Chapter 21

"What the fuck are you doing here?"

He asked in a stern voice, sending shivers down my spine. Nothing came out of my mouth. 

"I'm fucking asking you something; answer me!" he yelled, making me flinch in my place once again. 

"Answer me, why did you follow me here to this unknown place?" he yelled again in his mad voice. 

"Do you even have the slightest idea what kind of people are here? What if something had happened to you?" he said, banging his fist on the locker. The old metal locker vibrates and makes a cracking sound because of impact. I have never seen him angry like this. Tears started to run freely from my eyes. He is so mad at me. I was already shaken from seeing him fight like a madman, and now he was yelling at me. I should not have followed him blindly here. I tried to suppress my wail, but it left my mouth. His jaw clenched more when he saw me crying. He banged his fist once again on the locker and pushed himself away from me. He looked up, taking a deep breath to calm himself. Both hands were on his hips as if trying his best to not break anything. I looked down and let my tears run freely from my eyes. I sobbed in silence at my stupidity. 

"Fuck," he cursed loudly before pulling me to him. I cried even more loudly when he embraced me in his arms. I wrapped my arms around him and wailed like a child. I was scared and I was scared to admit it. He moved his hands in my hair, and I held him tightly. He lifted me and carried me to the nearby bench. I was cradling his lap with his hand securing me to his chest. He moved his hand in my hair, letting me cry. 

"I'm sorry," I said, my face hiding in the crook of his neck. He was half-naked, but it didn't bother me. He cupped my face and made me look at him. He wiped my face with his thumb. 

"You should not have followed me here,'' he said this time in a controlled voice. Trying his best to control his anger. 

"I thought you were in trouble," I hiccupped while saying. His cold eyes widened slightly when I said that. It was only for seconds but he immediately masked his surprise. 

"Never put yourself in danger for me," he said sternly. "Understood," he said in the same voice, sending shivers down my spine. It sounded more like a warning. I slowly nodded my head. 

"You are bleeding," I said, looking at the clotting blood on the corner of his lip and eyebrow. I pulled out some tissue from my pocket and wiped the blood gently. He didn't even wince when I wiped the dried blood. I was happy that he didn't stop me. His keen, cold eyes kept looking down at me. His gaze made me feel so anxious. He had bruises on his body too. 

"We should go to the doctor", I said in concern, looking at the bruises on his chest. 

"No, it's not needed. They will heal in a few days." He dismissed my suggestion. I looked at him with furrowed brows. 

"Let's get you out of here," he said in a firm tone, making me move away from his lap. He stood up and opened his locker. He pulled out a t-shirt for himself and then made me wear his hoodie, which covered my legs until my mid-thighs. It was longer than my school skirt. It was too big for me. He covered my head with the hoodie. 

"Let's go," he said once I put on my backpack. He held my hand in a tight grip, and we walked out of the locker room. A few people stopped him on our way out, asking where he was going. He told them he wouldn't fight today. That man's gaze moved to me and Erick pulled me more to his side with his protective hand around me. We walked out of the place. The taxi driver was still waiting for me outside. 

"Thank God you're safe. I was about to call Cobs," he said in relief as soon as he saw me. Erick glared at me when he said that. I bit my lower lip sheepishly. Erick gave him the address when we both sat inside. He pulled me to his chest with his hand on my shoulder. Without thinking much, I wrapped my hands around his torso and rested my head on his shoulder. Taxi driver looked at us from the rearview mirror and moved his head in amusement. My face turned a little red. I didn't want to go home, but I had no choice. It was getting late. The taxi stopped in front of the gate to my house. I didn't want to get down. I kept playing with my fidgeting fingers when I remembered an important thing. The reason I followed him in the first place. I stopped and pulled my bag in front. I took the paper bag out of it. 

"Your gift," I said while showing him the bag. He raised his eyebrows. He sighed and took it. He didn't say anything. A smile formed on my lips because he didn't refuse to take it. His blue eyes moved all over my face. He lifted his hand and tucked my hair behind my ear, which was sticking out of the hoodie. His eyes lingered on my smiling lips more than needed. 

"Go now," he said, looking straight into my eyes. It managed to send a shiver down my spine. But I didn't want to get out of the taxi. I looked at my house, where no one was waiting for me, and then looked back at my lap. I don't want to leave. His brows furrowed when I made no effort to get down. I looked at him and whispered the words so only he could hear them. His body went stiff when I said the words loudly.

"I don't want to go home."

Guys if you want to keep reading this book for free follow me here and on Instagram.
_______________________________________
A/N
Hey guys update for you all.
Let me know your thoughts in the comment section.
Read up to chapter 78 exclusive on patreon.
The Nuptials of Convenience up to chapter 41.
Vote, comment and share.