Chapter 68

"Show me how it looks on you, doll."

"No." That word left my mouth without even giving it a second thought. I lowered my eyes and looked away. My heart was beating fast. My face has turned ten-shade red even at the thought of wearing it in front of him. I was still not sure if I was going to wear it. I have bought sunsuits to be on the safe side if I change my mind. I was surprised that he wanted me to wear it and show it. I didn't know he would like to see my not-so-perfect body in a bikini. He grabbed my chin softly with his thumb and forefinger, making me look at him. My eyes met his warm blue once. I could see excitement and eagerness in them. 

"please doll. I want to see it," he requested with puppy eyes. He looked cute. He can convince me to murder someone with that look on his face. 

"No." I still refused to wear it in front of him. The eagerness in his eyes dimmed, and he looked away with pursed lips, which looked more like a pout. He kept looking out of the window with that look in his eyes. He looked mad. I bit on my lower lip. My heart was still beating fast behind my rib cage. I cupped his face and made him look at me. I pecked his purse's lips. He responded back, and it made my heart feel a little relieved. 

"I can wear my other dress for you if you want." I offered, and his eyes lit up again. That eagerness was back in those warm blue eyes. He nodded this time with a big smile on his face. I kissed his chin. 

"I will be back soon," I said, grabbing my bags and walking into the bathroom. I decided to wear the tank tops I have brought so I can remove my pants when I wear a sundress. He likes all my takeout. It made me feel proud of my selection. Now it was my turn to wear the sundress I had bought. I first wore my yellow hundreds with a v-neck. 

"How does it look?" I asked him. I twirled to show my scope again. I pulled my hair off my shoulder to show him. He was sitting at the edge, enjoying the mini-fashion show. He put his arm around me and pulled me to him when I was showing him the back. He hugged me from behind. 

"You look like a dazzling sunflower, doll," he said, pressing a kiss on my exposed back. 

"My dazzling sunflower," he mumbled, and rubbed the tip of his nose over my spine. I once again felt the goosebumps. I bit my lower lip when he did that. His words always warm my cold heart. 

"Erick, I have a few more dresses to show you," I said to her when he wouldn't let me out of his hold. He pressed one more wet kiss on my back before letting me go. For every dress I showed him, he camped me to a flower. I never knew he had a poetic bone in him. 

"This is the last dress," I said, and I walked out of the bathroom. It was my favourite dress from today's shopping. It was white in colour with a sequence work around its halter neck and full sleeves. It ended just above my knees. He kept looking at me with slightly parted lips when I walked out. My brows furrowed looking at that expression on his face. 

"You didn't like it," I asked, looking at his expressionless face. My face fell, and I bit on my lower lip in disappointment. 

"I liked this dress the most," I said with a slumping shoulder. I turned to go back to change when he caught my wrist and pulled me to him. It made me land straight on his lap. He buried his face in my chest. 

"You look so beautiful in this dress. Like a beautiful white rose. The most beautiful white rose in this world," he said huskily, and then pressed his lips on the exposed skin of my chest. 

"I want to hide you from everyone's eyes and keep you to myself," he said, pressing one more kiss on the junction of my neck and shoulder. My heart became warm again. I wrapped my arms around his neck and caressed his hair. Never has anyone said those words to me, nor has anyone shown me that kind of adoration. His words make my heart swell with hope. I still have a chance to get loved. I'm not alone; I have someone who cares for me and whom I can call mine. Tears started to form in my eyes, but I swallowed them. He hugged me even more tightly. We stayed in each other's embrace until both of our hearts were satisfied. 

"What do you want to eat? Do you want me to cook or order something?" he asked when my stomach grumbled. I was hungry again, even though I had eaten the food just an hour before. 

"I want pasta. Will you cook for me?" I asked with a small smile on my face. He is the best cook. I think cooking runs in their genes.

"Anything for my doll," he said, pecking my lips. He stood up with me still in his arms. I wrapped my legs around him and laughed when he did that. He carried me to the kitchen. He made me sit on the counter and started to take out all the ingredients he had for pasta. He brought the pasta to a boil and started preparing the white sauce. 

"Taste it," he said once he was done with the seasoning sauce. 

"Hmm, it's delicious." I sighed with a delighted look in my eyes. He smiled at me and went back to put boiled pasta in the sauce. That smile stayed on his lips, making me think. He was cooking for me happily even when I denied his request to wear the bikini. Instead of being mad, he was happy that I wore the rest of the dress to show him. He looked at me and raised his brow in question when he caught me staring at him. I moved my head in no time, and he went back to cooking with that smile still on his lips. I have seen him smiling a lot when he is with me. When we are in school, his emotions are always guarded, even when he is with his friends. Because he finds comfort in your presence. My inner voice answered my question. We are the missing pieces of each other's lives. We were both unaware of the fact that we were both complete when we were together. We have somehow found solace in each other. 

I don't know what will happen when we both realise it.

Guys if you want to keep reading this book for free follow me here and on Instagram.
_______________________________________
A/N
Hey guys update for you all.
Let me know your thoughts in the comment section.
Read up to chapter 117 exclusive on patreon.
The Nuptials of Convenience up to chapter 75.
Vote, comment, and share.

Bed of Nails जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें