Chapter 8: Treasure

Months have passed and the snow is now gone. I've gathered all the needed building materials from Gray Terminal for my aircraft, along with a tarp to keep it covered when I'm not working on it.

This evening there's a huge windstorm along with rain. Ace and Sabo stay inside the hideout near the window and steering wheel to play in the wind. Luffy was sent up into the watchtower to keep our flag from blowing away.

I was standing outside in the rain, holding the tarp down to keep my machine dry. I'm glad I left Chi inside the hideout because I was getting drenched in the rain. My red hair was being wildly thrown around from the wind, slapping my face and arms.

This was going to be a long night. I felt a strand of my hair get caught in my earring on my left ear. It was a small golden hoop. When this happened, I was reminded of when the boys surprised me with gifts.

The boys came home even later than usual, and if it was even possible Luffy had a bigger grin then normal. Once they arrived, Luffy grabbed my attention and placed a small, golden earring in the palm of my hand.

I'd actually missed having my ears being pierced in my past life, so it was a pleasant surprise. "Thanks Luffy! I love it!" I hugged him with a smile before backing up.

"Shishishi." He laughed. "You'll look more like a pirate!"

"Mine next." Ace said, holding out a cloth. The base was black and there were white designs creating several patterns on it. It was a bandana that you could tie around your head or hair, or really anywhere you wanted. "I thought it would match your red hair." Ace said, looking the other way being his usual bashful self.

"Thanks, Ace. It's perfect!" I said, giving him a hug and making him blush even more than he was. I gathered some of my hair and tied the bandana around it to hold it up.

"My turn!" Sabo says with a large smile.

I turned to face him to see that his hands were behind his back. I looked at him in anticipation.

"Well, you've been practicing with that broken blade for a while, so I thought that you would like your very own katana." He said, pulling out a beautiful sword.

The katana's sheath was a vibrant red with golden dragon designs. The hilt was the same color red with black mini rope tied around the handle for better grip. The guard was a bronze color that matched the rest of the katana nicely.

"Thank you thank you thank you!" I yelled going in for a hug. "It's amazing! I can't wait to start practicing with it!" I pulled back and started to look at the katana closer to see that it wasn't only nice but well made. "Say guys, not that I'm not happy, but what's the occasion? Why the sudden gifts?"

"''Happy Birthday!!''" They called out together.

I was stunned. Not because they remembered, but because they were way off. I smiled sheepishly. "Who told you it was my birthday?"

"Luffy!" Sabo said. "We were happy to find out it was coming up soon, so we started to prepare right away." He explained.

I was so touched. They never consider their own birthdays, but they care enough to do something when they thought it was my birthday. I'd never gotten presents in my last life. My parents would say that celebrating me for something they achieved was a waste of money.

I gave them one more big group hug. "You guys are the best! I love you guys!" They froze but I kept going. "I've never gotten a gift before, much less three! This is the best non-birthday ever! Thank you!"