Chapter 16

"Don't you think I deserve a reward for saving you from the snake?" 

"Reward," I whispered timidly. A big lump formed at the base of my throat when he said that. Rewad!  What kind of reward does he want from me? I don't have anything to give him. 

"Yes, a reward," he said huskily while putting his hands on my waist and pulling me to him. I gasped at his sudden action. I placed my hands on his chest to create some distance between us. My skirt has raised my thighs. My thick thighs were on display. I want to pull my skirt down, but if I move my hands away from his chest, our chests will touch each other. I have never been this close to any man before. I know I'm not a lightweight. Before he pushed me down, I should get out of his lap. I started to feel self-conscious. 

"Thank you is the only thing I can give you as a reward," I said sarcastically while trying to get out of his lap. He stopped me, but I still tried to get out of his lap. 

"Don't move too much if you don't want to get into trouble," he said in a firm tone. My body went still at his warning. I swallowed hard, looking at the icy look on his face. My heart started to throb loudly. I lowered my eyes, feeling his intense, icy gaze on me. He took a deep breath, as if to calm himself down. 

"Look at me," he said in his calm voice. I lifted my eyes slowly to look at him. He lifted his hands and tucked my hair gently behind my ear. He moved forward and kissed my cheeks. I closed my eyes tightly and curled my fingers on his chest. I felt tingles on my skin where his lips touched my cheeks. He didn't stop after that. He pressed another kiss on my jaw and then on my neck. Goosebumps formed on my skin when he kissed my neck. 

"W–what are you doing?" I stuttered timidly when I felt his hands moving on my thighs. His small movement was setting my body on fire. 

"What do you think?" he whispered to me while his face was still in the crook of my neck. He took a deep breath and then exhaled, letting his warm breath tickle my skin. 

"I'm collecting my reward," he said huskily, and the tension in the air increased tenfold. I draw deep breaths, feeling the weight of his words. He said that he opened his mouth and sucked on my neck and that his fingers dug into my thighs. My breath became heavy when he sucked on my throbbing nerve. That sensation was so foreign to me. This feeling was so new. 

I was being touched by a man for the first time. My heart beat even more loudly when he said that. I understood what he wanted as a reward. His rough hands rose to the hem of my skirt, and it made shivers run down my spine. His actions awakened new emotions in me, but they came along with new fears. His mouth moved forward and kissed my collarbone, making a shiver run down my spine. My heart was beating loudly in my chest. Why was he doing this to me, and why was I letting him do it to me? I don't even know this guy properly, and I'm letting him kiss my body with his sinful lips. He let his hands roam on my body as if they belonged there. I was behaving like a stupid teenager, which I never wanted to be. 

I'm sure he thinks you are easy. That's why he is doing this to you. Of course, fat teenagers are always easy targets for bad boys. They are desperate for attention. My inner voice mocked me. I found myself in a spot where I never wanted to be. I was acting so out of my mind. Something snapped inside me, and tears started to form in my eyes. Before he could process anything, I pushed him away from me. A growl of protest left his mouth when I did that. 

"Stop it," I said, looking straight into his hooded eyes. 

"Even if you think I'm an easy target, I'm not," I said in my firm yet shaky voice. A single tear slid down my cheeks. My insecurities were bigger than what his actions made me feel. I dashed out of the car and didn't turn back even once to look at him. I hid behind a big tree that was not far from the house. I placed my back on a big tree trunk, which was big enough to hide my big frame. I closed my eyes and took a deep, ragged breath. Tears now freely start to fall from my eyes. I wrapped my hands around my body and rubbed my arms. It felt like his calloused fingers were still touching me. I kept taking deep breaths to calm myself. I wiped all the tears from my face once I calmed down. I walked back to the house. The party was still so lively. I moved past the dancing drunk bodies. I found Evelyn in a corner talking with a few people. 

"Where were you?" Evelyn said when she saw me. I took a deep breath before opening my mouth. 

"I want to go back," I said, not answering her question. 

"Why are you not feeling good?" she asked with furrowed brows. I nodded my head. She understood that I was not in a good mood from my face.  We left shortly and went to her house. She tried to ask me the reason behind my bad mood, but I said that I was not feeling well. She didn't question me after that. The entire night I could sleep. I kept tossing and turning in my bed with open eyes because as soon as I closed my eyes, I saw him and the things he was doing to me. Even though I had taken a bath and scrubbed my body, I still felt like his hands were hovering over my body, and if I fell asleep, they would move all over me once again. The next day was Sunday, and I had somehow calmed myself. I managed to get a few hours of sleep when I went back home. I was busy playing ball with little Sabrina when my cell phone started to ring. It was none other than Isabella the Great. 

"Grace came home. Grandma has made her famous pie," she said even before I could say hello. 

"She has asked me to invite you, so come fast, and I need your help. Bye, she is calling me," she said in a hurry and cut the call even before I could ask her anything. I looked at the blank screen of my cell phone. Grandma only bakes her famous pie on birthdays. I tried to remember whose birthday it is today, but no name popped into my head. 

Whose birthday is today? 

Guys if you want to keep reading this book for free follow me here and on Instagram.
_______________________________________
A/N
Hey guys update for you all.
Let me know your thoughts in the comment section.
Read up to chapter 75 exclusive on patreon.
The Nuptials of Convenience up to chapter 30.
Vote, comment and share.