Chapter 56

Perfect opportunity to escape the hellhole.

"Fergus, call a taxi. We will be leaving after breakfast," I said immediately, not wasting time. I want to grab this golden opportunity as soon as possible. I took a big bite of my toast. Suddenly, my mood became so good. That huge smile was still plastered on my face. 

"I'm sorry, ma'am, but Master Erick has given me strict instructions about not letting you out of the mansion in his absence," he said with no apologetic look on his expressionless face. My smile slipped off my face, and my brows furrowed in dismay. One second, I was feeling so happy like a free bird, and the next second, his words clipped my wings, making me fall flat on my face. Of course, he would have given him strict instructions to keep me caged in his absence. 

"But why has he given such instructions?" Sabrina asked after finishing her juice. Fergus looked at me when she questioned him. I kept quiet to let him explain why the devil wanted me to be here. Sabrina doesn't know how my relationship with Erick is behind closed doors. If it were in his hands, he would keep me caged in his room my entire life. He thought for a few minutes, and I kept enjoying his silence. He opened and closed his mouth several times. I bit on my inner cheeks, looking at how the muscles in his cheeks twitched. That bare minimum expression on his expressionless face amused me. 

"I'm sorry, but I don't know. I'm just following his command," he said after a few seconds. Sabrina was not satisfied with that answer, and I could tell it by looking at the scowl on her face. But she chose not to question him again. I have to escape before that devil comes back. He will be back soon, so I have very little time left on my hands. I have to come up with some plans as soon as possible. I was nibbling on the toast when an idea popped into my head. 

"Fergus, can you get me some fresh black coffee?" I asked him with a thigh smile on my lips. He gave me a firm nod before walking back to the kitchen.

"Sabrina," I called her in a hushed tone. She was busy scrolling through her cell phone. She looked up. 

"Call your driver and ask him to pick you up," I told her. As if she understood the assignment, she nodded her head. They will not let the taxi in, but they will let Sabrina's car in because it was here last night too. We can escape it, but then I have to think of ways. But first, I have to find my cell phone. I can't find my cell phone anywhere. I don't know where he has kept it. I need to find it before I escape. Fergus was back within a minute with my fresh coffee. 

"Thank you, but I don't like drinking it anymore," I said, standing up with a smile on my lips. I gestured for Sabrina to follow me. She immediately stood up and followed me. 

"How long will it take to be here?" I asked her when we were in the guest room. 

"He will be here in half an hour. But how are you going to escape from this house? Fergus has his hawk-like eyes fixed on you," she asked me. Her face morphed into concern. 

"I have half an hour to figure it out. But first, I need to find my cell phone. You stay here. I'm going to find my cell phone," I told her while grabbing her shoulder with both hands. She nodded at me. I decided to find my cell phone in his room first. But first, I opened the drawer and grabbed the necklace he gave me. I had no intention of keeping it whatsoever. I searched his room, but I couldn't find it anywhere. I decided to search in his office. Thank God it was adjoining the room. It made my task simple. I don't want to end up getting lost in this house. 

"Don't be locked. Don't be locked," I mumbled under my breath before twisting the knob. I heard a click, and my eyes lit up. I opened the door and started to search around. I had no time to waste. I found it after fifteen minutes. It was inside one of his drawers. It was locked, but I found the key in another drawer. I grabbed it and opened it. My cell phone was dead. I grabbed it and rushed out of his office before Fergus saw me and reported it to his master. Before getting out, I kept the necklace he gave me on his desk with a note saying you can wear it. I don't want anything from him. 

"I got it," I said as soon as I entered the room. Sabrina jolted up from the bed. 

"The car will be here in five minutes," she informed me. Shit. I have no time to think of our escape plan. The only way is to sneak out without getting caught by Fergus. 

"Get your bag. We are going to sneak out," I told her because we didn't have much time. Her eyes widened in excitement. She loves to sneak out. 

"He is here," she told me, and that was our cue. I grabbed her hand, and we walked to the main door. Keeping our one eye back so we don't get caught. 

"Are you both going somewhere?" Fergus asked when we were in front of the main door. My whole body went still. From where the hell did he pop up? I bit my lower lip in dismay. We turned around. I had a tight smile on my lips. 

"I knew something was off when the guard informed me that Miss Sabrina's car was hers to pick her up," he said with a raised eyebrow. 

Fuck! 

"We are going to the hospital," was the first thing that came to mind. 

"Hospital, why?" he asked with no expression on his face. He refused to buy my excuse. 

"Because Sabrina is allergic to citrus juice," I said, and it made Sabrina groan in pain. She clenched her stomach and started to moan in pain. 

"What!" he exclaimed in surprise, looking at Sabrina, who was groaning in pain. 

"There is no need to go to the hospital. I will call the doctor," he said, looking at Sabrina. 

"She can't handle the pain. It will be better if we go to the hospital instead of waiting for the doctor," I said in panic, supporting my water, who was acting as if she would faint anytime. 

"But I can't let you out,'' he said, looking at both of us, and the facade of his expressionless face started to fall. He looked concerned now. 

"What do you want me to die for?" Sabrina said it with a loud groan. 

"If something happens to my precious sister, it will be on you. You were the one who served her the juice," I said, pointing a finger at him to scare him. 

"But I gave her apple juice," he said with a distressed look on his face. 

"What! Sabrina is allergic to apples too," I said loudly and more dramatically when he said that. 

"Ouch! I can't take this pain anymore. Tell Mom and Dad I loved them." Sabrina groaned with fake tears in her eyes. 

"No! I won't let anything happen to you," he said, dramatically matching my sister. 

"Oh god, let's get you to the hospital," Fergus said, and I didn't waste time. We were out of the house and in the car in a split second. 

"I will accompany both of you to the hospital," Fergus said, trying to get in the car. 

"No, I will handle it. You stay here. What if Erick comes and he doesn't find us here? You need to tell him what's happening here," I told him while grabbing the door. Even before he could respond, I closed the door and asked the driver to drive. Sabrina kept groaning until we were out of the gates. 

"Which hospital?" The driver asked with a concerned look on his face. We both started laughing when we were out of the gates. The driver looked at us as if we had gone nuts. It made us laugh even louder. 

"It was so much fun. Did you see Fergus' face? It was so much fun," Sabrina said with tears in her eyes. 

"He looked scared," I said, laughing. I am laughing this much after so long. 

Finally, I was out of that hellhole. 

Finally, I was out of his grip. 

I'm going to enjoy my freedom as much as I can.

Guys if you want to keep reading this book for free follow me here and on Instagram.
_______________________________________
A/N
Hey guys update for you all.
Let me know your thoughts in the comment section.
Read up to chapter 111 exclusive on patreon.
The Nuptials of Convenience up to chapter 67.
Vote, comment, and share.