Chapter 35

This is not how I wanted to end up.

He kept looking down at me. It made my heart go very fast inside my rib cage. My hands remained still on his back, and he was on either side of my head to balance himself. His warm breath fanned my lips and mixed with mine. He moved his face slightly, and the tip of his nose touched mine. Slowly, his lips hover above me, and my fingers curl on his back. My heart started to beat even faster. It was beating so fast that I could hear it too. I closed my eyes, fearing it. I could feel him cutting the remaining distance. Thunder once again made me flinch, and my eyes opened widely. My limbs moved on their own. I pushed him even before I realised what I was doing. My push brings him back to his senses too. I sat up at the end of the couch with my head between my hands. I closed my eyes, and so many memories from the past flashed in front of my eyes. We were laughing together in the rain, and he grabbed me and was about to claim my lips. But I opened my eyes before that memory could live again. My breath was shot. It won't even let me take a breath. I opened my eyes and kept looking in the distance, not wanting to look at him. I could feel his eyes on me. I stood up and grabbed my cell phone, which was on the floor. 

"Don't you ever come that close to me again," I said in my little shaky voice, trying my best to sound firm. 

"Have you already lost your memory? It was not me who pulled you; it was you who pulled me," he said in a firm tone, making me bite my lip in anger. 

"I didn't do it on purpose. I would not have done that if you had not confiscated my cell phone to delete the number without my permission. I don't even want to breathe the same air as you. You are not even the last person I want to be with if the world is ending. Stop fucking poking your nose in my business," I said in despise and stormed away from there. I don't know where I was going because I don't even know this place. I just want to be away from him to calm myself. My hand was grabbed in a firm hold, and I was pressed against the nearest wall. 

"What are you doing? Let me go." I said it in anger. I ground my teeth when he didn't let me go. Instead, he pinned my hands on either side of my head. I think he has a death wish. 

"Then who is the last person you want to be with, Noah?" he mocked with his clenched teeth. His jaw was set, and his cold blue eyes were burning in anger. I saw a glimpse of a young possessive Erick, but I don't want to fool myself. My eyes are playing tricks on me. He died a long time ago. But I was loving how this idea of me being with Noah was cheering him up so much. 

"Why does it bother you so much?" I asked with glaring eyes and a smirk on the corner of my lips. His jaw clenched even more when I said that.

"It's none of your fucking concern with whom I fuck with or with whom I live or die with. So for the last time, keep your fucking nose out of my business," I said in a firm tone, looking straight into his eyes. His hold became tight on me, and his nose flared with blinding anger. I glared back at him with the same burning anger. 

"You are right," he said with a clenched jaw, and the next second he let go of me and punched the wall. I gasped loudly when he did that. 

"You are right. I have no fucking business with who you fuck or with whom you live with," he said with that blinding anger in his eyes, and once again he punched the wall. My body went stiff, and my eyes widened when he did that again. He was about to do that again when my limbs moved on their own, and I found myself stopping him. He won't let me touch him. He was letting out his pent-up anger. 

"What are you doing?" I yelled, but he still punched the wall as if it were a freaking sandbag. My eyes widened when I saw blood. 

"Erick, stop it now. Why are you doing that?" I yelled again when he was about to push the wall again. 

"It's none of your business. So stay away from me," he said, looking death in my eyes, and once again punched the wall. A shiver ran down my spine when he said that. 

"Stop it. You are bleeding," I said, hugging him from behind. I never like to see his blood. Not now, nor in the past. 

"Stop it!" my voice trembled. His body went stiff when I did that. I hugged him tightly and closed my eyes. He moved his hands and tried to unwind my arms, but I made my hold strong. 

"Let go of me," he said when I didn't budge. He exhaled loudly when I refused to let him go. I don't want him to harm himself again. 

"I will not. Not until you stop hurting yourself. I can't see you in pain," I said stubbornly, not letting him. I buried my face in his back and held him more tightly. Tears were pooling in my eyes, but I kept holding them. He held my hands, and before I knew it, he removed his hand and pulled me in front of him. 

"What did you say?" he asked, looking down at me. My heart beat fast in fear when his cold blue eyes looked at me like that. 

"You can't see me in pain?" he mocked while grabbing my hand tightly and pulling me to his chest. A humourless chuckle left his mouth. 

"After putting me in so much pain, you say you can't see me in pain," he said while holding back my head, making me look straight into my eyes. I saw flashes of the past in his eyes, and my heart was gripped in pain. 

"It's nothing in front of what you have made me feel," he said those words in utter contempt. That look in his eyes sent a chill down my spine. The tears you have been holding for a long time slide down from the corner of my eyes. He thinks he is the only one who is suffering. What about me? I asked him the question that has been in my head since that day. 

"Why is it always about you?" I looked straight into his cold blue eyes and asked him.

"What about the pain you have given me?" 

Guys if you want to keep reading this book for free follow me here and on Instagram.
_______________________________________
A/N
Hey guys update for you all.
Let me know your thoughts in the comment section.
Read up to chapter 94 exclusive on patreon.
The Nuptials of Convenience up to chapter 49.
Vote, comment and share.