart skip a bit. 

"Huh." I stopped talking and looked at him with wide eyes. My heart started to beat wildly when he said that. I bit my lower lip. He pulled my swollen lower lip out of my teeth with his thumb. I could feel him taking deep breaths. 

"Show me how it looks on you, doll."

Guys if you want to keep reading this book for free follow me here and on Instagram.
_______________________________________
A/N
Hey guys update for you all.
Let me know your thoughts in the comment section.
Read up to chapter 117 exclusive on patreon.
The Nuptials of Convenience up to chapter 75.
Vote, comment, and share.