Chapter 4: Enter Sabo!

Amaya's POV

The next morning Ace was headed out the door, which woke Luffy up. Without so much as sparring me a glance he raced after him. I shook my head. It's going to be a long couple of months.

"Ace! Are you going somewhere? Let's be friends!" Luffy loudly calls out to him.

"Boss! He's going after Ace again!" I heard Dogra yell.

"Hey! Ya gotta do chores around the house!" Dadan called out to Luffy.

I watched as he stuck out his tongue towards her, pulling down one eye. "No thanks!" He said before running away.

"You little punk!" Dadan yells as Magra tries to calm her down.

At the end of the day Ace would bring food and Luffy would eventually stumble back covered in wounds. I would treat him everyday, getting experience of patching injuries from things like cuts to a swollen face from a beehive.

I would distract him with a song and smoke images dancing to images, so that he wouldn't feel the pain as much. At the end of fixing him up he would always say, "thanks Ama!" before going to bed.

That's what he calls me Ama. Apparently my whole name was too hard for him to say, but I think Ama is kinda cute.

This routine happened for months. Ace would leave, Luffy would chase after him, Dadan and the others would freak out, Luffy would come home covered in wounds, I would treat him, and it would happen all over again the next day.

During that time, I read the engineering book and found out why I was so connected to it. I was reading my father's journal when he mentioned that the island I was born on was famous for building airships and planes. It was something that the government wanted for themselves.

There were many blueprints and random important lessons throughout the journal, so I decided that I would do my best to learn and build them. After three months of learning, I decided to take a break and join the boys.

When Ace left, Chi and I followed him. He glanced at us when we caught up.

"What are you doing?" He asked.

"Thought it would be fun to join you for today!" I answered while Chi agreed.

He thought for a moment before sighing slightly. "Don't fall behind." Was all he replied, but I could see that he was frowning less when I joined him.

"No worries there." It was easy for me to keep up from all my training that I did.

All of a sudden we heard Luffy call out to Ace behind us. "Ace!" He was running towards us as quickly as he could go.

Ace picked up the pace with me following along. After a little, we hid up on high ground, but we were able to see Luffy still looking for us.

"Aw man! I lost him again! Ace runs so fast!" Luffy said, searching the forest.

Then a gigantic tiger appeared in front of Luffy. It was the beast of this dangerous mountain. One that had yet to be beat.

The tiger started to approach Luffy as he fell on his butt in shock at the large beast.

I glanced over at Ace without him noticing. His face was full of concern and slight fear.

The tiger started to get closer to Luffy, and Ace was about to interfere before a large bear came to challenge the tiger.

Seeing his chance, Luffy escaped and ran in fear away from the huge animals. He screamed the whole way.

I stood up next to Ace. "He's starting to grow on you huh?" I ask.