Chapter 28

"I need to get out of here."

She stood up and started to gather her things in a hurry. Her lunch was on the table. My eyes furrowed when I looked at her like that. What's wrong with her? What did Erick do to her to get such a reaction out of her? 

"Where are you going? We have a second round of screening before the final result." Her friend tried to stop her, but she didn't stop and started to walk away. 

"I don't think I can do it," she said without looking back, and she passed by me, ready to get out. I don't know what he did to get that reaction out of her. I want to know what's wrong. I followed her. She was walking fast, and I kept up with her pace with my twisted ankle. 

"Excuse me, please, can you stop?" I called her, trying to stop, but she kept walking in a hurry. I was putting so much pressure on my ankle, and it made me limp. 

"Can you stop for a second?" this time I shouted, which made her stop. I tried to cut the distance, but she walked to me when she saw me limping a little. 

"I know there is still a second round after lunch, but I can't do this anymore," she said even before I could question her. 

"No, it's not about that," I said immediately. She was ready to walk away when I stopped her again. It made her eyebrows furrow in question. 

"It's regarding Erick Adama," I said, and her eyes widened. But I kept my hold on her hand. "I'm sorry, but I ended up hearing your conversation with your friend," I continued. "Can you tell me what's wrong? Why are you suddenly walking out of this like that? Maybe you could be selected to walk for us," I said, trying to convince her to tell me. 

"I'm sorry, but I can't tell you anything," she said, trying to walk away again, not ready to answer me. 

"Please, I request you. You know we are growing up as a new brand, and he is going to walk for us. If something wrong is associated with his name, it will bring a backlash to our brand too," I said, trying to convince her. She exhaled while looking at my face. 

"There's no controversy. You don't need to worry about it," she said, but I could feel she was hiding something. 

"Then why did you react in that way? It looks suspicious. Are you not telling me because you don't want to get in trouble? Trust me, I will do my best; nothing will happen to you." I tried to convince her again. She huffed and bit her lower lip in distress while looking at me. 

"It's not like that; it's just. How should I explain this to you?" She huffed, and I could see an embarrassed look on her face. 

"He is such a big dick, and I have already pissed him badly. I don't want to get into his bad books anymore," she said with an embarrassed look in her eyes. I stayed quiet, asking her to continue. 

"I met him at a party. He made all eyes turn to him when he walked inside. I developed a huge crush on him. So I have been trying to hit on him since then. Two days ago, I received a call from his secretary. He asked me to come to their office. He asked me to wear a low, backless dress. I thought it was my chance. He had finally noticed me. I dressed in a sexy low-backless short dress and went to his office. When I reached his office, I was so excited. I didn't know his reason for calling me, but I was so happy that he called me to his office. His secretary introduced me, but he didn't even lift his eyes to look at me. He kept staring at his laptop. His secretary asked me to sit, and then he told me I had to do a little acting and I would be paid for it. In short, I had to act like a lover. First, I wanted to refuse, but the pay was good and I got to be near my crush. I thought I would find a way to seduce him, but that dick didn't even look my way. I was told by his secretary not to disturb him, so I kept sitting and waiting. He fucking kept me in his office for two hours while he stood in front of his office blinders wall looking at something out. Some women stomped in, and I tried to take advantage of sitting on his lap. I think the whole act was to make her jealous or something, but I don't know. I had no chance. My extra act got me into a lot of trouble. In the end, I found out I was selected randomly from the visiting cards his secretary received. I was not special. I'm so embarrassed to see him again. That's the only reason why I'm leaving," she said with a red face and a sheepish smile on her face. After hearing her explanation, my eyes almost came out of my socket. I found it so hard to believe what she just said. I knew she was not making it up. She didn't have any motive behind her. She didn't even know I was the woman who walked on them. I didn't want to make her feel more embarrassed. I let go of her hand, and I told her she was welcome to walk for me in another fashion show. She was thankful for my offer. When I heard her explanation, I don't know why, but I felt some kind of weight lifted from my chest. I bit my lower lip in distress and had a scowl on my face. He wants to make me jealous. My stomach growled and screamed at me to feed it before I once again got lost in my introspective realm. 

"It took you quite a while to get back. Where were you?" Evylen asked me. They were half done with their lunch. 

"One of our models had to leave because of some emergency," I explained to them, not giving the whole story. I was having lunch with them, but in the back of my head, things were going on. Now I know what his reason was behind all this fuss. He wanted to get into my head. He wanted to destroy my peace of mind. He was pretty successful at it. He was trying to make me jealous, but he ended up getting trapped. Luck is on my side this time. This thing will only work if I do the same. 

"Aria, do you still have Noah's number?" I asked her, and a surprised look crossed her face. 

"Yes, I do," she said with a questioning look in her eyes. An evil smile formed on my lips.

He needs to have his own medicine.

Guys if you want to keep reading this book for free follow me here and on Instagram.
_______________________________________
A/N
Hey guys update for you all.
Let me know your thoughts in the comment section.
Read up to chapter 87 exclusive on patreon.
The Nuptials of Convenience up to chapter 43.
Vote, comment and share.