Chapter 36: Finally, Freedom!

***Amaya's POV***

Robin and I were escorted down many secret passages and passed through many different doors on our way to the Gates of Justice.

As we were in a long stone hallway faint voices seemed to whisper off the walls.

Robin seemed to hear one of these voices, causing her to stop in her tracks. She turned around to look behind her in the direction that we came from.

"Hm? Hey, hurry up!" Spandam started to gripe at her. "Why are you stopping, Nico Robin?!"

She ignored the man, seeming lost in thought as she continued to look in the distance.

"Hey, are you listening, you woman whose very life is a crime?!" Spandam continued.

I send a glare at the man for his choice of words.

"Hey, Lucci! Drag her along!" He ordered, seeming to forget that he was already holding me up on this miserable trek.

Lucci turned us around, headed for Robin. He grabbed her by her arm to drag her a couple of steps before releasing her. "It's an order. Get moving, Nico Robin." He told her.

Robin restarted her walking with Lucci and I following behind her.

Spandam got in her face. "Don't tell me...you still think that the Strawhats are coming to your rescue?" He laughed. "How stupid. Are you seriously still laying your hopes on such a weak-looking pirates?"

"I mean I think they are worth at least a couple of average soldiers, but oh, that's right. You can't say the same." I grin at the weak hypocrite.

"Why you!" He started to wind his hand back like he was going to hit me.

"We should move on." Lucci spoke, distracting the man from his intention.

Spandam lowered his arm. "I suppose you're right."

The sound of fast paced footsteps echoed in the distance. "Robin!! Ama!!" Luffy's voice bounced off the walls.

Robin and I smiled, so did Lucci but for a different reason.

Spandam's life seemed to shorten by the amount of sweat that appeared on his face. "Wh-wh-what was that?! I just heard a voice! Hey! What was that voice?!"

We walked into a large room that appeared to be a storage facility. I was handed off to Spandam the jerk while Lucci stayed behind to intercept Luffy.

I was part way supported yet half dragged along since Spandam was holding on to both Robin and I. We continued our walk; however, it was now up a long spiral staircase. Great. And just when I now longer have decent support. Well, if I won't have a fun time then never will he.

I acted like a dead weight, pretending to have less energy than I actually did.

"Hey! Hurry it up!" He started to drag us.

"Blame the cuffs pal. They sap all my energy." I refused with an explanation.

"Damn, what a disaster! To think that a pirate would get this far.." He pulled out a golden snail before pressing the button. "CP9! What the hell are you all doing?! A pirate has gotten this far!" He complains into the snail.

Hearing no response, he spoke again. "Hey, are you listening?! Say something!" His voice reached higher frequencies in his irritation.

"Wait!" Robin calls, staring at the golden snail in horror. "What you're holding is..." she trails off.

Oh no. He didn't.

"EHHHHHH! A-A-A golden transponder snail!" Spandom screeched. He then pulled out another snail. "Hey! Hey!" He yelled into it.