5.

⋆⋆

"I'm not, some things may have stayed the same but others haven't."

He let out a sigh bandaging her leg next. "Whatever you promised to do doesn't have a time limit right? So can you hold it off until we get back from finding out wherever Nami went?"

"You're so nonchalant about all of this."

"I accepted the consequences the moment I left. I knew when we would meet again it would be on these terms. Just like how the ex husband of your great grandmother did, it just feels natural to accept punishment for breaking it."

"Why did you leave Zoro? Why did you break it?"

He looked away from her. "I had to leave to follow my dream, it was what my parents had always wanted for me. I never intended to break it when I made it."

"But you did anyways. You could've told me and we could've gone together."

"No we couldn't have, your aunt needed you. You couldn't just leave the village for years to train to become a great swordsman."

"I didn't tell you because I didn't want you spending your life chasing after my dreams without discovering your own. I know you would've followed me wherever I went."

He looked into her eyes. "I did what I did, so you could discover your own dreams and talents without anyone else doing it for you. I accepted that there would be an aftermath to my decision."

"You're such a dummy."

"I believe that title still belongs to you Zuki."

She scoffed and got up. "I'm coming with you, I still have some business with those fishmen, our score will be settled afterwards." She said walking out leaving Zoro alone in the room.

She walked back up to the deck and saw everyone looking at her. "My name is Kanji Misokazuki, I'm also known as the black abyss. I'll be coming with you because I still have a score to settle with those fishmen."

"And I'm Tsuko Tsuji, pleasure meeting everyone."

"Well welcome aboard Messy, Misokazuki and Tsuji." Luffy smiled at them.

༻❁༺

"I still don't know why we are going after Nami, she clearly works for Arlong." Zoro said as they got ready to depart.

"You just don't know a woman at all, they never mean what they say, they are mysterious beings." Sanji said as he walked up the deck. "I heard you needed a chef?"

"Oh yeahhhh!" Luffy cheered inviting him aboard. "What's the waiter doing here?" Zoro questioned giving a look to blonde.

༻❁༺

They sailed towards the conomi islands. According to the creepy clown head buggy that's where the fishmen have their base.

So that's where Nami is, well at least they hoped so.

Misokazuki was on the deck training like she does whenever she gets the chance.

"Shouldn't you be resting that arm? You're straining it."

"If I don't train my arm will get sore, if you are determined enough you can overcome almost anything." She said swinging her sword again.

"Determination doesn't do you any good if you completely fuck up your arm by not letting it heal properly."

She rolled her eyes. "You're really not one to talk, if it comes down to a fight you'll fight as well, you're in a worse condition then I am."

"Zuki."

"Stop Zoro, just stop okay?!" She let out a sigh. "I'm fine okay now leave me to my training."

Zoro walked away and was greeted with Tsuji. "Don't take it personal, for as long as I've known her she's always been like that. She cares and truly appreciates the concern. She just can't express herself properly."

"She's confused because she's supposed to be mad at you, but you had a valid reason for breaking that promise. So she can't really be mad at you, but she needs to be."

"Why?"

"Because if she's not mad at you, then what is she supposed to feel? Her anger is what has kept her going for so long. She refuses from feeling anything but anger, because if she does she'll crumble."

He looked back at her training hard. He understood her in a way, he understood her reason why.

༻❁༺

They were close to the island and Misokazuki sat on the railing of the ship. "Careful or you might fall off." Zoro said standing beside her.

The wind blew her black blueish hair making her look ethereal according to some. "I can swim." Was all she said before a laugh escaped the both of them.

"So I heard you're the black abyss. You're really a great swordfighter Zuki, I'm impressed."

"Yeah you know it's just skill and talent." She shrugged with a playful smile at her lips. "I bet it is."

The atmosphere has grown comfy between them. Only the sea breeze and crashing waves disrupting their silence.

"You've really grown up to be quite amazing." He told her causing her to look at him.

"I've always known you would be able to achieve many things, you're known across the land for your swordsmanship."

"So are you mister demon, pirate hunter. I'm still amazed this happened."

He looked at her a bit confused. "Luffy told me the story of how you joined up, really robbing the marines?" She giggled

Zoro just shrugged loving the sound of her laughter. "So how'd you met Tsuji?" He asked looking at the sea.

"She came looking for me because she was intrigued by my skills, she wanted to be by my side. She has proven herself trustworthy and she stuck around. No matter how hard I tried to get rid of her, she just kept coming back. She listens to every word I say except leave." She let out a sigh as a smile played on her face.

"She's stubborn like you, now you know how I felt dealing with your ass when we were kids."

"Hey! I'm not that bad! You make it sound like I was the worst person to play with." She felt offended and zoro laughed at her reaction patting her head. "only a little." He teased her and she hit his chest hard and repeatedly. Laughter was shared between them but soon they reached the island and the mood disappeared completely.