1.

⋆gentle reminder!⋆

I don't know the plot of one piece, I've only watched the live action and became obsessed with the zoro from said live action series. This story will mostly be made up with some events from the series that I know of. This will also contain mature stuff (language, smut?, Death,...) So yeah if you don't want that or are not comfortable reading that, I will put warnings indicating some mature content's ahead. I hope you enjoy ~

⋆⋆

Cries filled the room as a little girl was just born. The mother cradled her closely to her looking up at the sky. "Her name will be Misokazuki." The mother muttered smiling fondly at the crying child in her arms.

"But miss why that name? Do you know what it means?" The other woman asked concerned with the name.

"It means dark moon. I named her like this because she was born on a dark moon. People will treat her with fear and respect. She will grow up to be strong and beautiful just like the moon. The black moon is a rare sight and it scares but attracts people as well. She will do just the same, she will do great things, oh I just know it mizuki! Will you please take care of her as you would your own?" She pleaded with the other woman.

Mizuki took the small child in her arms and placed a soft kiss on its forehead. "Oh I shall Getsumei, rest now. You need your strength to watch over her from up there." She smiled at her friend.

Her dying state was as clear as the moonlight shining down on her face. They both knew. She made hand gestures to hold her child one last time. The woman agreed and gave her back to the mother.

She held her daughter closely and kissed her forehead. "My sweet Misokazuki, mommy is so sorry for leaving you so soon. But I promise you with every bit of my heart, I love you so much and I shall always watch over you. It's a promise bound by the moon. It's the most important and unbreakable promise my little moon drop." A tear dropped from her eyes and landed on the child.

It started to cry but not because of the tear but because she had felt her mother's final breath leave her now cooling limp body. Mizuki immediately took away the child and tried to soothe her but it was no use. The child knew her mother was gone for ever.

༻❁༺

Years had passed since that fateful night and little Misokazuki is about to reach the age of 4 years old. Her aunt mizuki had told her about the moon promise her mom made her and she cherished it ever since.

She was sitting in the forest on a tree stump. She had tears rolling down her crystal blue eyes. Another phenomenon that was unusual in their town. She hated living here.

She was sniffling and suddenly a white handkerchief was held before her face. She looked up and was met with a small boy with green hair around her age.

"Why are you crying out here all alone?" The boy asked as he offered her the handkerchief. She took it hesitantly and just looked at it. The boy saw and gently took it from her and wiped away her tears.

"It's used for wiping away your tears dummy not to clutch it in your hands." The boy chuckled and the girls heart raced a little. She was a tad embarrassed.

She coughed to try and get rid of her embarrassment. "Who are you to call a stranger a dummy? I think that makes you the mean dummy." She stated in a huff sticking out her tongue.

The boy smiled at her. He stood up from his crouching position and pointed to himself. "I'm Roronoa Zoro!"

The girl laughed at his antics. "Glad to see you smiling." He stated and she looked away.

"How so? Shouldn't you be scared of me like everyone else or bully me? Don't you know who I am?" She asked with a hint of sadness in her voice.

"Because you're cute when you smile. Why should I be or do any of those things to you? No I don't know who you are, you haven't told me your name yet." He stated factious.

"Oh, um, ... I'm Kanji Misokazuki." She mumbled silently.

"Misokazuki? That's a pretty name."

The shock did not go unnoticed by the boy as it was as clear as day on her face. "You think so?" He nodded.

"I'm having a hard time believing that, everyone else bullies me for my name as it means dark moon and everyone's afraid of that."

"They are only afraid because they don't know what it is or why it comes. It's the only reason Zuki."

Her cheeks heated up at hearing the newfound nickname the boy had given her.

"Hey Zuki do you want to be friends?" The girl immediately nodded her head excitedly causing the young boy to chuckle.

The two played the whole day in the forest, laughing, having fun and getting to know each other.

The days continued like this until one day they didn't anymore.

The girl ran through the forest to their usual meet up spot. Zoro wasn't there yet so she waited and waited and waited. Until nightfall had approached and he was yet to arrive.

She didn't even know why she felt her face become wet. She didn't know why she was crying. Defeated she walked back home and immediately crashed in bed, refusing to talk to her aunt.

She continued her actions everyday until a month has passed and she gave up, her longing for her friend turned into anger towards him. She kept being bullied by the other kids and adults in the town. She had enough of it so she decided to get stronger.

She looked up and saw the moon shining down brightly on her. "I will find you and I will beat you Roronoa Zoro, I will crush your dream, I promise you witnessed by the moon . The most sacred promise is made there's no going back now!"

The girl awoke from her dream drenched in sweat. She was greeted by her dearest and longest friend the moon. Misokazuki believed her mom became part of the moon always watching over her, her aunt has joined her mother too, making the moon feel warmer and safer.

This night resembles the one she had recalled in her dream. The night that happened 14 almost 15 years ago. Her birthday was approaching soon. "The time is nigh Zoro." She muttered reaching her hand up towards the moon.