Chapter 11

Guys if you want to keep reading this book for free follow me here and on Instagram.

"What are you both doing here?"

"We are here to have breakfast with you," Sabrina said while getting down on her feet. 

"Breakfast?" I asked in confusion while looking at both of them. Lilly walked in with a brown bag in her hand and closed the door. 

"Yes, we thought it was a lovely Sunday morning. So we should have breakfast together," she said while walking to my kitchen and keeping the brown bag on the counter. I kept looking at him with knitted brows. The sweet aroma of croissants and coffee made my stomach grumble. 

"Why are you still standing there?

Come here, the coffee's getting cold," Sabrina said while taking out plates from the carbonate. I exhaled audibly. My head was still throbbing. A little coffee would help me. She places two croissants onto a plate and slides it to me. 

"It's a hot cocoa coffee," Sabrina said after removing it from the brown bag. The sweet aroma again made my stomach grumble. We all started eating. I moaned at the first bite. It tasted so good. 

"It's from your favourite bakery," Lilly said while sipping on her coffee. 

"They are so good," I said while taking a huge bite of them. Sabrina giggled when I did that. A smile formed on my lips. We had breakfast together. Once we were done, Sabrina collected the plates to wash. 

"Rina, you don't have to do it." Leave them in the sink. I will do them later," I said to her while sipping my coffee. 

"Let her do it." "She needs to learn a little bit of household work," Lilly said while collecting the grocery bags. She threw the brown bag in the trash can and started to collect my scattered things in the living room. 

"Lilly, you don't have to clean my house every time you are here," I said, and I walked to collect the mess I had created. 

"I don't, I'm just keeping things properly in their place," she said, making me chuckle in disbelief. 

"That is what is called cleaning," I said while moving my head in amusement. I collected the clothes I threw on my couch. It's my routine to make a mess the entire week and clean the house on Sundays. Sabrina laughed when I said that. 

"There is not much to do. Why don't you go and rest?" she said while taking the clothes from my hands. 

"Yes, you look tired from working hard for the whole week. I will help mom," Sabrina said while pushing me toward the bedroom. I sigh in defeat because I know this mother-daughter duo won't listen to me. Even if I protest, they will do what they want. I decided to sleep for some time. I could still feel the dull throbbing in my head. Maybe a good few hours of sleep will make it go away. Sabrina only walked out of the room after tucking me in bed. It didn't take me long to fall asleep. I dozed off in a few minutes. The next time I opened my eyes, I detected a delicious aroma. I raised my hands and stretched my body. I had a good sleep. Sabrina was sleeping beside me with her mouth ajar a little. I smiled at her. I covered her and walked to the kitchen. Lilly was cooking food. 

"It smells delicious," I said while opening the lids of the pots. 

"Food is almost ready," she said with a warm smile on her face. 

"Do you need any help?" I asked her even though everything was already done. 

"Just take out plates and water bottles. I will go and wake up Sabrina," she said, and I nodded. I took out plates for us and then got some bottles of water from the fridge. We eat our lunch together. 

"Mom, the food is so good. You should cook more meals at home. You only cook when we are here," Sabrina said with a cute pout. I smiled at her. 

"Because we have a cook and I'm often busy with charity work, but still, I will try for you," she said, making Sabrina smile. It was not hard to impress Sabrina. She finds happiness in small things. Lilly is a social worker, and she works with NGOs. She is a busy person too, but wherever she comes here, she cooks for us. I have told her many times that we can order takeout or go out to eat, but she will always say she loves to cook for me. So I stopped saying it. 

"Lilly, this chicken stew is the best," I said while taking one more serving. Today is Sunday, so it is a holiday for my diet too. 

"I have packed a little potion and left it in the refrigerator. You can have it for dinner too," she said while putting vegetable rice on my plate. I thanked her. Once we were done with the lunch I did the dishes.  Rina helped me by putting them in the cabinets. Then I made coffee for us. 

"Coffee is here," I said, giving them their mugs. Sabrina got a call, and she walked away with her coffee to the balcony. I took a sip of my coffee. It made me feel good. 

"Grace," Lilly said my name softly, making me look at her while taking another sip of my coffee. I hummed, asking her to continue. 

"I know you are mad at your father. That dinner was not supposed to be like that, but you know your father," she said, and I had an idea now in which direction this conversation was going. I stayed quiet. 

"He has always been so straightforward with his words, and many times he has ended up in the wrong spot for it," she continued, explaining the reasons behind her husband's behaviour. Tears started to form in my eyes thinking about that day. 

"He wants to trade my life for a deal. My life is just a deal for him," I said while looking at her with glassy eyes. I did my best to hold back my tears. 

"It's not like that, Grace. He is your father, and he loves you more than anything in this world," she said softly while covering my hand with hers. I scoffed when she said that. He never loved me, nor will he ever love me. 

"He never loved me. If he had, he would have asked for my option before making a deal out of my life with none other than Eric Villain," I said bitterly, clenching my jaw in anger. 

"He has his reason," she said, with a small smile on her lips. 

"What reason does he have to choose Eric from all the people in the world?" I scoffed again bitterly while pulling my hand out of her. My blood boiled at his name. Suddenly I remembered my encounter with him. I still have no idea how I ended up at his place, and now, frankly, I don't want to know. The more I thought about it, the more it made me remember that I slept the entire night in his arms. 

"I didn't want to tell you, but I think you need to know it. I don't want you to think your dad is doing it for himself," she said, looking straight into my eyes. I don't know why my heart was beating so fast when she said that. 

"Your dad's business is not doing so well, and the only person who has stood up to help him is Erick, but only on one condition. He will be the fifty-person owner of all our assets and businesses, including your business too," she said. I was shocked to hear it. I didn't know dad's company was in crisis. It will affect me too if it goes down. My fashion line is a sister company of my dad's company. It initially started with funding that came from my mother's share, which was not mine at that time. I started my company from scratch, but it comes under my dad's company on paper. If he goes down, so will my company. 

"He is ready to give his share to him, but he refused to give your company to him. Erick wanted to break the deal, so your dad suggested marriage instead of your company," she said, looking straight into my eyes. I didn't know what to say. 

"For him, it's the only way to save your business, which you built with so much effort," she said with a faint smile on her face. I just could not think of anything when she told me this. A shiver ran down my body even at the thought of giving my dream to someone just like that. I will never give him my company. 

I can never let that happen, not even in my wildest dream. 

If you want to keep reading this book for free then follow me here and on Instagram @dragonblue366.
_______________________________________
A/N
Hey guys update for you all.
Let me know your thoughts in the comment section.
Read up to chapter 67 exclusive on patreon.
The Nuptials of Convenience up to chapter 28.
Vote, comment and share.