Chapter 38: Goodbye, Old Friends

***Amaya's POV***

"This is the Merry! It's the Merry!" Chopper's wobbly voice starts to say as he's flopped on the ship's deck. "I really love the Merry!" He fails his little limbs as best as his worn body would let him.

"...she's alive. My Merry is alive!" Usopp exclaimed with tears in his eyes as he hugged the mast.

"I can't believe it! This ship was dropped into the sea!" Franky mentions what happened back in Water Seven.

"Believe it! Merry is the eighth member of the Straw Hats after all." I smile as I look towards the figurehead. "Right, girl?"

"Who on earth sailed the ship here?" Nami questioned, looking around for anyone else.

"I just-" I was interrupted by a swordsman.

"We'll talk about it later! Give us your instructions!" He spoke to Nami, reminding her and all of us our situation: surrounded by marine battleships.

"That was close! I thought I was gonna be killed by the battleships!" Luffy shouts as he is also sprawled on the deck floor. "Hey, Ama! Thanks for-"

I covered his mouth to keep him from finishing. "As if I wouldn't save you, we all made a promise didn't we? Thank you for keeping your end." I smile.

"Don't worry about it." Luffy smiled and laughed.

Robin then took over and thanked everyone from the crew with me following right after. I didn't want to steal going first since I was an addition to the original story, yet sometimes it feels like the original storyline is a distant memory. I truly feel like I've been a part of this world my whole life.

"Say stupid stuff like that after we escape from here." Zoro, the killjoy, ruined the moment.

Apparently, Sanji and Chopper thought the same as they attacked him with a kick from the blonde and a chomp on the leg from the reindeer.

"What do you mean 'stupid stuff', you damn moss head?!" Sanji shouts.

"What do you mean, you dame moss head?!" Chopper mimicked the chef.

"Shut up! If we die here, it'll all come to nothing!" Zoro defended himself both with his words and his sword from Sanji's kicks.

"Apologize to Ama-chan and Robin-chan!"

"He's right!" Apologize!"

"That's enough!" He looked down like he just realized something. "Oh, Chopper? You can move now?"

"Huh? Y-You're right! I'm moving!" His tiny self started to shout in joy. His happy mood then did another 180 as he transformed into his larger form and put Zoro in a painful looking hold. "Apologize already!"

"Ahhh!"

"Do you give up?" Sanji smirked.

"No!"

"Now, guys!" Nami takes charge. "We're gonna hurry up and get outta here!"

"''Yeah!'''" Everyone cheers in agreement.

All ships take aim!

"They're gonna fire at us!" Usopp freaks.

"Catch the wind from the starboard and head east!" Nami orders.

"We can't! We're surrounded on all sides!" Zoro declares.

"Sanji!" I called. "Did you find it?" I ask.

The sound of two battleships colliding into one another showed the result of his success.

I smile. "Guess ya did!" I yell over to him. "Nicely done!" I turn my head towards Nami. "Nami! Prepare for some new currents!" I warn her, so that she can get us out of here quicker.