26.

⋆⋆

Tears flowed from his eyes as he sat in his room in the dark alone. It has been a few months and he still couldn't get over her death. He couldn't place it.

He blamed himself because he wasn't strong enough to protect her. He needed to get stronger and so he was.

Tomorrow he was leaving for training. He wasn't going to come back until he was strong enough. Everyone agreed it would be the best case since enemies will be stronger in the grand line. Sanji was also leaving to get stronger.

They held a little farewell party for them tonight and it's still going on. But Zoro couldn't allow himself to have fun like that when Zuki isn't here to enjoy it with them.

Everytime they tried to brighten the mood and hang out, it would remind him of the girl he really likes beyond anything. He felt guilty about ruining the others their fun like that.

He just remembers how much fun Zuki used to have when they did things like this. She would never admit it but she loved these guys so much. They had become his family and he's pretty sure they've become hers as well.

There's just so much that's left unsaid and unknown. He doesn't like to be kept in the dark. He glanced at her letter that was in his hands.

Something just doesn't add up. His eyes reread a certain part

"Because Misokazuki is no more, she's dead. I'm sorry I have to burden you with this pain and all these brain consuming questions."

H

e knew Misokazuki and how she spoke. Everything always had a meaning and she'd never say anything without thinking about it thoroughly. She only gives you the information she deems necessary.

She will only tell you what you think you want to know. She'll leave you with clues to figure things out. She's always very calculated.

Talking about herself in third person is not something she would do without it meaning something.

Could it possibly be?

He thought back to when she was still here and tried to remember everything as vividly as possible.

༻❁༺

Misokazuki stood by the railing of the ship. She had just given something to a messenger bird. It just flew away when Zoro walked up to her.

"What are you being so secretive about?" He asked her and she chuckled. "Who says I'm being secretive?"

"Okay then what's in the letter you sent?"

"It's a secret."

"See!" He stated with a chuckle.

"You'll know when the time is right Zoro. A girl gotta keep some secrets. How else will she be able to rule the world?" She asked raising her eyebrows.

Zoro looked at her before both fell into a fit of laugher. "You're something else Zuki."

"I know~ it's why I've got all the guys wrapped around my pinky finger." She teased to which Zoro shook his head.

༻❁༺

The bird returned and she stood there waiting for it. Like she knew it would be coming at this moment. She didn't want anyone else to be able to see the contents of the letter.

"More secrets?"

She was a bit startled as she didn't expect anyone else to be here. "Yeah." She replied as she watched the bird sit there.

She gave the bird another letter and said "The same address." It flew away out to the sea.

"How long do you intend to keep these secrets?"

"You'll know due time Zoro. You just got to trust me." She sighed and looked at him. Her eyes held so many secrets so much hurt.

"I do trust you. I always have and always will Zuki." She smiled at his words.

༻❁༺

"Guys let's have some fun today." She stated as everyone was seated at the breakfast table.

"What's the occasion?"

"Mm no occasion just one last fun thing to do together. Because it's our last night in this town."

"Makes sense."

"There's a festival in town, we could go to that?" She suggested and everyone nodded.

༻❁༺

She was dressed in a beautiful black dress. She looked at the stall that held beautiful fox masks. Her eyes were on a full face fox mask. It was white but it had red and black markings on it. The middle of the mask held a red moon. The side of the mask had a moon charm attached to it.

"It looks beautiful." Zoro stated as he caught her eye. "It is."

"Why don't you get it?"

She shrugs and Zoro clicks his tongue. "How much for the mask?" He asked the owner. He sold the mask to Zoro and he gave it to Misokazuki.

"Consider it a parting gift from this place."

She smiled at him. "I'll cherish this forever. A parting gift." She looked down before running off somewhere.

Zoro was left standing confused and alone.
Everyone returned to the ship to find Misokazuki there. She smiled at them and they all chatted happily together.

Nightfall came and Misokazuki was at her usual spot and Zoro walked up to her. Immediately she pulled him into a hug.

"Thanks for everything you've done for me Zoro." He patted her back. "It's nothing, why the sudden affection?"

She shrugs and he chuckles. They didn't break the hug however and stayed like that for a few minutes until they broke apart. "I'll miss you." She whispered against the wind.

༻❁༺

Zoro chuckled. She had already hinted at the fact she was going to be gone. They were all just to blind to see it. He wished he pressed her more on the matter. Maybe then he'd knew.

Maybe then he could help her. He wouldn't have to wonder and question it.

He would know what you're up to. But he doesn't know and he won't know either.

༻❁༺

He left the ship on this particular night 3 years ago. He set his foot back onto the ship as everyone welcomed him with open arms.

"Zoro! Glad to have you back." Nami stated as she hugged him.

"Welcome back Zoro." Luffy stated with a smile.

"I see we have some new faces around here."

Suddenly someone ran up to the ship panting. It was none other then "Tsuji?"

"I-I need help!" She was desperate.

༻❁༺

I love playing with you all and confusing you 🤭