Chapter 3: Here Comes Luffy!

***Amaya's POV***

I've been with Dadan and her family for five years now. I'm now nine years old, and Ace is ten. I'd forgotten how many years apart Ace and Luffy were, so I didn't know when to expect him.

Ace and I have been friends for a while now. He still acts like his cool, cocky self, but he's not so rude to me anymore. He helps me practice on occasion with my Smoke Smoke power.

Since it's easier to control my body now, I've gotten decently strong. I'm able to take down creatures for meals, and move quickly through the forest.

Chi has been training too. She will never be strong, but I want her quick enough to be able to get away if she's ever in trouble. She's really quick now that she's full grown.

These past couple of months Ace has been disappearing more without me though, which makes me think that he's finally met Sabo. That makes me excited though, because that means I get to meet him soon too.

I was chilling with Dadan and the others in the main room of the house reading a book about basic medicine. I really need to find a local doctor or something until I find someone more knowledgeable. I wish I could just kiss a book and learn its knowledge. Does the devil fruit work on texts?

Glancing around the room to make sure no one was looking, I pecked the book I was reading. All of a sudden my head was filled with all its knowledge. No way! If I visit a bookstore, I can learn everything in a day!

I started to plan but my thoughts were interrupted when there was a banging on the door.

Dadan started to yell at the person on the other side. "Stop it!! Whoever you are, do you wanna get killed!?" She opened the door and froze mid sentence of her next insult.

Haha dejavu much?

"G-Grap?!" Dadan quickly backs up from the doorway.

"You're looking good." Garp comments.

"Give me a break! Please, you gotta have mercy on me! Ace is already 10!"

Dogra then adds in with a squeaky voice. "We can't handle him anymore! You have to take him!"

"Putting that aside," Garp moves on.

"Don't put it aside!" Dogra snaps.

"You're annoying, kid!" Dadan yells to the running child outside the door.

Garp grabs Luffy by the back of his shirt while he runs by. "Look after him too!"

"Huh?" Dadan says with a jaw drop.

I chuckle at the image before walking over to the door.

"This is Luffy," he stated. "Say hello."

Luffy raised one hand and said "yo!" with a funny face.

I laughed at everybodies shocked faces. That was great. Since I did the same thing when I met them three years ago, it really surprised them to be greeted the same way.

"Who is that kid?" Manra the other bandit asks.

"He is my grandson."

"Heh!! Another one!" Dadan's voice echoes throughout the mountain.

Dadan tried to convince Garp otherwise, which Garp threatened her again for. Poor Dadan, but at the same time it was funny to watch. It was just like how it was for me.

I got up and walked over to Garp. "Hey, Garp! Good to see ya!" I said with a smile towards him.

He directed his attention towards me before going to raise his free hand. Luffy, thinking I was about to get hit, watched with a worried expression, but it turned to shock once Garp ruffled my hair.