Chapter 54

Tonight itself. 

"Grace'' Sabrina called my name when I ran out. I lifted my dress and ran out. I didn't know where I was going. Tears were running down my eyes. My step halted when I was in the garden. 

"Grace." She followed me to the garden. I whipped my face before facing her. Her light green eyes, like those of my father, moved all over my damp face. 

"Are you okay?" she asked me with a sad smile on her face. I didn't want to look more helpless. I nodded my head, even though I was feeling the opposite. She took my hand and then pulled me to the bench. 

"Come sit with me," she said, pulling me along with her. She didn't give me much of a choice. She wrapped her hands around me from the side. 

"Don't worry, I'm always going to be with you," she said while still hugging me. Tears slide down from my eyes, and a smile forms on my face. 

"I know," I whispered with a sad smile still on my lips. I put my hand on her. She has been my anchor on my very bad days. She continued to comfort me. We stayed like that for some time. 

"Come, let's go. They must be waiting for you," I said, and then I wiped my face with both my hands. She gave me a small nod. We both went inside. 

"Mom, can I stay with Grace tonight?" Sabrina asked with hopeful eyes. 

"Maybe next time," Lily said. Her eyes moved on my puffy face. I had to escape planes today, but it's not a problem. I can escape with my sister, too. I don't know how I'm going to do it, but I will try. 

"Please mom. See how sad Grace is. Let me stay. I will cheer her up." She said it pleadingly, making a puppy face at her mother. 

"Let her stay," it was my dad who allowed her. I was surprised that he was allowing his precious daughter to stay with me. 

"It's not a problem. She can stay with us for a night," Erick said next. Surprising me once again. I don't know what's going on in his head. 

Does he know I have plans to escape? 

"Ok then. I will send your clothes with the driver," Lily said with a smile on her face. 

"Don't trouble your sister," she said before leaving. I ignored Dad as Sabrina hugged him before he left. Lily hugged me before leaving. 

"I'm so excited to spend a night with you," Sabrina said with a big smile on her face. She had dimples like mine. 

"Let's go up," I said with a small smile on my face while taking Sabrina's hand. I asked Fergus, who was standing in the corner, to show us the guest room.

 "Madam, this is the guest room," he said, opening the door for us. It was far away from Erick's bedroom, and that was a good thing. I have to think of ways to escape from here. Sabrina was the first to walk inside the guest room. Wow, this room is so big!" she exclaimed, jumping on the bed. I smiled at her and then closed the door. I walked to the balcony to see if we could sneak out. Nope! It's too high for us. There was no way of getting out without a broken leg. 

"Grace, what are you doing outside here?'' Sabrina called me. I exhaled and walked inside. 

"Grace, we can watch your favourite movies all night and eat popcorn," she said, switching on the big television mounted to the wall. How should I tell her that we have to escape this hell hole? I was about to speak when there was a knock on the door. Sabrina jumped off the bed and sprinted to the door to open it. He was standing there. His eyes fell on me first when she opened the door. I averted my eyes, not wanting to look at him. 

"Erick!" Sabrina exclaimed. 

"We are going to watch a movie all night. Do you want to join us? '' she asked with the same excitement. I could feel his eyes on me. I didn't want him to join us. 

"Sure, why not?" he said the very next second. The situation is never in my favour. I bit my lower lip in annoyance. 

"Why don't you get to freshen up first? Then we can watch the movie together in the mini-theatre," he said with his cold blue eyes still lingering on me. 

"No, I want to snuggle with Grace," she said before closing the door. 

"We will all watch the movie together. I hope it will cheer you up." She walked to me and wrapped her hands around me. Only if she knew escaping this hell hole would cheer me up. The driver arrived after half an hour with Sabrina's clothes. Until then, I kept on listening to her endless stories. I told her to freshen up before leaving the room. I need to get out of these clothes. I need comfortable clothes if I want to escape. I went to his room because only there could I find something comfortable to change. He was not in the room when I opened the door. I grabbed sweatpants and a T-shirt. I decided to change them in the guest room. I wanted to get out of his room as soon as possible. I don't want to have any encounters with him. I was too pissed for it. I was on my way out when the door opened and he entered the room. Both of us are still finding each other in the room. My jaw clenched, and it was me who decided to walk away first. I averted my eyes. He grabbed my arm when I passed by him. I twisted my arm to get out of his hold, but instead of letting it go, he pulled me to him. My back clashed with his hard chest. He moved my hair to the other side, exposing my bare neck. My heart started to beat fast when his warm breath tickled my sensitive skin. I could feel his lips hovering on my skin. I closed my eyes for only a split second. I pushed him when there was a loud knock on the door. I opened the door to find Sabrina standing there. Fargus has shown her the room. 

"Are you re—?'' she asked me, but stopped when she saw I was still wearing the dress. 

"Let me change first, then we can watch the movie," I said to her, then walked to the guest room. I washed my face and then changed my clothes. I was still wearing that diamond necklace. I decided to give him back. I removed it and kept it safe in one of the drawers. Sabrina dragged me to bed as soon as I was out of the bathroom. She started to search for movies when he appeared. I didn't want to sit beside him, but I had no choice. Now we are sitting here watching Frozen because I let her choose the film. I was sitting in the middle. Should I escape once he falls asleep? I need to call a taxi. Will I get a taxi this late? Should I steal his car keys? No, I have to go to his room. I was thinking of ways to get out of here. But then the movie started to get interesting. Even though I have watched it hundreds of times, it still interests me every time. All thoughts of escaping left my mind. Olaf was helping Anna get out of the snow when I felt a hand on my thigh. I slapped it away, but it was back on my tights. 

"Let me watch the movie," I said in annoyance. An interesting part is about to start. The next thing I knew, I was pinned under him. He looked down at me with his cold blue eyes. He hovered above me with a smirk on his lip. My head started to beat fast. I moved my eyes to the side, only to find Sophia sleeping with popcorn still in her mouth. Traitor. How can she fall asleep when she promises to watch movies all night? His breath fanned into my cold ear.

"Do you want to get your punishment here or in our bedroom?" He whispered evilly in his dark voice and then nibbled on my earlobe. Goosebumps formed on my skin. A big lump formed at the base of my throat. I couldn't even scream. I bit my lower lip in dismay.

Here goes my plan of escape.

Guys if you want to keep reading this book for free follow me here and on Instagram.
_______________________________________
A/N
Hey guys update for you all.
Let me know your thoughts in the comment section.
Read up to chapter 111 exclusive on patreon.
The Nuptials of Convenience up to chapter 67.
Vote, comment, and share.