Chapter 11: North Blue

***Amaya's POV***

We traveled for weeks only stopping to restock supplies before taking off again. Since it was a straight shot, I wasn't having to pay attention to the controls unless some special weather came along. If it was just thunder and lighting I would sail through it. The thunder dial powering my plane would just collect lighting if I was struck.

I had a lot of free time on my hands, so I started practicing using the illusion fruit. I started with small things like making it look like Chi had a twin. After that I started to make illusions appear outside of the plane. One second it would look like a pieceful ride, then the next it looked like there was an enemy plane flying around us. It was great practice.

I kept practicing using larger and larger illusions. It was hard to keep the details as precise the larger the area became. However, after a couple of weeks I started to get the hang of it.

It's a good thing that I'm getting in the practice time for this fruit though. I shouldn't use it in front of other people until after Marineford. I can't chance the navy learning about it. So until then I'll have to practice in secret and not tell anyone about it.

I was continuing to practice the illusion fruit when Chi got my attention.

"What is it, girl?" I ask, looking out the plane.

It was an island at least I think so. It looked like a large green bird grew from the ground. I laughed.

"I guess that's why they named it Swallow Island," I told Chi, getting out the telescope. "Now we just have to find a safe place to land." I looked around before getting a crazy idea.

I steered the plane to land on the top of the island. Right on top of the large bird's head. It was large enough that you wouldn't be able to see the plane if you looked up from the ground.

"Chi?" Chi questioned my choice.

"Breath Chi. One it's hidden, and two the height will help when we take off."

Chi simply sighed in defeat.

"Oh, come on! Let's go explore!" I said jumping out of the cockpit and into the bird's head. Even though the island was shaped like a giant bird, it was covered in trees. The whole thing was a forest, except for patches here and there along with the town at the bottom.

I walked to town with Chi in my backpack like normal. I didn't need any supplies for the journey, so I headed to the bookstore. I wanted to look for books of mechanics, medicine, herbs, just about anything useful really. Sure I learned a lot from Kid about mechanics, but that was more hands on fixing and building. I also wanted some technical knowledge to pair it with.

Now that I think about it. I should probably learn more about weather conditions, but I'll need to wait till I enter the grand line if I want to find anything useful. Wait a second! This is the North Blue where Sanji came from! That means that Germa comics will be around! Sanji's brothers are jerks, but I'll enjoy a good comic.

I found a large bookstore. Apparently, Swallow Island is a tourist island. What kinda tourist island doesn't have a bookstore? I'll tell you. A bad one plain and simple.

I first went to a mechanical section, finding a couple of good books. One went over basic concepts, another on general components, and the last talked about the different tools that were used. I gave each a quick kiss before putting them back on the shelf.

Sure it was stealing, but hey! Pirate! I felt the information flood my brain, as I looked for the next section that talked about plants. I saw two promising books. One was an encyclopedia about all the edible foods in the world, and the other was one on medical herbs and plants. I kissed the one on edible foods then put it back on the shelf. I had a headache after that.