Chapter 5

***Follow me here and on Instagram support me guys***

I don't even know why I was doing it.

He walked to the corridors, towards the locker. I followed him with steady and slow steps so he wouldn't notice me. I hid behind the locker to monitor him closely. He kept the book in his locker and again started to walk somewhere. I followed him again. He took a few turns, and I kept following him without thinking much. My eyes widened when I found him walking into the boy's locker room. I hauled my steps before they took me straight into the room full of half-naked boys. I almost followed him inside. My face turned red. God, what was I even doing? I think my curiosity for this new hot and mysterious boy was getting the best of me. 

"Get a grip and stop acting stupid. You know curiosity kills the cat," I said, slapping myself with both hands to come back to my senses. 

"Ouch!" I winced, feeling the little sting on my cheeks. I rubbed my cheeks and walked away before anyone would notice me standing in front of the men's locker room. I attended my remaining class and tried to indulge myself in my studies, but certain icy blue eyes kept invading my mind from time to time. I took a breath of relief when school was finally over. I walked out with Evelyn, discussing the coming exams. 

"God, I'm so stressed, I have to catch up on last week's studies. Why do they even have the concept of exams? Can't they just give us certificates that we have attended high school instead of taking exams?" She huffed with stress, making me laugh. 

"You know you can do this when you open your school," I said, still smiling at her. 

"If I open my school someday, it will be the best school in the world." There will be all days of parties and no exams. 

"They can do anything they want," she said with a little more enthusiasm, both hands on her hips. 

"God forbids that," I joked, making her slap my arm. 

"Grace," I heard someone calling my name when we were almost out of the school corridor. Isabelle came running towards us. 

"Hey girls," she said while hooking her arms around both of our necks. 

"Where were you during your lunch break?" I asked as the three of us continued walking out of the school. She told us that she is busy with a new science project she is making for the science fair. She is the youngest in our group. She is still in her freshman year. We walked out only to meet with Xanthys and his best friend Daniel, and what surprised me was that he was there too. 

"Have you guys met with my cousin?" Isabella said while wrapping her arms around his arms. 

"I think he is in the same class as yours," Xanthua said while looking at us. 

"Yeah, of course, we know him. He was Grace's bench pattern for the whole last week," Evelyn said before I could say anything. 

"Oh, so you guys already know each other?" Isabella said while wiggling her eyebrows at us, making my face turn red. Isabella joined her and wiggled her eyes at me. I bit my lower lip. I could feel his icy gaze on me, but his face remained stoic. There were no traces of any emotion in it. Again, I was feeling that tension in the air. A big lump formed in my throat. 

"Guys, we should go eat ice cream. I've been craving it since morning," Isabella said, cutting the tension in the air. 

"Didn't you have a cold until yesterday?" Daniel said in a stern tone. This guy opens his mouth only when it's needed. 

"Yeah, and I don't have it today, so cut it," Isabella said sassily. His jaw clenched when she said that, ignoring his words. 

"I need to be somewhere. I will head out first," Erick said in a stiff voice, even while waiting for anyone's reaction. It was my second time hearing his voice. He ruffled Isabella's hair and walked away. For a split second, I saw him smiling at her. Or maybe I'm just imagining things. That guy has zero expression on his face. He walked away, making me look at his retreating back. 

"Guys don't mind him. He doesn't like to mingle much," Xanthus said as my gaze stayed fixed on his broad back. I don't know why my mind was pulling me even more toward him. 

I don't know where my curiosity will get me. 

There was a loud honk from behind me. telling me the signal has turned green. I was once again lost in my daydreaming. I stepped on the gas and sped away. I was going to my dad's place for the dinner he had invited me to. I still don't know the reason behind his out-of-the-blue dinner invitation. Well, I will know soon. It took me another half hour to reach the area where all the rich people lived. I drove into the long driveway towards the mansion. I stepped out of my car and handed my keys to the butler. 

"After a long time, my little lady," he said with a warm smile on his face. It made me smile. He used to call me when I was a kid to tease me. 

"Yeah, after a very long time," I said while looking at the mansion, which was my home a long time ago. 

"How are you, Mister Alfred?" I asked a man who was in his early sixties. He has been working here since my dad was a teenager. 

"I'm very good, my lady, but I think you have not been eating properly. You have been neglecting your health again," he said, looking at me. a disapproving look in his eyes. I was no longer that fat kid. I chuckled at how much it reminded me of my teenage years when he used to run behind me with food to feed me. 

"I'm not. It's called being in shape," I said while walking in, and he followed me with a disapproving look still in his eyes. I entered my house, and I had just walked into the living room when my 12-year-old sister came running to me. 

"Grace," she squealed, and before I could do anything, she jumped on me. I bit back because of the impact when she did that, but I balanced myself. 

"I missed you so much," she said while hugging me tightly. 

"I missed you too." I patted her back. She is an energetic kid. 

"Sabrina, let your sister breathe." My stepmother walked in with a warm smile on her face. 

"Sorry," Sabrina muttered before getting down with a sheepish smile on her face. 

"How are you, dear?" she said and engulfed me in a hug. 

"I'm good, Lily. How are you?" I asked her when we broke the hug. 

"Great, but if we minus the stress your dad gives to me from time to time," she said, with a grim look on her face for the last part. It made me laugh. 

"I can't help in that department," I said, which she knew very well. 

"Let's go. Your dad is waiting for you," she said, and we walked to the dining area. My dad is a businessman, and businessmen don't invite people to dinner at their house out of the blue unless they have some business with them. 

I don't know what this dinner is hiding from me. 

_______________________________________
A/N
Hey guys update for you all.
Let me know your thoughts in the comment section.
Read up to chapter 60 exclusive on patreon.
The Nuptials of Convenience up to chapter 21.
Follow me on Instagram and on Wattpad.
You can support me this way please do follow me.
Vote, comment and share.