Chapter 23: Eneru's Scheme

Previously on The Copyist:

We were all ready for battle. Gan Fall was holding his spear, Wyper his overly large gun, Zoro had two swords in his hands, Robin was striking a pose, and I stood there with my hand hovering over my sword's handle.

"God's prophecy cannot fail since I'm absolute. Now, who will die? Will you fight each other? Or shall I take care of it myself?" He said ominously.

***Amaya's POV***

"What do you wanna do?" Zoro asks, looking at Robin and I.

"I'm not going to be the one." Robin states.

Zoro looks at me. I give a smirk in response. "As if!"

"Me either." Zoro comments.

"I won't accept that, either." Wyper adds his commentary.

"I, too, firmly refuse." The sky knight declares giving the rest of us a side grace before refocusing on Eneru.

After that the other four, Zoro, Robin, Wyper, and Gan Fall, all point their weapons at Eneru and speak at once. "So you die!" They all decide.

I quickly take out my sword from my waist to follow suit. Why didn't I get a warning and how did everyone else get the memo? So not fair, I wanna sound cool too.

Eneru smiled in response, which was somehow creepier than his smirk. "How insolent! Hahahaha. You're telling me to die? Listen to yourselves Hahaha."

He then stopped laughing and his face morphed into one of challenge. "I guess that's what'd you expect of the game's survivors. However, it seems you don't realize who you're talking to." He started to spark again with electricity and spinning his golden bow staff he held in his hand. He turned around on his ball to face the opposite direction of us before looking up into the sky. "It seems that you still don't understand the existence of god."

He then started to list the different groups of people who were present and their personal goals. I was impressed that he knew my goal wasn't the same as the others, but to visit an island related to my past. He then told us that his dream was to be somewhere where you could "vearth" as far as the eye could see in every direction, and that he would rule that land.

Of course in his mind he couldn't just leave and be done with it. Oh no, that would make our lives too simple I guess. Instead, he plans to drop the land from the sky along with all the people on all the islands around it.

"Are you planning on wiping out the city?" Gan Fall asks after Eneru's declaration.

"That's just natural." He stoically replied, angering Gan Fall in the process.

"Don't be conceited, Eneru! The term 'god' is just a title used to refer to the leader of this nation!" Gan Fall, the former god, reminded the man.

"Yes, up until now, anyways." Eneru nonchalantly states, picking at one of his ears. He then told Gan Fall of his evil plans with his former men up to now. Mainly that they were killed in the end.

Gan Fall charged the lightning man, running with his spear aimed at him. "Are you a devil?!" He shouted as he approached.

Eneru threw his bow staff up above his head, so it spun. Gan Fall pierce him through the torso, but since he was a logia type, his body just changed into lightning. Eneru then appeared beside him, creating a large lightning blast at the man using only two fingers.

Gan Fall was fried looking as he fell to the ground, unmoving.

"A Devil Fruit's Power?!" Zoro questioned, alarmed.