Chapter 17: Meet the Crew!

***Amaya's POV***

Rainbase was finally in sight, meaning that I was close to my plane. I ran most of the way here, making me heavily exhausted physically. I was also soaking wet from the rain, which didn't help my exhaustion.

I continued to the hiding place where Chi and I camouflaged the plane underneath a tarp and sand. When I got close to the location, I still couldn't find it. It was too well hidden.

"Chi!" I called out, receiving no response. "Chi!" I called again.

I heard a small squeak in the distance.

"Chi?" I ask, hopeful she heard me.

Next thing I saw was a blur of fur and a strong impact on my stomach, making me fall onto the desert floor. "Oof, Chi, why?" I groan at her as she sits on my torso.

"Chi, chi, chi!" She started to rant.

I chuckled. "Sorry, I'm late. I ran into Luffy as he was helping his new friend stop a war, so I got a little delayed." I explained to the irritated cloudfox. I smile. "Forgive me?" I question.

Looking a mix of both relieved and irritated, Chi turned around, smacking me in the face with her tail before hopping off.

"Thanks partner. How about you? You still good?"

"Chi!" She puffs out her chest with pride.

"Glad to hear it. You keep getting stronger and stronger when I'm not looking. Let's hit the air. I told Luffy I would catch up once I got you."

"Chi?" Her head tilted to the side confused.

"I know what you're thinking. We aren't joining the crew, but we've got a year to kill before the next tradition. So I thought we could hangout with him for a bit."

She nodded her head in understanding before leading the way to the plane that was only a few feet in front of me. Talk about sad. I didn't even see the plane I hid.

We jumped into the plane, and I started to get busy with all the dials and switches to get the plane started.

"Ready, Chi?" I turn my head to see her in my peripheral version."

"Chi!" She got onto my lap in preparation.

"Blast off!" I grinned as I ignited the jet dials and used a sand dune in front of us to help the plane lift off. Sand was lifted into the air as the plane rose up into the sky.

"Yup! Never gets old!" I smile at Chi. Once I was at a decent height, I turned the plane towards the direction of the Going Merry. "Knowing Luffy, he's probably catching some heat from the navy. We better hurry to help just in case." I say before turning the jet dials back on.

When I arrived, I went unnoticed by all the ships in the sea. I saw Luffy's ship, looking like a porcupine with metal rods sticking out of it along with another pirate ship. The second ship had a swan figurehead and pink sails that had a large number 2 written on the sail.

It must be Mr.2's ship. Looking at the water I see that the pirate ships were surrounded by eight marine ships. Two on each side blocking off any type of retreat.

"Chi!" Chi squeaked in protest.

"You're right Chi! Time to level the playing field wouldn't ya say?" I give a small smirk at the now excited cloudfox.

***3rd Person POV***

"Do something you guys!" Nami yells at the crew, wanting them to better protect the ship from getting hit.

"It takes all our effort just to protect one side!" Sanji explained while running around on the deck. "One ship against eight isn't a fair fight!"

"If this was close combat, we'd have a better chance." Zoro comments irritated. "Whether we chase them or run away, they keep this formation, surrounding us on four sides."