Chapter 34: Enies Lobby

***Amaya's POV***

"So he's still alive?!" Franky questions Robin who finally spoke.

    "From what I've been told, yes." She confirms.

    I'd woken up to their conversation, so I opened my eyes as I listened in.

    "I'm glad. That darn stupid-berg. I thought he'd gotten himself killed. I'm glad." Franky comments in relief of his childhood friend.

    "Sounds like CP9 thinks that they killed him, so it's better to keep it to yourself." Robin cautioned the man.

    He looked at her. "Isn't what you're doing called 'kindness'?" He took a deep breath before switching topics. "At any rate the Government has now successfully obtained the two keys. Me, who owns the weapon's blueprints, and you, who can revive the existing weapon. When that power actually appears in this world, the Government will naturally end this pirate era. After that, this military power will become too much to handle, and will shake the world to its core and destroy it. The ancient weapon is that much of a threat." He finished.

    "Three keys, actually." I pipe in, gaining Franky's attention. "Remember what I told you? I know everything Robin does on the subject since I copied her knowledge with my ability. That's also not the only thing we need to worry about though. They've taken my plane and are going to want to know how it works. If they learn about it, they will learn how to travel the air, which could destroy the pirate era just as easily."

    "Ya know. Long-nose tried to tell me earlier but didn't get the chance. What is your ability?"

    "It's called-"

    I was interrupted by the sound of the door suddenly opening and all of CP9 filtering through the entrance. So I was right. Most government people do just bust through the door instead of knocking. That other guy must have been an anomaly.

    "We've arrived." Lucci announced.

    The three of us stood up, Robin being the only one uncuffed. I didn't notice until now that Franky's arms were bound together. How did he manage to drag me earlier like that?

    The train came to a stop and common foot soldiers started to stream into the train to collect us. Franky was wrapped in a heavy chain that went several times around his torso. He gave the grunt who tried to escort him a hard time, attempting to bite his head off with his unnaturally unhinged jaw.

    The soldier complained of course as he screamed. Others quickly went to assist the man, freeing him from Franky's torment.

    Robin was the stark contrast to the rough and tuff Franky. She simply walked out. Not causing the slightest problem to anyone as she did so. I was the goldie locks of the situation, right in the middle. I didn't put up a huge fuss since I was still cuffed, but I glared at anyone who dared look at me.

    I looked around to see my plane being unloaded from the train right next to us. We were then escorted in the middle of CP9 towards the main gate. Lucci, Kaku, and Kalifa in front of us as Bluneo brought up the rear. My plane was being pulled by a group of soldiers behind us.

    Common soldiers lined up on either side of our journey towards the main gate that lay at the top of a set of stairs.

    "Kaku," I call this attention.

    "What?" He questioned as he turned to face me.

    "Seeing as these lovely pair of bracelets you gave me are sapping my energy." I shake my wrists at him. "I can't walk up the stairs, so you'll have to carry me if you want me to come." I exhaustingly explained.