Chapter 29

He needs to have his own medicine.

"Why do you want his number?" Aria asked me while looking at me with raised eyebrows, already searching for his number on her cell phone. Evelyn had that same questioning look in her eyes, but she continued eating her food. 

"We are going to have two events this fashion week, so I thought I could ask him if he could walk for us in the first event where we are launching our clothes that target youth. He is popular with the youth these days, so I think it will be a good idea," I explained to them, not telling them the real motive behind my intention. They started to think about my suggestion. 

"Yes, you're right, we are launching our men's collection at our main event, where Erick will be featured as a show stopper. I think it's a win-win situation with both men showcasing different ranges of our designs," Aria said in agreement after a few minutes of thinking. 

"Why such a sudden change in the arrangement?" Evelyn asked me with that scepticism in her eyes. First, we decided to choose someone from our models for the first-day event because we wanted to put more focus on the main event and didn't have a budget for a more expensive model for the first event. 

"Now that we don't have to spend much on an expensive celebrity, we can afford to hire someone for our first event, and I think Noha is the perfect choice for it. He had campiand for us before in our youth style fast fashion men's clothing," I explained to make that suspicious look go away from her eyes. We had done that experiment a long time ago. Then I got aware of how fast fashion is affecting the environment so we stopped it and now it is our first time launching a set of men's clothing in two categories. 

"Yes, you are right. We will get good exposure and will be able to catch the eyes of many," Aria agreed again while nodding her head. 

"But do you think you will be able to handle him? You remember how big a flirt he is and the fact that you dated him?" Evylen asked with a worried look in her eyes. Yeah, I dated him to keep myself distracted, but it didn't go well. It was a bad idea in the first place, and I foolishly went for it. 

"Don't worry, I can handle him, and we went on only like two or three dates. There's nothing to worry about," I assured her, but it still didn't make that worried look go away from her eyes. 

"Aria, share his number with me. I need to give him a call and ask him because I bailed on him," I said with a sheepish smile on my face. 

"Ok, I have just sent you the number. Let's go back to the final selection. I want to get this done today so we can move forward with the fitting and then rehearsal. There is less time remaining and so much to do," Aria said while getting up. 

"You guys go ahead; I will come after I'm done with the call," I said to them while getting my cell phone. 

"Looking at your history, I hope he gives you dates, and from what I heard last month, he walked for Alen Glay, and he has been super busy since then. Best of luck," Evelyn said while getting up and patting my back. 

"First finish your lunch, then call him," she shouted when she was at the door. I just bobbed my head. Once I was done with my lunch, I decided to give him a call. I took a deep breath before giving him a call. I kept biting my lower lip as the bell rang. He picked up after three rings. 

"Noah speaking." I heard a husky voice from the other side of the phone. 

"Hey, Noah, Grace here," I said after pausing for a few seconds. 

"Grace! What a pleasant surprise! How are you?" he asked cheerfully, sounding happy after receiving my call. 

"I'm good; how are you?" I asked while scratching the back of my head. 

"Handsome and dashing like always," he said huskily, making me laugh. Here he goes. 

"I thought you would never call me after our last date," he teased me, making me grin. Yeah, I had never called him since then. We had seen each other at events, and he always came to talk to me, but the very next second I found him with someone else. 

"I think it's been a year now, and you have dated lots of women since then. So let's forget about it," I said, still grinning while shifting my cell phone. 

"Oh, it's not a friendly call. It sounds like a business. What do you need my help with?" he asked, this time in a bit of a serious tone. I asked him if he could walk for us. I thought he would deny me first after knowing Erick was walking for our main event, but he agreed immediately. Good. I thought it was going to be tough to convince him, but he agreed without any fuss. I told him my assistant would call him to give him all the details. I cut the call and went to the hall where auditions were going on. 

"So how did it go?" Evelyn asked me, and Aria looked at me when I took a seat beside them. 

"He said yes," I told them, and a surprised look crossed their faces. 

"He agrees to it on such short notice?" Aria asked in disbelief, but with a huge smile on her face as if she had won the lottery. 

"Yeah, I was surprised too, but I think he said yes because we were the first ones to give him a chance before he gained fame and a name," I told her while slumping in my chair. Evelyn nodded her head in understanding. 

"I told him Alice would inform him of the rest of the things," I informed them, and then we went back to the selection procedure. After lots of thought and talking with my team, we finely selected the models for both events. Results were announced, and then Alice told them their reporting time for tomorrow. Everyone got busy, and I stood up from my seat. 

"Alice," I called her when she was done giving instructions. 

"Yes," she said as she walked to me. 

"When is Erick coming for the trials?" I asked her while putting the final list of models on the table. 

"On Thursday. After two days," she informed me after going through the tab where she keeps all the important schedules. 

"Good, schedule Noah's trial day on the same day," I told her, and she was surprised when I said that. 

"Noah Scalzotto is walking for us?" she asked with a disbelieving look in her eyes. I told you he is popular with youth since he was featured in a music video. Her eyes turned dreamy. 

"My god, I'm going to be in heaven on Thursday," she said and fanned her face. She was not working for us when we discovered him. So it's her first time meeting him. 

"I can't wait for Thursday," she said excitedly, still fanning herself, making me chuckle. A cunning smile formed on my lips.

"Me too" 

Guys if you want to keep reading this book for free follow me here and on Instagram.
_______________________________________
A/N
Hey guys update for you all.
Let me know your thoughts in the comment section.
Read up to chapter 87 exclusive on patreon.
The Nuptials of Convenience up to chapter 43.
Vote, comment and share.