Chapter 44

Especially for me.

"Why do both of you look so surprised?" he said, wanting to sound innocent. "Don't tell me she has not told you yet," he said with raised brows, again acting to look innocent, as if he didn't tell them it on purpose. I kept looking at him in disbelief. 

"Did I ruin your surprise?" he said innocently, looking down at me. I could see the evil smirk he was hiding from them. My jaw clenched looking at this drama queen. I wanted to punch him, but he was holding me too tightly. 

"I'm sorry for ruining your surprise," he said with a fake apology. Aria and Evlyn kept looking at the drama unfolding in front of their eyes. "I think I need to apologise better when we are alone. We should take our leave now. Excuse us," he said like a gentleman with a smirk on the corner of his lips. Gentleman, my foot He is no gentleman. I looked at my friends in helplessness, but their disappointment-filled eyes made me lower my eyes. I was guilty because I didn't tell them sooner. I never wanted them to find out like that. Not from him. He said he turned around, taking me with him. I could still feel their disappointing gaze on my back. I wanted to cry, but I swallowed my tears. Thank God that my employees were not around. I didn't want office drama and gossip. But there were still lots of people, and they were looking our way. It was the only reason I was keeping myself from slapping him. I turned my head and looked back at my friends for the last time before entering the elevator. They still have that disappointed look in their eyes. It breaks my heart to see them looking at me like that. That betrayal in their eyes makes me feel even more guilty. How should I explain to them how much it's hurting me to see that look in their eyes? I kept looking at them until I walked into the elevator. Once the door closed, I pulled myself out of his hold. I peeled his arm away from my back. It was not easy, but I succeeded. He had an amused, evil smirk on his lips, looking at my struggle. I pushed him away from me with both my hands on his chest. It only made him take a step back. 

"How dare you? Why did you tell them that?" I demanded an answer even though I knew it. I wanted to hear it to hate him more. 

"Don't you think I made this simple for you?" he said with a smirk on his face. 

"I wanted to make things less difficult for you," he said with a smirk, as if he were my saver. My foot! His answer increased the temperature of my already boring blood. He said that he took a step forward to stand in front of me. He lifted his hand and tucked my stray hair behind my ear, but I slapped his hand away. 

"Don't touch me. Ever!" I said with a clenched jaw, looking straight into his eyes. His jaw clenched when I did that. I loved the way his cocky smirk slipped. Before I could process, I was pinned to the cold steel elevator frame. His one hand was holding the back of my neck, and the other was on my waist in a vise-like grip. 

"Don't fucking tell me what to do," he said in his calm yet angry tone, which managed to send a chill down my spine. Only a few inches were between our faces. If he was angry, then I was too. 

"Don't fucking touch me." I repeated it to get on his nerves and tried to push him away, but he wouldn't budge. My jaw clenched when I said that. His cold blue eyes became as cold as the tip of the iceberg. As if on cue, the elevator doors opened, and he dragged me out of there. I tried to get out of his hold, but he wouldn't let go of my wrist. 

"Let go of my wrist. I don't want to go anywhere with you," I screamed in the empty basement, where no one was there to hear me. A car pulled up in front of us. I thought someone who heard me was here to help me, but it turned out to be his car. He opened the door, pushed me inside, and then slipped beside me. 

"Drive," he commanded, and the car started. It made my heart beat fast. I don't even know where he was taking me. 

"Stop the car. I don't want to go anywhere with you, freak," I shouted again, only for him to pull up the partition between the driver and us. I gulped in fear when he did that. He pulled me onto his lap, and I started to fight. 

"If you don't stop your drama, I will fuck you here. Now itself," he said, making my whole body go stiff. 

"Good girl, was it that hard?" he said when I stopped struggling. I clenched my jaw and turned my face to glare at him. 

"I hate you," I said in his face, my voice filled with loathing for him. He smirked, but his jaw remained clenched when I said that. 

"Feelings are mutual," he said with a smirk, and then kissed my cheeks. I rubbed my cheeks where he placed his lips. I felt tingles, and I wanted to make that sensation go away. His eyes narrowed when I did that. He kissed my cheeks again, and I rubbed them again in disgust. I hate it. I just hate him so much. He grabbed my chin, turning my face to make me look at him while I was still busy rubbing my cheek. I glared at him in annoyance. But before I knew what he had in mind, his lips landed on me, and it was too late for me to realise it. My eyes widened when I felt his lips on me. What the actual fuck? It took me a few seconds to recover. I tried to get out of his hold, but he was caging me into his arms. My protesting voice was muffled by his cunning mouth. He bit on my lower lip, and it made a whimper leave my mouth. Taking advantage, he slipped his tongue inside. He kissed me hard and fast until I was breathless. The way he kissed me made my whole body go numb. My heart was beating wildly inside my rib cage. I was a breathless mess when he let go of my mouth. I glared at him. He smirked, looking at me. His hand cupped my face, and then his callous thumb slowly caressed on my swollen lips. 

"Next time you dare to wipe my kisses, remember this day," he said with an evil, challenging smirk on his lips. 

I hate him! 

I so fucking hate this man to my guts!

Guys if you want to keep reading this book for free follow me here and on Instagram.
_______________________________________
A/N
Hey guys update for you all.
Let me know your thoughts in the comment section.
Read up to chapter 101 exclusive on patreon.
The Nuptials of Convenience up to chapter 57.
Vote, comment and share.