Chapter 70

I just hope that nothing goes wrong.

Erick pulled me to his chest, pulling me out of my thoughts. Andrew looked at us and then went back to keeping the pizza box in the kitchen. Soon, Xanthus and Isabela walked into the house. Only our close group of people and a few classmates who have not gone anywhere for summer vacation were invited. 

"Erick" Isabela ran to Erick and wrapped her arm around his hand. 

"How are you, kiddo?" he said with adoration in his eyes. I smiled, looking at her. Daniel walked in, and his first gaze landed on Isabela. She stared back at him, making him clench his jaw. Daniel is Xanthus best friend. Sort of mine too. We have known each other since kindergarten. Both of the boys did a fist bump with each other. It's their kind of thing. Then they said hello to Andrew, who was back from the kitchen. 

"Guys, we need to get ready. The pool is over there. Enjoy yourself," Evilyn said while taking mine and Isabella's  hands. She dragged us to her room. 

"Let's get ready," she said excitedly. Isabela was excited too. I just smiled, looking at their excitement. I pulled out my swimsuit from my bag. 

"You are not wearing that." Evilyn gasped in horror. 

"Where is the bikini we bought yesterday?" she asked, looking at me with her wide eyes. I have it in my bag, but I'm not confident enough to wear it. 

"I have not brought it," I lied with a small apologetic smile on my face. She looked at me with narrowed eyes, not believing me. Her narrowed gaze moved to my bag, and before I could stop her, she picked it up from the bed. She pulled out the bikini from the bag. 

"What is this?" she asked with her eyes still narrowed in my direction. I bit my lower lip with a sheepish smile on my face. 

"I don't think I can wear it. I know I won't look good in it," I said with a slumping shoulder. 

"I don't think so. I know you are not confident in your body, but trust me. It will look good on you," Isabela said when she walked out of the bathroom. I was surprised to see she was wearing a bikini too. She was still in a developing state. Still, she was wearing it so confidently. 

"Do you think I will force you to wear it even if it doesn't look good on you?" Evilyn questioned me. 

"No," I mumbled under my breath. I bite on my lower lip. I know she will not. She exhaled. 

"Get ready," she said, handing me the bikini. 

"I need to doll up a bit. Alex is going to come too," she said dreamily, talking about the boy she has a huge crush on. I decided to trust her words. She pushed me into the bathroom to change. She was going to change in the bedroom. Isabela got busy taking the pictures. I removed my clothes and wore them. My stomach was not flat, and my hips were wide with thick thighs. I didn't have a perfect body like Evilyn or confidence like Isabella. 

"Grace, come out and stop staring at the mirror. You look great," Evilyn said, making me look away from the mirror. She knows me like the back of her hand. I exhaled deeply and then walked out. I decided to wear a t-shirt over it, but Isabella threw it back on the bed. 

"You look great. Stop doubting yourself," she said, and then took my hand. They both drag me down. They know my struggle with my body, and they always encourage me to be body-positive. I try my best to believe them, but my negative thoughts always make me change my mind. All the boys were already chilling at the pool. Enjoying drinks and snacks. 

"Hey guys, already having fun without us," Evilyn announced our presence. I was walking behind them. In short, I was hiding behind them. I could see all of them looking at us. Evelyn smiled, looking at Alex, and she went to talk with him. As soon as she walked, I was exposed to many eyes. I felt his burning gaze on me. I didn't lift my eyes to look in that direction. Isabela, who was walking carelessly, stopped walking, and her body stilled for a few seconds. It made me bump into her. I followed her gaze and found her looking at Danial, who was looking straight at her with a clenched jaw. Across from him stood Erick. His ocean-blue eyes looked directly into mine. A big lump formed at the base of my throat.