Chapter 26

So this is his very important meeting.

My whole body froze. I saw the naked back of a woman behind his desk, sitting on his lap. I couldn't see her face because her hair was covering it. My whole body started shaking with anger. My eyes sting, and my stomach crunches as if someone had punched me. They both indulged in sexual acts. I have been waiting for two hours like some mad woman, and he was busy having pleasures. I clenched my jaw in anger, and my fingers curled into fists. He looked up from the woman's neck to see the intruder. 

"Don't you have manners? Don't you know you can't barge into someone's office like that?" he said sternly. His icy-cold eyes looked straight at me with accusation. I swallowed the bitter lump forming in my body. "I have enough manners to not waste anyone else's precious time. I don't call my fuck buddies at my office when I have scheduled a meeting with someone. I respect their time as much as I do mine. I only do business with such people," I said, looking straight into his icy-cold eyes. I managed to say it without stuttering. My body was still shaking as if I were having a fever. My eyes, not even for a second, waved to that naked woman. I had enough. Saying that, I turned around and walked, not waiting for his reply. 

The receptionist stood beside the door with a shocked look in her eyes. I walked past her. I was stupid enough to come here. I should have known better that he just wanted to play around with me. My eyes sting, and my tears wanted to come out, but I kept controlling them. I won't cry. I will never cry for him. I had promised myself a long time ago that I would not break it. I furiously pressed the elevator button, but it was not coming. It was testing my patience too. I took a deep breath to swallow my anger. I just want to get out of here. Away from this building. Away from him. I pressed the elevator button, but it was still not coming. It was stuck on the seventh floor. I turned my head to find the stairs. I found the exit door beside the elevator. I didn't think much and opened the door. I will take the stairs instead of the elevator. I was still so furious. I started to climb down with burning anger. What does he think about himself? If it had been in my hands, I would have murdered him a long time ago. I had just climbed down the second last stair when my ankle twisted and my leg slipped. 

"Ahhh!" A yelp left my mouth, and I sat down on the floor with a twisted ankle. I felt a sharp pain travelling through my ankle. The door to the stairs was opened with a loud bang. Before I knew it, I found him in front of me. 

"Fuck," he cursed loudly, looking at my twisted ankle. It had started to swell up. 

"I thought you only didn't know how to keep your noses out of people's business. But you don't even know how to climb down the stairs," he said sternly, taunting me while looking at my ankle. Tears threatened to form in my eyes because of the sharp pain. I ignored him and tried to get up, but I felt a sting of pain again. 

"Don't move," he said in his mad voice, and then tried to touch my ankle. 

"Don't you dare touch me," I said in my venomous voice while slapping away his hands before he touched me. I will not let him touch me with the same hands with which he touched another woman. He glared at me when I did that. His icy-cold blue eyes became even colder, and his jaw clenched in anger. 

"Stop acting like a stubborn child. It needs to be treated immediately before it gets worse," he said in anger, and I once again ignore him. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath to bear the pain. My leg hurts even if I move it slightly. 

"Let me fucking see it. Hasn't your stubbornness cost you enough?" he said, trying to control his anger. He once again tried to examine my ankle. 

"I said don't you dare touch me. Stop showing your fake concerns. I don't need your help. Leave me alone just like you have done all these years," I said sternly, not letting him touch my feet. I just want him to get lost. I don't think I can walk on my own. I should call someone to help me. I started to search for my cell phone in my bag. 

"I had enough of your stubborn attitude," he said, and before I could stop him, he lifted me into his arms. 

"Let me down and get lost. I don't need your fake concern." I yelled and wiggled in his arm, but again I felt a sharp pain in my ankle. A whimper left my mouth, and I closed my eyes in discomfort. 

"Stop moving; you are hurting yourself more," he ordered, looking down at my face. I want to punch him for ordering me. He carried me to his office. It was the last place I wanted to be. I don't want to see that woman. 

"Let me down. I don't want to be here," I protested, but he ignored me and walked inside his office. To my surprise, that woman was nowhere to be found. Where did she go? The receptionist came running inside when she saw him carrying me into his office. 

"Bring an ice pad and get a painkiller," he ordered the poor woman. She ran out immediately to follow his order. He sat beside my feet and started to examine them. He carefully removed my heels, but I still winced in pain. I wanted to pull it out of his hold, but I knew even the slightest movement hurt so bad. The receptionist came back with an ice pad and a first-aid box. He took the ice pad and pressed it against my ankle. I hissed, feeling cold and pain together. 

"Sir, we have Tylenol and Advil," she said, showing the packets to him. Before I could say anything, he opened his mouth. 

"She is allergic to Tylenol. Give her Advil," he said, surprising me. He still remembers it. He continued pressing the ice pad against my swollen feet. The receptionist had the same surprised look on her face. She doesn't know that he knows me. She nodded her head and gave me Advil and a glass of water. 

"Thank you," I whispered before taking the medicine. He iced my swollen feet, and I decided to be quiet. I know he won't listen to me, even if I shout. Once he was done icing my feet, he sprayed the rally spray and then tied a crepe bandage around it. Pain has been reduced because of painkillers. Once he was done, I pulled my leg out of his hold. I winched a little when I did that. 

"You need to give it some rest," he said again, trying to control his anger. He glared at me, but I ignored him. I didn't even bother to say thank you to him. I grabbed my heels and started to limp out of his office. He tried to help, but I yanked my hand out of his hold as if it burned me. I stopped at the door and didn't even turn my head to look at him. 

"I never want to see you again", I said venomously, continuing to limp out of the office. Those words left a bitter taste in my mouth. The receptionist came running to me and helped me into the elevator. Thank God for this time. It came on time. A person was waiting for me, telling me he would drive me. I knew he must have sent him. 

Didn't I just tell him I didn't want his fake concerns? 

I refused him and decided to take a taxi because I can't drive. I will tell someone to pick up my car afterward. On my way back to the office, I was thinking about ways to tell my staff why we couldn't do this collaboration. I was getting stressed thinking about other excuses. I can't tell him we didn't have a meeting because he was busy fucking someone. Alice will be so disheartened because she made so much effort to make this work. I exhaled in dismay when I reached my office. I will convince them and use my savings to pay the fees of some celebrities for the fashion week. Everyone has so much hope for this collaboration. Everyone is rooting to get our men's collection launched as a super hit. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. I have to break their hearts. It won't be easy. 

"She is here," Alice said loudly in excitement. I walked more like I was limping inside. She came running to me and hugged me in excitement, making her brows furrowed in surprise. 

"You did it. We've got the collaboration," she said excitedly while breaking the hug. I looked at Aria with netted brows. 

"His secretary just emailed saying they accept the collaboration," Aria said, resolving my confusion and making my eyes widen in shock.

What the fuck didn't I just make it clear to him that I didn't want to see his face ever?

Guys if you want to keep reading this book for free follow me here and on Instagram.
_______________________________________
A/N
Hey guys update for you all.
Let me know your thoughts in the comment section.
Read up to chapter 87 exclusive on patreon.
The Nuptials of Convenience up to chapter 43.
Vote, comment and share.