Chapter 45: Hidden Husband

***Amaya's POV**

I woke up in a lit room, laying on a bed. I was still groggy with whatever I had been injected with earlier. It felt like sea water was pumped directly into my body. Luckily, my mind was still alert, only my body was acting slow.

I force myself into a sitting position, pushing off the soft mattress with my forearms. Looking around the room, I see that it is small and barren, but at least I'm alone.

I tried to move my legs over to the side of the bed, but my movements were slightly restricted. Seeing white fabric instead of my black pants I was wearing earlier gave me a bad omen. I'd been changed into some kind of dress while I was knocked out. I feel so violated.

Noting the slimmer fitting dress, I get off the bed over to the small mirror in the corner. My red hair was still normal and thankfully my headband from Ace that I always wore was still in place. I felt inside the black and white fabric to feel the vivre cards that Ace and Law gave me to make sure they were still there. I sighed in relief feeling the familiar smooth texture.

My face had been fixed up with makeup. My eyes appeared bordered with the makeup surrounding it. My lips also appeared to be a brighter color, nearly matching that of my hair only a few shades different.

Next, my outfit had been taken and replaced with a wedding dress. The top hugged my torso before starting to flow at my waist, still showing my curves. There were no sleeves, but there were white vine-like designs painted on my arms, stopping three-fourths of the way up. How long was I out?

The finishing touch was a pair of white heels that were about two inches tall and had an ankle wrap design.

I was dressed for a wedding, which was unwelcomed. However, my missing sword was more of a concern at the moment. I need to find it and get out of here. I've gotta make sure Chi's okay.

Seeing that there was only one door in the room, I decided to try my luck. The door opened without hesitation; only a creaking sound accompanied the action.

Walking through the threshold, I entered yet another room, but it was more of a drawing room from the past. Weird. I guess this is a castle, so having an older style design is to be expected.

I saw another door, so I quickly made my way there. Well, as quick as my body would allow me. It's like everything was in slow motion with the aftereffects of the drugs in my system.

I nearly reached for the door until my movements were restricted once again. Feeling arms wrapped around me once again yet no body to accompany the sensation, I was left looking like I was struggling with air. A low growl near my ear sounded before he revealed himself.

Standing behind me with his arms wrapped around me was a man with a face that was a mix of lion and man. His mouth was that of a lion with a small snout and pointed teeth. His red eyes were staring at me with an expression I was unfamiliar with.

"I see you're awake my blushing bride. I was beginning to think that you wouldn't be awake for our wedding tonight." He spoke, pulling me closer than I already was to him.

"First, I'm not blushing. The only thing red here is my hair. Second, I never agreed to marry you! I don't even know who you are! Like really, what the heck, man?! Or should I say zombie?" I retorted, unable to turn my neck to see him better.

He chuckled at my outburst, probably thinking it was cute or something. How annoying. I continued to struggle against his hold, but he was actually really strong. Even if I wasn't weakened, I don't know if I could overpower him physically.

"You are worthy of becoming my bride. My name is Absalom. It's the name of your future husband. You'd better remember it!" He proudly ended his speech with a growl that seemed more suggestive than threatening, but to me there wasn't much difference between the two. I think I'd prefer the latter.