Chapter 21: The Altar

***Amaya's POV***

We were placed on the large sacrificial altar by the giant crab before it promptly left us in the middle of nowhere. Surrounding the altar on all sides was a moat of water that was likely filled with a number of beasts. Past the water the large jungle began, which would also be filled with its own challenges as well.

    "That stupid lobster just deserted us." Zoro irritatingly acknowledges.

    "Where exactly are we?" Chopper wonders.

    "What's for certain is that it's the interior of Upper Yard." Nami states.

    "It's almost as if this is a sacrificial altar." Robin notices.

    "It most likely is." I add on. "I mean this god wants you guys gone or dead, right?" Chi squeaked a "chi" in agreement.

    "Nami. What's a 'sacrifice'?" Chopper naively asks.

    "It means being offered to God while you're alive."

    "Oh, that's all? I thought it meant being boiled alive or something," he comments relieved.

    "Well, yeah. That's what happens after he gets you, or something else just as bad." I explained.

    "Eh?!"

    "Whatever the method, your life is offered to him." Robin finishes my explanation.

    "Ehhh?!?! Does that mean we are going to be killed?!" Chopper starts to freak out, while standing on the deck's railing. He then fell off the railing, off the ship, and started tumbling down the stairs that led to water at the bottom of the altar.

    "Geez!" Zoro groans before quickly going after the furry reindeer.

    Robin then used her devil fruit to sprout a pair of arms at the bottom of the stairs to keep Chopper from tumbling into the water.

    Chopper breathed a sigh of relief only to hear a large splash coming from the water. One of the huge sea monsters with large mouths that was following us earlier started to aim for Chopper, hoping to get a bite sized meal. Chopper started to scream once again.

    Luckily for the strawhat's doctor, Zoro stepped in just in time to attack the sea beast that was going for him. Chopper then hastily started to run up the stairs.

    "W-what is that?" Nami panicky questions.

    "A shark...in the sky...a skyshark?" Robin unsurely responds.

    "Sounds good enough to me." I grin at Robin's uncertainty since it's a rare occurrence. It was kinda funny.

    Chopper then arrived at the bottom of the ship before turning around and yelling for Zoro.

    The swordsman had landed in the water after coming to Chopper's rescue. We couldn't see him in the water since there were clouds covering the water's surface.

    "Where are you, Zoro?" Chopper whines.

    We waited and waited until the large beast jumped out of the water with Zoro in his mouth, defending himself with the use of his three swords.

    "Found him!" I said with a smile, pointing to the struggling green haired man.

    "Zoro!" Nami calls out. "The skyshark is beating Zoro!" She yells.

    The beast and Zoro went under once more, worrying Chopper again.

    "H-he went under again! Zoro isn't coming back up!"