28.

⋆⋆

She didn't hesitate to kiss him back before pulling away. He cupped her cheeks rubbing his thumb over her cheek.

She had bangs now coming up to her eyebrows, the sides a little longer kissing her face perfectly. Her hair was pulled back into a half ponytail.

Her hair was rather dark now the blue only visible in certain light. He caught side of some red streaks in her hair.

"What happened to you?" He whispered against her skin.

"It's not a story I'd like to talk about Zoro. You can't tell the others I'm not dead."

"Why not?" He asked a bit annoyed. "Because it's for their safety. It's better if they think I'm dead."

"No it's not Zuki. They miss and mourn you. I don't want to lie to them about this. You can't ask me that either." He pleaded with her.

She turned away and let out a small sigh. "I miss them too but.."

"No but, what are you so afraid of? Why are you hiding? What could you possibly be running away from."

Tears crowded her eyes but she refused to let them fall. "What happened." He pleaded softly.

She took a deep breath in.

"I died."

༻❁༺

The red moon slowly started to disperse and return back to the regular eclipse moon.

Misokazuki was breathing heavily. She was in shock. Her body was convulsing her insides burning.

"Is this the end?" She chuckled bitterly amongst the hissing of the burning ache her body is giving her.

"It is only if you wish it to be."

"What?"

"You heard me."

"I did, who are you?"

"Questions for later. Do you wish to live or die?"

There was a silence, eerie and tension building. She swallowed harshly. "I want to live."

"Are you ready to give up everything you were before? To live the you now must die."

"Yes I am ready." She didn't care, she wanted this pain to end and she wanted to live. She wanted to see them again. She wanted, no needed to survive.

"Very well." A crackling wave of red lighting coursed through her body. It burned her, changed her, healed her.

It made her eyes change from the once light crystal blue to red as blood.

"You are now the you, you were supposed to be."

"Huh?"

"Move."

She didn't hesitate to listen or question it and ran away from this dreadful place as far as she could.