Chapter 14: What a Croc!

Previously on the last chapter:

My vision refocused and I saw a Blonde with some iconic twirly eyebrows and wearing sunglasses.

Showtime. I walk over and take a seat next to him. I smile at him and he acknowledges my presence.

"Excuse me. I need some help. I'm looking for an old friend I grew up with. He's kinda silly, really willful, makes stupid decisions sometimes, wears a straw hat, and claims he will be a bigshot in the future. Any chance you've seen him around?"

***Amaya's POV***

He seemed rather surprised at my claim of being friends with Luffy before it turned into a look of suspicion.

"Oh? Is that so? You seem to know him pretty well." Sanji comments.

"Does that mean you know who I speak of?" I ask, counting at his pace even if it was slow.

"I'm about to go see him if you want to tag along." He said, glancing at the entrance door.

I followed his gaze to see several bodies littering the ground. I whistled, impressed. "Looks like someone is wreaking shop." I comment on the amount of people knocked out.

Sanji smirked. "The one who did that is a part of the crew."

"Cool! I can't wait to see him again and meet the best of the crew." I smile, happy for Luffy at his choice of crewmates.

Before Sanji could comment on what I had to say, a bluenette girl with her hair up in a ponytail ran over to us. It was Vivi! Her hair is such a pretty color in person. I'm still not used to unnatural colored hair in this world, despite having a striking red color myself.

"S-Sanji! They need help! They're trapped!" She starts to panickly try to explain.

"Lead the way," Sanji said.

Vivi nodded before giving me a quick glance. She shook her head then started to lead the way to the hidden room that was starting to self-destruct.

We entered at the top of the room, unnoticed by Luffy and the others who were stuck in the cage. I could hear Nami and Usopp freaking out, before Nami and Luffy tried to trick a bananagator into tearing their cage open with its teeth. If the animal wasn't trying to eat them, I might have felt bad for it once it broke its teeth.

"That croc didn't think that through. Even if it worked, would you really want Luffy inside your stomach? Talk about indigestion. " I comment nonchalantly.

Vivi paled at the suggestion while Sanji lightly snickered at the thought.

I turn to look at them. "May I? I want to surprise him?" I ask the blonde and bluenette.

"As you wish my lady!" Sanji fullheartly agreed.

Vivi just nods, still looking worried.

I surveyed the area below us and noticed another extra large banangator nearing the cage. Nami and Usopp were freaking out about the gator and Luffy started to panic about the water levels. I shake my head at him.

I jump down from the entrance at the top of the stairs. Taking my sword still inside its holder, I slice the bananagator in half and scaring the rest away a few feet. I smile at the straw hat boy locked in the cage. "Long time no see Luffy. Mind if I drop in?" I say jokingly.

Luffy laughs with a huge grin, donning on his face. "Ama!"

"S-scary lady," Usopp comments at the far end of the cage, hiding behind an interested Zoro. Both men were eyeing the sword I was holding with different gazes. One of fear and the other of intrigue.