Chapter 59

Why does everything look so suspicious?

Isabela came after some time. We left the restaurant once she was done eating her food. I didn't feel like going home soon.

We decided to do some shopping first and then go to the spa before heading home. My cell phone keeps vibrating every five minutes, but I ignore it. I know he is calling me. He did what he wanted. Now I will do what I want. 

"Let's go to the Big City mall. I'm excited to see your new collection," she said while interfacing her arm with mine. 

"Yes, let's go. I need to check a few more things there." I smiled at her with the same excitement. We both went to the city mall and then checked out my new collection. Isabel bought the pieces she liked, and we did buy clothes from another brand too. She wanted to buy some innerwear, so we went to the Victory Secret. I bought a few things with her. There are a few backless and strapless bras with matching sets. Then we both went to our favourite spa. We come here every month, but we have been busy for a few months, so we didn't get time. 

"It's so relaxing," I said when the masseuse massaged my neck and shoulder. 

"Yeah, I was thinking of going to the chiropractor. My whole body was stiff like a pole, but I can do a few movements," she said, enjoying it. She groaned when the masseuse broke the knot in her back. When we were done, I was feeling so relaxed and refreshed. It finally felt like I was in heaven. We even had dinner outside because I didn't want to cook anything. The only thing I wanted to do once I reached home was sleep. My body was eager to meet my soft bed. We hugged each other before we left. I was so tired. I have not slept properly in the past few days. I checked my cell phone. I had fifty-plus calls from him and two hundred-plus messages from him. I cleared my notification feed and threw my cell phone on the seat beside me. I revised my car and took it out of the parking lot. It took me half an hour to get home. Thank God there was no traffic, or else I would have been stuck for more than half an hour. I parked my car and grabbed my back from the back seat. I was so tired. I just wanted to sleep. I opened the door and walked in. I moved my hand and switched on the lights. I walked into the hall only to gasp loudly. Bags fell out of my hand, and I covered my mouth before a scream left my mouth. He was sitting in my hall on my couch with a glass of liquid in his hands. My whisky! Was he sitting in darkness the entire time? He lifted his icy, cold blue eyes from the glass to look at me. The little hair on my skin rose when he looked at me. What is he doing here, and how the hell did he enter my apartment? My heart started to beat fast. 

"What are you doing here?" I asked firmly after swallowing my fear. He didn't reply to me; instead, his eyes moved back to the glass in his hand. He eyed it for a few seconds before gulping it in one go. He didn't even flinch at its bitter burning sensation. 

"How did you enter my house? This is trespassing," I said in the same tone, but he once again ignored me. He still didn't look at me and once again filled his glass. If he wants to drink, he can go to his mansion and drink from his huge bar. 

"Get out of my place before I call the cops," I said firmly when he didn't answer my question. This time, he looked straight into my eyes and gulped the brown liquid in one go. A chill passed down my spine when he did that. He kept the glass on the table and stood up. His icy blue eyes moved all over my frame, making my heart beat even faster. He started to take slow and steady, threatening steps towards me. He was walking towards me as if a lion had walked to his prey before attacking it. A big lump formed at the base of my throat. My legs started to move back on their own. My back touched the wall. I had no space to step back. Now he was standing in front of me. He has still not uttered a word. This growing silence between us was adding more tension to the air. I could see a storm in those icy blue eyes. The storm was capable of destroying my life. I had enough. I took out my cell phone from my back pocket to call the cops. I dialled the number, but before I could call, my cell phone was snatched from my hand, and the next thing I knew, I heard the loud glass-shattering sound. My eyes widen when I look at my broken cell phone. I looked at him in disbelief. 

"Why the fuck did you do that?" I yelled this time. My green eyes shot daggers at him. He lifted his hand and placed it above my head. He brought his face to my level while exhaling loudly. The way his icy blue eyes looked into mine made me want to skin the wall. Our faces were only a few inches away from each other. 

"It was useless anyway. Don't you agree?" He mocked me in a chilling voice, making me even more angry and scared at the same time. He broke it because I didn't pick up his call or reply to his message. My fingers curled on my sides. His warm breath fanned my face, making goosebumps form all over my body. 

"So who were you going to call?" he mocked while raising his one eyebrow in question, looking straight into my eyes. I swallowed hard, averting my eyes from my broken cell phone. His jaw was clenched in anger. I realised at this moment that I had made a big mistake by not picking up his calls or replying to his message. He looked beyond mad. 

I didn't know the freedom I was enjoying would last for only a day.

Guys if you want to keep reading this book for free follow me here and on Instagram.
_______________________________________
A/N
Hey guys update for you all.
Let me know your thoughts in the comment section.
Read up to chapter 113 exclusive on patreon.
The Nuptials of Convenience up to chapter 71.
Vote, comment, and share.