Chapter 2

Guys support my creative journey by Following me on Instagram and on Wattpad.

***Guys read important notice down***
That was the day I met the love of my life.

"Hey, here is your sandwich and your favourite pineapple juice," Evelyn said while walking into my office. Her voice brought me back to the present. I opened my eyes to find her walking into the office with a sandwich in one hand and pineapple juice in the other. She kept them in front of me.

"Thank you," I said with a smile. I stretch a bit, letting my stiff muscles relax. I have been sitting here since morning.

"Eat it and take a small walk. You have been sitting here since morning," she said, and I nodded. I grabbed the sandwich. My stomach grumbled, telling me how hungry it was. I didn't have time for breakfast, so I ended up drinking some coffee on my way to the office. The delicious aroma of the sauce made my mouth water. I tore the wrapper and took the first bite. A moan left my mouth, and a little bit of sauce spread on my fingers and the corner of my lips. I licked my fingers and continued eating it. I was done now and sipping on my pineapple juice when my cell phone rang. My brows furrowed when I saw my cell phone screen flashing "Dad" on it. I wiped my hands and slid the call button. Dad hates when I don't pick up the calls soon. I was a boy to talk to, but he cut me.

"Come home tomorrow for dinner," he said in his stern tone as soon as I picked up the call. He didn't even wait for my reply before he hung up. I sigh, looking at my cell phone screen. There was no warmth in his voice. I am used to it now. I placed my cell phone back and went back to doing my designs.

"Why does dad want me to come for dinner?" I mumbled under my breath while glaring at my design with furrowed brows. The last time I had dinner with my family was on Christmas Eve. Yeah, I don't go home that much. I distanced myself once I went to college. It was the best and most-needed decision of my life. Things are complicated. I don't want to talk about that now. I once again engulfed myself in my work. I was almost done with my designs when there was another knock on my office door.

"Come in," I said without lifting my eyes. My eyes were glued to my design. It's a habit now.

"Here is the final list of models you asked for," Evelyn said, putting pictures on my desk.

"Are designs ready?" she asked while trying to peek into my sketchbook.

"Yeah, almost," I said, still not looking at her. It's very easy for me to get distracted.

"Done," I said when it was done with the final touch.

"Tell me how they are," I said, and she leaned to take a look at my book.

"Hmm," she hummed while turning pages. I bit my lip, waiting for her views while she examined the sketches with keen eyes. After what felt like an eternity, she looked at me.

"They are very good, Grace," she praised me, making a huge smile form on my face.

"Our models will look best in these designs," she said, closing the book.

"I think we should ask our team too. If they like it or not, then we can start the material selection," I said, and she nodded her head, licking the idea. We discussed the details for the next hour before calling it a day. Evelyn left first because I still needed to sort out a few things in my design. It was dark outside when I was done with my work. Everyone had already left, so I switched off the lights and locked the doors of my small design firm. I wished goodnight to the guard and drove to my apartment. I own a small, cosy apartment. It's my comfy place. After getting into my apartment, I kicked off my heels and walked to the kitchen. I placed my back on the kitchen counter. I called to my refrigerator and grabbed a bottle of water and my leftover salad. My days are very busy because of the coming fashion week. I don't have time for anything else. I ate my food and went directly to my room after washing the dishes. I changed and slumped into bed with an empty stomach. I was too exhausted to even check my cell phone. I closed my eyes and let my exhaustion take over.

The school bell rang, and everyone started to come into the classroom. Today I was again busy with new notes. But this is for me. Exams are coming, and I need to prepare my notes for studying. I have to maintain my first position. Dad won't be happy if he sees my grades slipping. Like every year, I will be the only one to get that position. I have always been a top student. Xanthus always tries to do his best, but he always ends up studying his recipe books more than his textbooks.

"Lily, why don't you sit somewhere else?" I heard two girls sitting in front of me talking.

"Why?" She asked her friend, whose name I think is Aria. "Maybe he will sit beside me if it's empty? Aria said it in her dreamy voice.

"Why don't you sit somewhere else?" Lily asked, not wanting to lose her chance to sit beside the new boy.

"No, I'm sure he wanted to talk to me yesterday. That's why he sat beside her. I don't think there is any other reason why he chooses to sit beside her," Aria said in her not-so-hushed tone. I'm sure she must be pointing at me. I just rolled my eyes. For them, I'm an ugly geek who is known for getting only the top rank in school.

"You think so?" her friend asked excitedly. I ignored them. In the end, Lily moved to a different seat, vacating it for Aria's boyfriend. I just wish whatever she was saying was true, and he sits beside her. I barely survived yesterday, and I don't think I can do it again. I had held my breath the entire time he was sitting beside me. I just kept looking at my books and the blackboard in front of me. I don't want it to repeat. I just wish he sat beside Aria. I was lost in my thoughts when I felt someone take the seat beside me, which made me look in that direction. Light green eyes clash with icy blue ones. My breath got stuck, and my eyes widened in shock. The air around me became thick with his manly scent. My eyes moved all over his face. The bruise he had on his lips and cheeks was holding, but there was another fresh cut on his lower lip. I found myself looking at his red lips. Aria gasped in horror, and it pulled me out of my shock. I immediately looked away. My throat went dry, and I found it hard to swallow. I bit my inner cheeks in dismay. He caught me staring at him.

Why the hell is he sitting beside me again?

"So students, let's start the class," our class teacher said as soon as she walked in. Everyone was looking at the teacher, but his icy gaze was still fixed on my face. My heart started to pound loudly, and my fingers curled on the corners of my books.

I only wish I could survive today too.

Important notice.
Now you can read book on patreon in a book format. No need to find all the chapter by name. After subscribing go in collection and you will find all the chapter in particular book collection. It has become more easy to find your favorite book. What are you waiting for go subscribe now.
_______________________________________
A/N
Hey guys first chapter for you all.
Are you excited for this story because I am?
Let me know your thoughts in the comment section.
Ready up to chapter 51 exclusive on patreon.
The Nuptials of Convenience up to chapter 14.
Follow me on Instagram and on Wattpad. You can support me this way please do follow me.
Vote, comment and share.