Chapter 68: Fake Invite

***Amaya's POV***

Cough Cough Cough My body heaved, dispelling the water from my lungs. I turned to the side, spitting out the salty liquid that had mixed with my saliva onto the hard ground.

A rough hand patted my back throughout the process, along with a fluffy tail on my cheek.

"Ya good?" Greenie asks after my coughing fit.

"I'm revived." I monotone. "Man, I hate water." I shiver at the thought, wrapping my arms around myself. The experience was always unpleasant, especially with so many copies. "Thanks for the save." I turn my attention to the swordsman.

"Like I said, I'll keep an eye on you when we're around water." He stated before surveying our surroundings.

"Seeing as we're pirates, you must keep busy." I comment, tuning into the sounds coming near.

"You have no idea." I hear him mumble with the Rumble activated.

I heard rapid footsteps approaching too. "Chi, keep quiet." I nod to her on my shoulder. "Clear-Clear." I whisper, activating the invisible cloak around Chi and I.

"Oi!" Zoro, whipped around, looking for the two of us.

"Shh!" I whisper quickly near his ear. "Incoming," I whisper, placing a hand on his shoulder after standing behind him. This way he'll know we're nearby, but I'm still out of his walking path.

Guards soon surrounded us in the coral forest we found ourselves in. The large pieces of coral were sprouting from the ground, but they were large enough to be deemed as trees.

The guards each carried a trident as a weapon, along with matching uniforms. There was a helmet that covered their faces, and a small vest that didn't cover their hulking forms. Their shoulders had pads that looked to be made from shells. Their waists had long shorts with straw-like skirts over the red fabric. The final piece was calf high brown boots. In short it was a wardrobe nightmare.

As they surrounded us on all sides, they lowered their weapons in our direction.

"Are you the Pirate Hunter Zoro from the Straw Hats?" One of the guards questions.

Zoro raised his arm to grip the hilt of one of his swords. Staring at the fishman who spoke, he replied. "Yeah, so what?"

"We are here to escort you to the palace." The guard replied, loosening the hold on his weapon. The others soon followed suit.

"Not interested."

"We are doing the same with the rest of the Straw Hats. You can wait for them at the palace." The guard tried again.

"I'll find them on my own." Zoro declared as he started walking in what was likely the wrong direction.

"There will be food and sake while you wait." The guard tried once more.

Zoro paused. "Lead on."

I shook my head at Greenie's decision making skills as we were led towards the palace. I even felt Chi deflate on my shoulder at the man's response. I patted her head with my free hand that wasn't on Zoro's shoulder.

We were soon led to a normal, well their version of normal, bubble vehicle. At least I won't have to touch water. I'll be able to stay out of sight too. Then we were off.

Fish and other creatures swam underneath us as the vehicle rose in the underwater blue sky. It was surreal, seeing puffy white clouds under the sea. Soon enough we reached the highest point of the island's membrane bubble. In front of us was the opening that sealed the palace off from the rest of Fishman Island.