Chapter 41: Enter the Fog

***Amaya's POV***

We've been at sea for a couple of weeks now since we departed from Water Seven. My days consisted of heavy training in the mornings and early afternoons, followed by rest and reading in the evenings. I've finally mastered the listening abilities granted by the Rumble fruit, and I've also increased my stamina for the Op-Op fruit to be able to last longer.

I've decided to hold off on training the six powers I learned from Garp since I don't have time to make them useful before the war. Instead, I decided to hone my sword fighting abilities even further, hoping to increase both speed and precision.

Zoro would join me from time to time when he was taking a break from his own training regimen. Sanji was always good about forcing me to take a break by bringing refreshments and small snacks to boost my energy.

Every now and then Chopper and Usopp would chill out on the deck just to watch me train as they fished off the side of the ship, saying that it was more entertaining than staring at the water.

I couldn't outright disagree with their statement since I never understood the appeal of fishing; however, it did make training feel awkward with them just watching. In a way it helped pass the time though, Usopp would tell some of his made up or highly exaggerated stories as I continued to train, and Chopper would fangirl the stories, being really impressed with the 'endeavors' that Usopp did.

Now I was chilling on the window seat within the kitchen, reading a comic about Germa 66. Well it was actually about a Marine named Sora who fought against Germa 66, but that fact that Germa was in it was why I read it. I was wanting to learn more about their abilities since I'd forgotten after so long.

Chi ws asleep on her designated pillow as I read, enjoying the sound of waves outside the window next to me as I did so. I popped a pice of candy into my mouth that fell from the sky the other day. A mini adventure that I totally forgot about, but hey, I got free candy in the process so score.

The kitchen door opened to my right as Sanji walked in.

"Ah, Ama-chan. Glad to see you finally taking a break." He comments. "Would you like some Chamomile tea with Lavender?" He offers.

How could I refuse my favorite? "That sounds amazing, thanks Sanji." I smile before refocusing on my comic. We were at a battle scene within the story, showing the main four of Germa's forces abilities in action.

The red one, Ichiji, had an ability called Sparking Red, which allowed him to shoot off highly concentrated light beams from his hands and eyes. In short it was like ray vision power level wise.

Then the blue one, Niji, had a different ability named Dengeki Blue, which is honestly such a lame name. In short he imbues his swords with lightning from what it shows in the comic. In addition to adding it to his swords, he does so with other parts of his body to enhance his speed as well. Another talent of his was impersonating voices, which could prove to be bothersome in the future.

Finally the green one, Yonji, in short he was super strong. Although his siblings also have heightened physical abilities, Yonji's were the best in strength and grip. He also had a high tolerance for alcohol from what the comics suggest.

"You must really like those comics. You've been staring a hole into them." Sanji snaps me out of my thoughts.

"I find them interesting is all. I like to gather whatever intel I can about people."

"Intel? From comics?" He questioned with a raised eyebrow.

"Well they're about Germa 66, which I heard were real people when I was traveling in the North Blue. I heard that they were deeply embedded in the underworld."