Chapter 18: Day 1 of 365

Author Note: I will be switching between first person POV with Amaya and a third person POV on occasion for the rest of the upcoming chapters. 

***Amaya's POV***

I woke up with my face against a soft surface of a bed. I guess I fell asleep before landing on the bed. Not the first time that's happened and won't be the last I bet.

I tried to move, but something pulled my hair. I lifted an arm to feel what was on my hair only to find Chi curled up in a ball.

Rubbing her gently on the head, I start to wake her up. "Chi, time to get up. You're pulling my hair." I said, coaxing her awake.

Chi slowly got up and walked off my hair, causing me to sigh in relief at the weight no longer pulling it. I get up and look around the room to see that I'm the only one there. Since I had my privacy, I changed into a new set of clothes.

After changing into my clothes, I placed my sword on my belt and placed my senbon bag underneath my loose pants on my leg. Now I'm all set.

Walking over to the door, I open it up, allowing the bright sunlight to assault my eyes. I blink rapidly to allow my eyes to adjust to the change in light.

Looking around, I spot Robin sitting on a chair on the deck by a small table. I go over to join her, Chi following behind me. Once I arrived, I pulled up another chair and joined her at the table.

"Good morning!" I greet her with a smile. I remembered that in the original story she seemed kinda stoic, but I also knew she warmed up to the crew eventually. It'll just take time. Then again anyone with a past like hers would have trust issues and for good reason too.

"Morning Miss Aviator." She responds with a cup of coffee in her hands.

Chi jumped up on the table, sitting away from the drink, but getting a good view of the water. The three of us sat in silence for a while, watching the waves roll along with the ocean's current until Robin asked a question.

"You knew my real name before I even introduced myself to the others." She comments.

"Mmhmm," I hum in agreement, still looking at the water.

"You also openly trusted me yesterday when the rest of the crew was skeptical."

"Mmhmm," I agreed again, curious where she was going with this.

"How did you know who I was? Why did you trust me so readily?" Robin questioned me, confused by my behavior. "If you knew who I was, then you should have no reason to trust me, knowing what I've done." She explained her reasoning.

I felt the pleasant smile I had while watching the water change into a sad one. "It was because of who you are and where you're from that I decided to trust you." I answered her.

She looked like she had twenty more questions she wanted to ask, so I beat her to the punch by explaining further.

"I come from an island call Arocana." I start to say. "It was famous for being the only island and people who could build aircrafts like the one I made." I said, pointing behind my back to my plane on the other end of the deck.

"Was?" She questioned.

"Indeed." I answer, taking a small pause. "As to be expected the Marines and World Government wanted the knowledge of aircraft to be put to military use for their own cause; however, my father, the chief of Arocana, along with the rest of the island decided to go against the government. As a result a buster call was ordered by the government, and my island along with the rest of my family was killed." I took a breath, my mind flooding with memories of seeing my new home burst into flames.