Chapter 53: Poof!

***Amaya's POV***

The Straw Hats and I started to walk away from Shakky's Bar, heading for an unknown location. Luffy kept trying to convince everyone that we should go to the amusement park.

Franky had his own running commentary over meeting someone from Roger's ship. It was clear that he was remembering Tom and his connection to the old pirate legend.

It wasn't long in our journey that we came face to face with a Bible-less Kuma. Everyone quickly became on their guard. I even noticed that Zoro and Sanji stepped in between the man and I. They were likely thinking that I would end up in the same state as last time. Even Chi seemed to nestle down further into my shoulder and use part of my hair as a cover.

"Who are you?" My oblivious best friend asked the man.

"Get back Luffy!" Usopp yelled at the rubber man's back.

"He's one of the Seven Warlords of the Sea!" Nami informed him.

"A warlord?! How come you guys know that?!" He turned around to face us before noticing how Sanji and Zoro were acting.

Our opponent removed one of his gloves, showing a small hole in his palm instead of the bear paw of the original. As I thought, this isn't the real one. He then aimed it in our direction.

"Don't let that attack hit you! It's a shockwave!" Sanji warned before a beam was fired out of the drone's hand.

It released a slight blast upon impact with the ground.

"He can do this kinda attack too?!" I heard Usopp from within the thick smoke we were surrounded by.

"Hey! You lied about it being a shockwave!" Luffy snapped at the confused blonde.

"That was a beam!" He and Chopper started to fan over the beam, irritating Usopp to snap at them to focus.

"Bartholomew Kuma! Why are you back?!" Robin questioned.

"You bastard..." Zoro said, glaring in the same direction.

"Wait, is he the guy you said showed up on Thriller Bark?!" Luffy asks.

"Y-Yeah, that's him! Things got real bad when he hit us with shockwaves from the paws on his palms!" Usopp hastily explained.

Chopper changed into his larger form for combat. "He planned to wipe us out there! He must've come back when he found out we survived!"

Franky changed his stance into the one for his Coup de Vent, aiming the arm rod at the bear-like man. "You gave us plenty of trouble back then!" He declared before unleashing the condensed blast of air at the man's middle, sending him flying back into a large groove tree.

"Did that work?" Nami questioned.

"No, the guy's still right as rain!" Franky snarky said, irritated at the lack of reaction from his attack.

"Luffy!" Brook called, earning my attention to the Straw Hat.

"Second Gear," he stated as his body gained a pink glow with steam pouring out of him. "We know he's strong, so let's go all out at the very start!" Luffy ordered.

Sanji loosened his tie. "Guess we have no choice."

Zoro already had his three swords drawn, along with everyone else and their weapons.

"Something's off. This isn't the same person." I mention, earning a few questioning glances. "He's different." I declare, drawing my own sword from its sheath. "Chi, hang on tight."

"Chi!"

"Let's go!" Luffy announced, launching us all into action. Luffy rammed him with a Gum-Gum-Bazooka, only for it to have no effect. It didn't even move him like Franky's attack.