Chapter 54: Out of the Frying Pan & Into the Fire

***3rd Person POV***

Vice-admiral Garp was visiting the cell of Ace inside Impel Down. Ace himself was chained against the wall of his cell, restricting his flame-flame power from the sea prism. Despite his cell, Ace was still in his standard outfit except for a hat that used to don his figure. The only new additions were the small wounds that littered his visible skin.

Garp himself wore his uniform as he squatted outside Ace's cell.

"Nobody can stop it now." Garp's voice reverberated throughout the space. "We made the king of the sea angry!" He declared before taking a studying breath. "I wanted you and Luffy to become good marines. I even held out hope for Ama. Instead, both you brothers have become notorious hoodlums, and your best friend went right along with you, following her father's side of the family."

While Garp was talking, Ace looked down at his lap, listening yet not responding.

"I'm sure you heard about Luffy." The older man continued. "He picked a fight with the World Government at Water 7 and destroyed Enies Lobby! Even Ama destroyed her own plane on purpose just to spite them. I rushed there and gave him some tough love with this very fist, but he didn't learn his lesson. I'd hoped that Ama did with the loss of that plane of hers but alas. Luffy then went on and made a big mess at Sabaody Archipelago, knocking out the celestial dragons. I even heard that Ama disguised herself as a slave just to steal from one. Haha! I'm so proud of my grandson! And that lass! Hahaha! Oh yeah, I also told Luffy about his father. He was rather surprised."

"It doesn't matter to us." Ace's hoarse voice finally broke the listening silence. "Because Luffy and I, unfortunately, have the blood of the world's most infamous criminals in our veins anyway. Even Ama wouldn't consider it with everything they did to her and her island. There was no way for us to become marines. I took over the name 'Portgas' from my mother, to whom I owe so much. But I never wanted to have my good-for-nothing father's blood. Because I don't have any memory of him and I don't owe him anything."

"Yeah, I understand, but he tried-" Garp tried to explain before getting cut off.

"What I want to say is...old man," he looked up to lock eyes with Garp. "My only father is Whitebeard!" He clarifies.

***Amaya's POV***

It's been days of flying through the air. At this point, I don't know where Kuma has sent me. For all I know, I could have flown all the way around the world though I doubt it.

A large gate looms to the side of me, gaining my attention for a brief second before my stomach rumbles. This is the worst. There's no food and no entertainment to distract me.

My annoyed thoughts were interrupted when I finally hit the ground, sort of. The air paw hit, bounced me back up and foot, then let me fall as it completely disappeared. I was left in a large paw-sized crater.

The strange thing was that I wasn't sitting on grass or even dirt, rather I was sitting on stone. Crumbled stone now courtesy of a Warlord but stone nonetheless.

Sitting up, I see a sight that took my breath away in the negative sense mind you. Everywhere there were flocks of marine warships. More than triple the amount that appeared for the Buster Call back on Enies Lobby.

My hand clenched my sword in shock at my surroundings. I slowly stand up, wobbling a bit from lack of energy. Turning around, I come face to face with the entrance to Impel Down, the most heavily guarded prison in the world.

My presence of course didn't go unnoticed. I mean how often does a notorious red-head land in a crater at the entrance of the most secure prison. I'll tell you, never until now.