Chapter 48: My Vow

***Amaya's POV***

I'd been limping for some time, making my way to the Sunny. It was slow going since my hurt ankle didn't like pressure being put on it. The heels didn't help, but there was no way I was about to go around this war zone without shoes.

Despite the long walk through the ruined mansion, there weren't any zombies. Where were they? Did they all leave or something?

I'd finally made it to the bridge that Franky must have built, which was the final stretch of the journey. After this, there would be a short climb down a ladder then bam! I'm back at the Sunny where I can sit and wait on the others.

I go to limp another step until I see a blur and feel an impact on my stomach. I fell backwards from the force, landing on my back. Luckily, I lifted my head in time to avoid hitting it.

Looking at my torso, I see a fluffy cloudfox staring at me intently.

Wheezing slightly since she just knocked me breakless, I say. "Chi...You've got to stop doing this to me." I lean my head back as she starts to squeak up a storm. Yelling at me for being careless, getting captured, making her worried, the usual really.

"CHI cHi chI!" She squeaked getting in my face.

"Yes, I'm listening." I sigh, sitting back up.

"Chi Chi," she questioned as she eyed my outfit, which was still the wedding dress.

"Yeah, my kidnapper wanted me to marry him, but he was left unconscious at the altar. Don't worry."

"CHI!!!"

"Yeah, he was a bit of a nutjob, but what's new, right? On the bright side, I gained a new ability." I smirk.

"Chi," She deadpanned.

"Umm, yeah, really. I tricked him to kiss me on the forehead, so it wasn't that bad."

She just continued to look at me like I'm an idiot.

I fake cough looking the other way from my friend's judgment. "So, why are you here? Franky said that Luffy wanted you to stay on the ship." I ask with a quirked eyebrow. She's usually very good at listening.

At my question, poor Chi started to shake, worrying me further. I pick her up and cradle her to my chest.

"Deep breaths, girl. What happened?" I stroke her fur in an attempt to calm her down.

"ChI chi cHi Chi."

I froze, having heard what went down on the Sunny. How could I forget such an important detail?

"I'm an idiot." I mumbled after I buried my face in Chi's fur.

"Chi?" She questioned what I knew and what we were going to do.

I take a few breaths to compose myself before lifting my head to look at a concerned Chi.

"Well, I have a plan, but you're not going to like it." I said, earning a squeak of protest before I explained.

***Mini Time Skip Brought to You By Chi's Fluffy Fur***

Chi and I followed the sounds of destruction until we regrouped with the Strawhats. They were still battling Oars who had Luffy's stretching ability.

They were all battered and bruised, but at least they were still alive. The majority of the group stood off to the side as we all watched Luffy go to work on the giant.

Luffy wasn't his normal self though. He was much taller than normal and had a blue complexion. He looked like a larger, buffer, bluer, version of my best friend.