Chapter 31: Worrisome Ordeals

Previously on The Copyist:

"You guys, don't leave the ship." Luffy ordered as he walked away from the ship on the rocky shore.

There was a strong wind on this night. Puffs of smoke were being stirred up from the gusts, creating an ominous mood.

Appearing within one of the larger dust clouds was Usopp who was ready for battle. 

***Amaya's POV***

 "Can't we stop this? Usopp is badly injured." Chopper looks to the second in command.

Unlooking at the reindeer, the swordsman answered. "If you can't bear to watch this, go inside.

Luffy then warned Usopp not to regret his decision to fight while Usopp claimed that he would turn the tables on him. Usopp mentioned that he knew Luffy's powers well, and that he had an army of 8,000 behind him.

"What?! 8,000?! That many?!" Chopper freaks out from hearing the conversation."

"You go inside." Zoro comments.

"Usopp Spell!" The long nose suddenly yelled. "You've got sharp razors stuck between all your teeth!" He attempted mind games on the strawhat.

Luffy remained unfazed, but poor Chopper started to whine imagining the pain, earning another 'go inside' from Zoro.

Having had enough of his charade, Luffy started to charge towards Usopp. Usopp suddenly doubled over while red liquid splashed the surface beneath him.

"See?! His body is already..." Chopper's high pitch voice ripped our ears.

"I don't think that's blood." I judge. "It's too thick."

Usopp then popped up since he wasn't hurt to that extent in the first place. It was ketchup that he used for his ruse. He then used a flash dial to blind Luffy before pelting him with rotten eggs and shooting tabasco sauce into his mouth.

Luffy was a fire breathing dragon with the smoke and flames that erupted from his mouth. In his distraction he didn't notice how Usopp created a minefield of metal spike balls around him.

Luffy fell back losing his balance and landed on top of several of those mini metal spikes.

"Listen Luffy, I'll defeat you without fail and take back the Merry no matter what the cost!" Usopp declared, holding his slingshot in his direction.

He continues to assault Luffy with a Pepper Star, causing his eyes to redden and water along with falling a few more times on the metal surrounding him.

Usopp didn't let up. He then launched a large amount of shuriken at Luffy, leaving little time to dodge. Luffy did his best to maneuver his feet to avoid the spike as he continued to dodge attack after attack of shurikens.

"Does anyone else smell something?" I ask the group around me, earning me a confused looks all around.

The area around Luffy was becoming smoky; however, it was too controlled to be natural. I look around the edges of the area to find breathe dials, releasing some sort of gas.

"You didn't notice it because of the smell of rotten eggs, right?" Usopp questioned Luffy. "The smell of the gas that's filling the area around you!"

"Gas?" Sanji questions to my left.

"Don't tell me!" Nami adds before we all see Usopp launch another projectile into the gas.

BOOM!

The whole area surrounding Luffy let off a large shockwave from the explosion, pushing the waves and rocking the boat in the process.

"What an explosion!" Zoro observes, raising an arm to cover his eyes from the wind's force.